Delete or disable movie database scraper
Hi,
How do I delete or disable Movie data base? The delete and disable buttons are not active.
Thanks,
Have you actually scraped anything into the library to make one yet?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-06-23, 19:03)DarrenHill Wrote: Have you actually scraped anything into the library to make one yet?

Hi, I can see I did not phrase the question correctly . I meant the add-on The Movie data base scraper.
Thanks,
(2019-06-26, 20:16)paparay Wrote: I meant the add-on The Movie data base scraper.

Deleting the "TheMovie Database" scraper? Why?
If you don't want to use it, simply don't select it as a scraper for your videos.
(2019-06-26, 20:16)paparay Wrote: Hi, I can see I did not phrase the question correctly . I meant the add-on The Movie data base scraper.
Thanks,
1st: This makes no sense, you will not save resources or storage space on deletion, and even less will have any negative effects on using or not using.
2nd: No, you can not uninstall it like other 3rd party addons because it is a dependency on kodi. 
3rd: Sure can delete the addon in the addons folder in the kodi installation folder, if and what happens you have to find out yourself.

The question is like how i can uninstall the adressbar in my browser or how i can uninstall the star menu in windows, cause i never need them... it's just part of the software, if needed or not.
(2019-06-26, 21:16)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-06-26, 20:16)paparay Wrote: I meant the add-on The Movie data base scraper.
Deleting the "TheMovie Database" scraper? Why?
If you don't want to use it, simply don't select it as a scraper for your videos.

As curious as it may seem, I do not seem to have a choice in if I want to use it or not: it's there as the TV series scraper (in addition to theTVDB) and I cannot disable it. The disable button is grayed out.
(2020-05-28, 18:58)ExTechOp Wrote: As curious as it may seem, I do not seem to have a choice in if I want to use it or not: it's there as the TV series scraper (in addition to theTVDB) and I cannot disable it. The disable button is grayed out.
You don't disable it. You either choose to use it or choose to use another scraper. To disable a scraper, you need to replace it with another one. If you don't want another one, then don't scrape and set Local Information Only as your scraper.

What is the issue whether a scraper is installed?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Just FYI... I came here looking for the same thing. The reason for me to want to disable it or remove it is because even when I chose the universal movie sracper in my source, kodi still uses the movie database to scrap my library when it does auto scan. But when I re-scan a movie manually, it uses the universal movie scraper.

(2020-05-28, 20:22)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-05-28, 18:58)ExTechOp Wrote: As curious as it may seem, I do not seem to have a choice in if I want to use it or not: it's there as the TV series scraper (in addition to theTVDB) and I cannot disable it. The disable button is grayed out.
You don't disable it. You either choose to use it or choose to use another scraper. To disable a scraper, you need to replace it with another one. If you don't want another one, then don't scrape and set Local Information Only as your scraper.

What is the issue whether a scraper is installed?
(2021-01-16, 19:43)Jaqo Wrote: because even when I chose the universal movie sracper in my source, kodi still uses the movie database to scrap my library when it does auto scan. But when I re-scan a movie manually, it uses the universal movie scraper.
That is not possible, which leads me to believe you have made a mistake in your setup or misunderstand what is actually happening.

Please provide a Debug Log which captures that issue you describe and I can tell you exactly what is happening.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I made a log but I cannot paste in https://paste.kodi.tv/ because it says it exceeds the max limit. I think maybe one of the subtitle add on making a problem I'll uninstall it and make another log. meanwhile if you have another place for pasting log, let me know
It is strange because I only noticed it when I arranged my movies by ratings then I noticed that the ratings are from the moviedb not from IMDB. I am using universal movies scraper and I configured it to get ratings from IMDB and the top 20 as well from IMDB. I have the configuration both in the movies resources folder reachable from videos > files and in the addon itself reachable from addon > my addon > all> universal movie scraper and to my surprise these two configurations can be different but maybe this is inteneded. however this isn't the issue here. so here is the steps that generates the same behaviour
1. I had in my library the movie called schneider's list so I will test on that one. so first I removed it from the library, I deactivated the auto scan from the library settings stated the logging and exist kodi then opened kodi again.
2. after kodi restarted I went to the my movies resources folder from videos > files and I right clicked on the movies resource and chose scan for new items
3. after a while the scan finished and the movie appeared in the movies section in kodi.
I selected the movie and pressed "i" button to open its info, the rating was from the movie db.
4. In the same info screen, I chose the circle arrow thingy that indicates to refresh / rescan the movie. I chose to rescan from the internet and ignore the saved info.
5. the movie is scanned with the correct ratting from the IMDB and the top 20 rating.

