• 272(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Good morning to all of you,

Just to share an unpleasant experience. I had bought a Véro 4K+ this summer just to be able to read 3D MVC, 4K and x265. I had inquired beforehand, I had been confirmed that it was.

Except that once I received it, I noticed and learned that I had to use a beta firmware to have this feature. This is not a problem in itself... except that... I had more and more repeated overheating problems. Probably a hardware problem, it can happen, but in my case I was systematically asked to "install the latest stable version", to remove all plugins, not to put a skin... in short....

After dozens of unsuccessful and useless exchanges (wondering if I'm a liar or a fool), I was finally able to send my box back for an exchange...  Except that once sent back, I was first told that there was no more stock (which I had not been told before), and that I was going to test (again!!! I did dozens of tests!!) the box I had sent back.
I think that with the latest stable firmware, without customization, in factory configuration, it will work very well... but no 3D MVC as a result. I'm even sure that when turned off, it won't have any overheating problem. QED.

Anyway, I wonder when I'll find a Vero 4K+ that works, and in the meantime, I'm going to buy another one.  I'm going to try the Z9X I think.

So be careful before you buy!
Sorry to hear about your experience. My unit gets hot, but doesn't overheat. Both @wrxtasy (in his pinned thread) and my first post here mention that beta software is required for 3D functionality. In a way, it's always in constant beta states, and one needs to keep up with what each new update adds, fixes and breaks. But, this is true with Zidoo as well, but 3D functionality has remained intact with their players. Once you get used to native Kodi 3D playback with Vero however, it feels a little kludgy to go back to Zidoo and external player.

I use Vero as my primary 3D player, and Zidoo as my backup.
(2021-01-02, 15:27)Sinisan Wrote: Good morning to all of you,

Just to share an unpleasant experience. I had bought a Véro 4K+ this summer just to be able to read 3D MVC, 4K and x265. I had inquired beforehand, I had been confirmed that it was.

Except that once I received it, I noticed and learned that I had to use a beta firmware to have this feature. This is not a problem in itself... except that... I had more and more repeated overheating problems. Probably a hardware problem, it can happen, but in my case I was systematically asked to "install the latest stable version", to remove all plugins, not to put a skin... in short....

After dozens of unsuccessful and useless exchanges (wondering if I'm a liar or a fool), I was finally able to send my box back for an exchange...  Except that once sent back, I was first told that there was no more stock (which I had not been told before), and that I was going to test (again!!! I did dozens of tests!!) the box I had sent back.
I think that with the latest stable firmware, without customization, in factory configuration, it will work very well... but no 3D MVC as a result. I'm even sure that when turned off, it won't have any overheating problem. QED.

Anyway, I wonder when I'll find a Vero 4K+ that works, and in the meantime, I'm going to buy another one.  I'm going to try the Z9X I think.

So be careful before you buy!

Hi

Sorry that the device isn't working as expected. We will get it resolved.

We agreed to take a look at the unit and swap it over, but we did want to ask a couple of questions first. I don't think it was unreasonable for us to ask for a photo of how the device was positioned in your room so that we could see if it was obstructed, and to verify that you were using the officially supplied power supply.

We could not send you a new unit out in advance because we are out of stock (as mentioned on our website). The next batch is on schedule and we expect to resume shipping this week.

I will keep you informed of my findings when I receive the device back.

Thanks for your understanding

Sam
(2021-01-02, 17:19)hdmkv Wrote: KSorry to hear about your experience. My unit gets hot, but doesn't overheat. Both @wrxtasy (in his pinned thread) and my first post here mention that beta software is required for 3D functionality. In a way, it's always in constant beta states, and one needs to keep up with what each new update adds, fixes and breaks. But, this is true with Zidoo as well, but 3D functionality has remained intact with their players. Once you get used to native Kodi 3D playback with Vero however, it feels a little kludgy to go back to Zidoo and external player.

3D MVC will be out of beta and part of Kodi v19 (which is now getting near to release); so not long to wait now.
(2021-01-02, 19:54)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2021-01-02, 17:19)hdmkv Wrote: KSorry to hear about your experience. My unit gets hot, but doesn't overheat. Both @wrxtasy (in his pinned thread) and my first post here mention that beta software is required for 3D functionality. In a way, it's always in constant beta states, and one needs to keep up with what each new update adds, fixes and breaks. But, this is true with Zidoo as well, but 3D functionality has remained intact with their players. Once you get used to native Kodi 3D playback with Vero however, it feels a little kludgy to go back to Zidoo and external player.

3D MVC will be out of beta and part of Kodi v19 (which is now getting near to release); so not long to wait now.

https://youtu.be/_3PUu88nOcw
Hello. I've been trying for years now to enable playback of 3d video content on my passive 4k 3d tv. When I built my setup I learned after a while that the AMD 2200G I had, couldn't properly switch my tv to 3d and that the graphics of an Nvidia card might be more helpful. At least I could throw side by side content on and manually tell the tv to go into side by side 3d but it's just not quite as good as directly on the disc.

I recently threw my Geforce 1070 in to test if I could do it with that, installed the 3d fix manager and the last 3d enabled driver and 3d vision. This has allowed me to switch my TV to 3d in windows. Everything on the graphics cards end seems to work with Nvidia photo viewer even viewing images in 3d However, I still can't playback video files in 3d. Every player I use throw side by side or top and buttom content, even nvidias own video player and what I assume I need to playback, is frame-packed? Is there a hardware problem here with my ryzen cpu as well ? or should the video card be able to do it ? is it a software issue ? I realize it might fall a bit outside the scope of the thread as it doesn't pertain directly to kodi alone, but I'm still hoping to get some help from people who are obviously well versed in getting 3d up and running.

