Bug Recently Added and In Progress not properly filtering since latest release (3.2.125)
I've been using Amber for a couple of months now and it's been great, but with the most recent update the Recently Added has stopped filtering shows when using custom nodes. For example:

Code:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="10" type="filter">
    <label>20382</label>
    <icon>DefaultRecentlyAddedMovies.png</icon>
    <content>movies</content>
    <match>all</match>
      <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>4K</value>
          </rule>
       <limit>25</limit>
       <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
</node>

This is how I have my 4K movies recently added setup, but when I go into recently added, I see this:

https://i.imgur.com/azyk5ks.png (I don't want to paste the image since it's so huge).

That movie was added as a 1080p version recently, but I've had the 4K for a while, yet it's showing up in the library with other 4K movies. Puppet Master, The Accountant and The Martian are all in the same boat.

Along the same lines, In Progress is adding both 1080p and 4K to the same library for In Progress, specifically for TV.

The screenshot for that is here: https://imgur.com/a/2zl68AW
(2021-01-10, 15:46)Offsprin Wrote: I've been using Amber for a couple of months now and it's been great, but with the most recent update the Recently Added has stopped filtering shows when using custom nodes. For example:

Code:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="10" type="filter">
    <label>20382</label>
    <icon>DefaultRecentlyAddedMovies.png</icon>
    <content>movies</content>
    <match>all</match>
      <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>4K</value>
          </rule>
       <limit>25</limit>
       <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
</node>

This is how I have my 4K movies recently added setup, but when I go into recently added, I see this:

https://i.imgur.com/azyk5ks.png (I don't want to paste the image since it's so huge).

That movie was added as a 1080p version recently, but I've had the 4K for a while, yet it's showing up in the library with other 4K movies. Puppet Master, The Accountant and The Martian are all in the same boat.

Along the same lines, In Progress is adding both 1080p and 4K to the same library for In Progress, specifically for TV.

The screenshot for that is here: https://imgur.com/a/2zl68AW
@Offsprin , I have not changed anything in the code that might have affected the behaviour of video nodes.  I just created a video node similar to yours (with file contains 4K as the rule, since I do not have a path that contains 4K in my system), and when I go into it, it only shows the movies that match the rule.  I also created a node with a path rule, and it worked fine also.  I am not sure what is going on here, or how to help you.  If you change skins does the video node work correctly? If so, then the only thing I can think of is for you to send me a debug log of when you go into the node, to see if there is anything there that might give me a clue.

Finally, and my apologies for the question, are you sure you are going into the "Recently Added" custom video node that you created and not the default Kodi one? I ask because the names are the same.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano That's odd about the behavior, but yes. I created custom nodes for all of those keeping the same names.

I'll check another skin as well to see.
(2021-01-12, 18:33)Offsprin Wrote: @bsoriano That's odd about the behavior, but yes. I created custom nodes for all of those keeping the same names.

OK, it isn't specific to Amber so it's something with base Kodi which means I"ll go toss this over into the main forum. Sorry for causing some confusion/wasting your time Sad but thank you very much either way for the skin. Separate question, is there any way to separate the random background images for different nodes/libraries? Right now they're linked so if I look at a 4K Movies library, it's the same background image as the Movies one.
(2021-01-12, 19:04)Offsprin Wrote:
(2021-01-12, 18:33)Offsprin Wrote: @bsoriano That's odd about the behavior, but yes. I created custom nodes for all of those keeping the same names.

OK, it isn't specific to Amber so it's something with base Kodi which means I"ll go toss this over into the main forum. Sorry for causing some confusion/wasting your time Sad but thank you very much either way for the skin. Separate question, is there any way to separate the random background images for different nodes/libraries? Right now they're linked so if I look at a 4K Movies library, it's the same background image as the Movies one.

@Offsprin, no worries! And yes, you can set the background for a menu item which is a video node to "random video or music node fanart", and it should only show fanart for that node. If the menu item is a playlist, you can set the background to be the playlist.

