Screenshots from files as fanart/thumb
just found a hint at stackoverflow that you have to consume stdout and stderr from the resulting process otherwise ffmpeg may locks up. Added this to the latest build and a 8.6GB file worked for me
build is up i a few minutes
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Yes, it works fine now. How about improving the image quality by adding "-q:v 2"? Current default value looks like 6.
Working good at my end as well, I'm just hoping that your thinking about using this to generate extrathumbs Wink

I'm guessing that this will work for creating episode thumbs?
@kingkearney that would indeed be possible, but how should we "calculate" the thumb locations? if you want to have 10 extrathumbs, should we pick 10 "random locations" or should we split the whole movie into "same sized" chunks and take the thumbs there?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
With the "random locations" idea you might end up with opening or closing credits. The same "sized chunks" idea would work if you could ignore the first and last chunks. How about having an option to bring up a selection window so people can choose which of the generated images they want to use as extrathumbs.
@mlaggner , this is not working well for me yet (Windows 10).  The image is created in the temp directory, but it is not being set as the fanart for the movie.  I think there should be some visual indication (messages) that the operation is being done and when it is finished.  I understand you are starting with this, but I agree with the other user that mentioned to bring up a window with multiple captured images of around the interval selected, so that the user decides which to use as the fanart/thumb.

What additional information would you need from my side to troubleshoot? Please let me know so I will provide right away.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-11, 17:07)bsoriano Wrote: The image is created in the temp directory, but it is not being set as the fanart for the movie.

I think it only creates a thumb file. You will need to change the filename to fanart and update movie. Are you saying the command doesn't even create a thumb file?
(2021-01-12, 06:15)tars Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 17:07)bsoriano Wrote: The image is created in the temp directory, but it is not being set as the fanart for the movie.

I think it only creates a thumb file. You will need to change the filename to fanart and update movie. Are you saying the command doesn't even create a thumb file?
@tars , it does create the thumb file.  

@mlaggner , my hope for the future of this functionality is that it will set the created thumb as the fanart for the movie that you are editing, or as the thumb for the episode you are editing.  As mentioned before, ideally tmm would show you several stills of around the timeframe that you selected and let you choose which one to set as fanart/thumb.

Regards,

Bart
just a question to contributors here:

a) should the still generation be interactive (with some sort of user choice which still to use) or completely automatic (the still from the "location" in the settings will be used - even if it is _black_).
b) which "targets" should we use for the generation? thumb, extrathumb, fanart, extrafanart, ...?
(2021-01-13, 11:17)mlaggner Wrote: just a question to contributors here:

a) should the still generation be interactive (with some sort of user choice which still to use) or completely automatic (the still from the "location" in the settings will be used - even if it is _black_).
b) which "targets" should we use for the generation? thumb, extrathumb, fanart, extrafanart, ...?

@mlaggner, my preferences:

a) Interactive.
b) Thumb for episodes, fanart for movies

Regards,

Bart
Interactive would be nice.
For targets, the ffmpeg settings could show check boxes for various artwork to select, separately for movies and tv shows.
(2021-01-13, 13:06)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-13, 11:17)mlaggner Wrote: just a question to contributors here:

@mlaggner, my preferences:

a) Interactive.
b) Thumb for episodes, fanart for movies

Regards,

Bart

+1
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
just a short spoiler (because I find it really cool): I managed to create a meta artwork scraper for FFmpeg which creates several stills and shows them in the default image chooser:

I just need to finish all aspects of this idea before I can push it to the next nightly - stay tuned
(2021-01-13, 21:48)mlaggner Wrote: just a short spoiler (because I find it really cool): I managed to create a meta artwork scraper for FFmpeg which creates several stills and shows them in the default image chooser:

I just need to finish all aspects of this idea before I can push it to the next nightly - stay tuned

@mlaggner, wonderful! Thanks for continuing to work on this.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for improving the feature!

Found two bugs:
- If only fanart is checked and thumb is unchecked for movies, it doesn't create stills for fanart choosing window. If thumb is also checked, then it shows stills for fanart too.
- Both for movies and TV shows, it fails to create a copy of the chosen still image in temp folder into a fanart or thumb file with the following error:
Code:
ERROR [tmmpool-image-download-task-T2] o.t.c.tasks.MediaEntityImageFetcherTask:140 - fetch image file://C:\Users\my username\AppData\Local\Temp\tmm\ffmpeg-still.1610687146863.jpg - Illegal char <:> at index 2: /C:\Users\my username\AppData\Local\Temp\tmm\ffmpeg-still.1610687146863.jpg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screenshots from files as fanart/thumb0