Hoping for some assistance. I've also been looking at getting a nas and wondering if that would fare better. I've specifically been looking at the QNAP TS-653D.

Thanks in advance !
(2021-01-03, 13:24)DoctorWhiskers Wrote: Hello. I've been trying for years now to enable playback of 3d video content on my passive 4k 3d tv. When I built my setup I learned after a while that the AMD 2200G I had, couldn't properly switch my tv to 3d and that the graphics of an Nvidia card might be more helpful. At least I could throw side by side content on and manually tell the tv to go into side by side 3d but it's just not quite as good as directly on the disc.

I recently threw my Geforce 1070 in to test if I could do it with that, installed the 3d fix manager and the last 3d enabled driver and 3d vision. This has allowed me to switch my TV to 3d in windows. Everything on the graphics cards end seems to work with Nvidia photo viewer even viewing images in 3d However, I still can't playback video files in 3d. Every player I use throw side by side or top and buttom content, even nvidias own video player and what I assume I need to playback, is frame-packed? Is there a hardware problem here with my ryzen cpu as well ? or should the video card be able to do it ? is it a software issue ? I realize it might fall a bit outside the scope of the thread as it doesn't pertain directly to kodi alone, but I'm still hoping to get some help from people who are obviously well versed in getting 3d up and running.

Hoping for some assistance. I've also been looking at getting a nas and wondering if that would fare better. I've specifically been looking at the QNAP TS-653D.

Thanks in advance !

Hello @DoctorWhiskers,

thank you for your reply. I can't find any information about the fact the Shield (Pro or not) could read 3D MVC from MKV or ISO ? And, most of all, with the "current" firmware ? I don't want to be fooled anymore with "yes" answer but in the beta release, that you can't use because if you have problem the first thing people say is "please put the current firmware".

Thank you for your help.
(2021-01-09, 17:04)Sinisan Wrote:
(2021-01-03, 13:24)DoctorWhiskers Wrote: Hello. I've been trying for years now to enable playback of 3d video content on my passive 4k 3d tv. When I built my setup I learned after a while that the AMD 2200G I had, couldn't properly switch my tv to 3d and that the graphics of an Nvidia card might be more helpful. At least I could throw side by side content on and manually tell the tv to go into side by side 3d but it's just not quite as good as directly on the disc.

Thanks in advance !

Hello @DoctorWhiskers,

thank you for your reply. I can't find any information about the fact the Shield (Pro or not) could read 3D MVC from MKV or ISO ? And, most of all, with the "current" firmware ? I don't want to be fooled anymore with "yes" answer but in the beta release, that you can't use because if you have problem the first thing people say is "please put the current firmware".

Thank you for your help.

I don't believe the nVidia Shield TV in any version supports either 3D MVC decode or frame packed output.
Nope it doesn't, and never will... nVidia have said as much in their forum.
Okay, this may be the wrong place to ask, but since she title is in the main page of movies, I will anyhow. I recently bought Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D. However, the 3D is not regular Blu-ray 3D, but rather anaglyth (red/blue).  Is there a way to somehow convert this to regular mkv/mvc so I can watch with the same players and glasses I do for all my other 3d content? I also have My Bloody Valentine, which appears to be the same way.

Thank you for your time.
Hmm, wasn't aware they even sold anaglyph versions of those. Believe there are ways to "convert anaglyph to sbs". Try Googling. Never tried myself.
(2021-01-10, 03:23)hdmkv Wrote: Hmm, wasn't aware they even sold anaglyph versions of those. Believe there are ways to "convert anaglyph to sbs". Try Googling. Never tried myself.
Having a look around there isn't much out there - and development seems to have stalled. There are some AviSynth scripts referenced, and some approaches that marry a 2D colour copy of the movie using the anaglyph version to generate a second eye-view (to avoid the colour issues with anaglyph encoding) 

I think this was a niche of a niche...
(2021-01-10, 03:23)hdmkv Wrote: Hmm, wasn't aware they even sold anaglyph versions of those. Believe there are ways to "convert anaglyph to sbs". Try Googling. Never tried myself.

Thank you for the reply. So you are saying there are actual MVC, 3D Blu-ray versions of those movies? Have you specifically played one? I just want to make sure before I go hunting for a pink elephant.
(2021-01-11, 09:48)paylesspizzaman Wrote:

Thank you for the reply. So you are saying there are actual MVC, 3D Blu-ray versions of those movies? Have you specifically played one? I just want to make sure before I go hunting for a pink elephant.
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Journey-t...ray/32747/

Full 1080p Blu-ray 3D.

I can't think of a film that has been released on Blu-ray that was first anaglyph 3D and never received a proper 1080p Blu-ray 3D release. Probably some children's titles or something.

And I'm pretty sure the anaglyph discs are just an anaglyph video stream, not 2 separate streams that a player then merges into an anaglyph 3D image. So it would be impossible to separate a single stream into 2 and make it like a full 1080p Blu-ray 3D stream.
From what I found looking around, the anaglyth versions of the movies seem to be by far the most common and cheapest on reselling sites. Seems how both My Bloody Valentine and Journey to the Center of the Earth are on the must have list, any chance you could add something to say make sure to get the actual "3D Blu-ray"? I doubt I'm the only stupid person that has read this thread and went looking for the movies. I actually ended up with both region A and region B releases of the anaglyth version of Journey to the Center of the Earth. Couldnt figure out why makemkv wasn't showing MVC, till I played them. I also way overpaid for them....
  • 272(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17