Regards,

Bart
@Offsprin , were you able to get the backgrounds to show up as you wanted? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-02-01, 22:03)bsoriano Wrote: @Offsprin , were you able to get the backgrounds to show up as you wanted? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano sorry for the super late response, I meant to reply way, way earlier. I did have it working at one point, but the problem I was having then was that both libraries were showing the same background art, not different art like I expected. Now, however, I'm only getting black backgrounds and I have no idea what I did or why.
(2021-02-05, 14:16)Offsprin Wrote:
(2021-02-01, 22:03)bsoriano Wrote: @Offsprin , were you able to get the backgrounds to show up as you wanted? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano sorry for the super late response, I meant to reply way, way earlier. I did have it working at one point, but the problem I was having then was that both libraries were showing the same background art, not different art like I expected. Now, however, I'm only getting black backgrounds and I have no idea what I did or why.
@Offsprin , could you please PM me links to both of the xmls for your nodes, as well as your "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" file (it is in the skin's 1080i folder).  That way I can check your configuration and see if I can figure out what might be going awry.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-02-05, 17:48)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-05, 14:16)Offsprin Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

@Offsprin , could you please PM me links to both of the xmls for your nodes, as well as your "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" file (it is in the skin's 1080i folder).  That way I can check your configuration and see if I can figure out what might be going awry.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Sent. Link expires in a week, but since you're already online I don't think that'll be an issue.
@bsoriano not sure if you saw the previous post, so just wanted to tag you just in case.
@Offsprin , thank you for the files.  First of all, the background option you need to select for the nodes is "Random Video or Music Node Fanart", so that Amber will pull fanart from the node path only.  So it is this option, the same for all 4 nodes:

With that, the background configuration will look like this:

Now, some recommendations for having better results with video nodes:

1. Use the addon "Library Node Editor" to create your video nodes.  It really simplifies the work, and you can select to create a parent node based on Movies, or TV Shows, and it will create all the submenu items relevant to that type of content.

2. Use the addon "Skin Shortcuts - Add to Menu" to add your nodes to the main menu.  Again, this simplifies the work and you can choose to add the menu item with all the submenu items auto filled.

This addon is in the Kodi repo, under "Context Menu addons".  Once installed and enabled, to add your node, you would go to Videos, your node, and then bring up the context menu and choose "Add to Home Screen".  Like so:

And then choose to add as a new menu item, with the submenu items filled:

And then point it to the Titles item of the node (that way Amber will have a valid path to pull fanart from):

3. For nodes that have a lot of items (most likely your non-4K movies and tv show nodes have a lot of items), I recommend that you use Embuary Helper for the backgrounds, and that you limit the number of random fanart to show.  This is for two good reasons:

-- If you do not, most likely you will be waiting for a long time with a black background before the first fanart is shown.
   -- Embuary Helper will only show fanart for movies/tv shows that have fanart, and will skip over ones that do not.  This will ensure that you do not get black backgrounds if you have movies/tv shows without fanart

For example, I created a Non-4K Movies video node to test, and this is how I configured the backgrounds for this menu item:

And in my case, I have over 7,000 movies that are not 4K.  The backgrounds, the first time, are shown in about 8 seconds.  After that, they show up a lot faster.

My results look kind of like this:

4.  You might be experiencing that the "Recently Added" item in your nodes is not working properly.  If that is the case, I suggest that you create playlists of movies/tv shows ordered by dateadded, descending, limited to however many you choose, and that the path contains/does not contain the value you wish (I would guess 4K in your case).  Once you do, assing displaying the playlist as the action for the "Recently Added" submenu item for the node.

I hope all of this info is useful to you.  Please let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
@Offsprin , were you able to get this working like you wanted?

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-02-10, 23:12)bsoriano Wrote: @Offsprin , were you able to get this working like you wanted?

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano I actually missed your last post, so no I hadn't seen it until now. Not sure why that was, but I'll take a look at this and see what happens. Thanks!
@bsoriano this info is super awesome, thank you. I'm off all next week, so I'll definitely spend time redoing my config based on what you suggested. I was using the Library Node Editor, then manually tweaking from there using gedit and Notepad++, depending on which system I was on but I'll probably scrap what I've done thus far and just redo it using the things you outlined above, because it looks like it might actually be exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you, very much, once again.
(2021-02-11, 23:55)Offsprin Wrote: @bsoriano this info is super awesome, thank you. I'm off all next week, so I'll definitely spend time redoing my config based on what you suggested. I was using the Library Node Editor, then manually tweaking from there using gedit and Notepad++, depending on which system I was on but I'll probably scrap what I've done thus far and just redo it using the things you outlined above, because it looks like it might actually be exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you, very much, once again.
@Offsprin , you are very welcome.  Please let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently Added and In Progress not properly filtering since latest release (3.2.125)0