• 30(current)
Release YouTube
(2021-01-04, 18:14)Insert coin Wrote: Hi, I can't setup any account, after inserting the code I receive a LoginInvalid [401] error, any idea to fix?

Windows 10
Kodi 18.9
Youtube app ver. 6.8.8
Do you have your own API Keys ?
Tell us step by step what you did in detail.
The latest version is 6.8.9 beta 3 which requires only 1 login on youtube dot com / activate
Is 6.8.9 only for Matrix?

Thanks,

Shedrock
(2021-01-04, 22:54)shedrock Wrote: Is 6.8.9 only for Matrix?

Thanks,

Shedrock
no
(2021-01-04, 23:19)blueribb Wrote: no
Thank you.
(2020-12-19, 19:35)kodden Wrote:
(2020-12-18, 22:14)blueribb Wrote:
(2020-12-18, 21:54)maral Wrote: since 2 or 3 days historylist is empty 6.8.8

Install Latest in-development version: 6.x.x-dev (post #2)
Since the current non-beta version is pretty much broken, I think it would be prudent to simply release the current beta to main at this point.
Does anyone know if the 'My Subscriptions' fix will be rolled into the main release channel? Thanks.
(2021-01-05, 03:42)jbrid Wrote: Does anyone know if the 'My Subscriptions' fix will be rolled into the main release channel? Thanks.

4 hours ago: https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../tag/6.8.9

Quote:6.8.9
@anxdpanic anxdpanic released this 4 hours ago

Installation https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...stallation

[fix] my subscriptions section using YouTube RSS |contrib: PureHemp|
[fix] items per page settings on Kodi 19
[chg] recommendations only available for users with custom history playlist id configured
[chg] no longer show watch later unless custom watch later playlist is configured
[rem] remove usage of discontinued api and dual login (no longer required)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Once again a huge thanks as always to @anxdpanic for the continued support of this addon! Nod

I also have a question based on the changes included in the latest v6.8.9.

For existing users who are already succesfully using the official Watch Later list that the addon previously extracted from YouTube "WL" (before Google made their changes...), can we just simply take the full WL Playlist ID from:

Kodi > userdata > addon_data > plugin.video.youtube > access_manager.json > "watch_later": "PLXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

And then just simply use that PlayList ID as our Custom Watch Later playlist?

I'm assuming that this will work but wanted to double check that the addon can still read/write to this official playlist?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
You can also get your personal Watch Later Playlist ID by the way of Google Takeout, just export your YT Playlists and look in the archived .csv files.

Didn't test if the plugin will take the custom IDs directly, but I simply made custom lists for Watch Later (also for History, but sadly that ID is noted in the Takeout) to be on the safe side.
You just have to enter the Playlist ID directly in your Browser, followed by &disable_polymer=true (for example https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=YOURPLAYLISTIDHERE&disable_polymer=true),
and even the available special lists behave like a standard playlist and let you add all videos to another list per the ... menu, etc.
(2021-01-06, 02:42)fedprod Wrote: You can also get your personal Watch Later Playlist ID by the way of Google Takeout, just export your YT Playlists and look in the archived .csv files.

Thanks, that may be a nice bonus for users who haven't already extracted their Watch Later Playlist ID from "WL".

As to your other points, yes I'm aware of that, I've been around and involved in the YouTube addon for quite some time and I already use dozens of playlists... Wink

However it would be nice to be able to retain the official Watch Later if possible (if the addon can still read/write to it) mostly because it does one particular thing that there is no work around for - and that is being able to click "Watch Later" on a YouTube video that is embedded on web page.

For me personally I have these videos every day, normally in articles that I'm reading on my phone, so a simple click while reading means I can watch the video later in Kodi when I have more time.

Thanks again for your other tip though, that's very helpful Nod
(2021-01-06, 02:53)jmh2002 Wrote: However it would be nice to be able to retain the official Watch Later if possible (if the addon can still read/write to it) mostly because it does one particular thing that there is no work around for - and that is being able to click "Watch Later" on a YouTube video that is embedded on web page.
Is this possible?

Thanks,

Shedrock
I'm supposing that it is (or can be), by using the Custom Watch List feature that already exists, but using the real official Watch Later Playlist ID - if you have it.

My understanding is that the problem (for new users) is not being unable to extract this official Playlist ID from within the addon anymore.

However @fedprod mentioned a work around for that above.

I don't want to mess with my working setup at the moment so I'm waiting for @anxdpanic to jump in and confirm that this will work (ie: that the official Playlist is not/will not be somehow blocked by Google from being accessed by the addon)
(2021-01-06, 04:59)jmh2002 Wrote: However @fedprod mentioned a work around for that above.

I don't want to mess with my working setup at the moment so I'm waiting for @anxdpanic to jump in and confirm that this will work (ie: that the official Playlist is not/will not be somehow blocked by Google from being accessed by the addon)

While I'm not anxdpanic :-) I just tested replacing my custom watch later playlist ID with the one found in my Google Takeout data, and it worked fine. The addon was able to see the playlist correctly, and add and remove videos from it.

I'm tentatively giving it a try -- though keeping a backup of my access_manager.json file.

~Jondar
(2021-01-07, 08:52)Jondar Wrote: While I'm not anxdpanic :-) I just tested replacing my custom watch later playlist ID with the one found in my Google Takeout data, and it worked fine. The addon was able to see the playlist correctly, and add and remove videos from it.

I'm tentatively giving it a try -- though keeping a backup of my access_manager.json file.

~Jondar

Thanks! @Jondar

Is this also while using the lastest YouTube addon v6.8.9? I'll have a look at testing it too over the coming days when I have some free time available.
(2021-01-07, 09:17)jmh2002 Wrote: Is this also while using the lastest YouTube addon v6.8.9? I'll have a look at testing it too over the coming days when I have some free time available.

Yes, I'm currently using latest v6.8.9 from official Kodi repository. Working fine for me so far.

~Jondar
Well, v6.8.9 working for me, too. Including own Watch Later ID replaced in access-manager.json file.
Thanks @anxdpanic
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0