I'll post the debug log as soon I as figure out how to post this big log into pastebin. I have only made log for this part/these steps, I uninstalled the troubled addon with subtitles I am not sure why it is still too big about 6mb
screenshot of the settings of the addon configuration from the resources at video > files 
https://imgur.com/a/RafjcqO
https://imgur.com/bWszhQw

screenshot of the settings of the addon configuration from the addon menu
https://imgur.com/undefined
https://imgur.com/WY48D0G

the movie info after scrapped first time by right click on the movies resources folder and selecting scan for new content
https://imgur.com/iDcivLU

the movie info after scrapped first time by choosing the circle arrow
https://imgur.com/NpnPryc

now here is the strange part!

the log is too big because it has these lines for every movie and I have more than 4000 movies and music albums and I have like 200,000 music albums although I disabled scan at start up for both videos and music library

2021-01-17 17:14:14.547 T:13540   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[metadata.universal]: trying to load setting definitions from old format...
2021-01-17 17:14:14.550 T:13540   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[metadata.universal]: loading setting values
2021-01-17 17:14:14.557 T:13540   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[metadata.universal]: loading setting definitions
2021-01-17 17:14:46.172 T:13540   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'E:\<moviename>\' due to no change
2021-01-17 17:14:46.172 T:13540   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'E:\<albumname>\' due to no change

then it also has these lines for movies I have deleted since I first build my library until now! although I cleaned the library and they do not appear in any folder in my drive or anywhere in kodi

2021-01-17 17:15:22.810 T:13540 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:: Process directory 'E:\<moviename>\' does not exist - skipping scan.

this seems like my library database is completely messed up not sure why, because I have not done anything out of the ordinary routine of coping the movies to the resource folder and scan the library or deleting the movies from the resource folder and cleaning the library or the addon has a bug?
ok I tried to clean the log from all other addon logs and left the rest. I have other addons like the backup on and the extended info one those are making insanely amount of entries in the log when they run. In addition, the video making repetitive logs as mentioned in my previous post and I searched in google but not enough info on how to fix it. I could only see that it is kodi bug. 

I know it says to post the complete log only and this isn't possible because the log file keeps getting bigger the smallest one without cleaning was about 4 mb and still the pastebin won't save it.

so here it is I hope it is enough

https://paste.kodi.tv/oxuhubazeg.kodi
(2021-01-17, 18:06)Jaqo Wrote: and to my surprise these two configurations can be different but maybe this is inteneded.
Yes this is normal. You changed the default settings when you added the scraper to your Source.

I'll skip most of your comments and tell you what I see...

Line 2443 of your log- The first time you scrape Schindlers List. Kodi finds a NFO file. The contents of the NFO file are loaded into the library.
Then I assume you perform a Refresh...
Line 3102 - is the start of Schindlers List scrape. You can see it is using Universal Movie Scraper.
Line 3262 - You can clearly see that information from IMDB is being scraped for Schindlers List. You will see... ParseIMDBRatings, GetIMDBTOP250ById, etc

From what I can see, the problem may be what is in your NFO file. Either delete them or post the contents to Kodi Paste Site and I will check it.
My Signature
hey thank you very much for your reply. I deleted the nfo file and scraped the movie again and the result was good. I don't know why it is using the nfo because when I chose to scrap, I did it manually and it said there is local info and asks me if I want to scrap from the internet and I chose yes. I thought that option is for this purpose to ignore the nfo file, maybe that is not correct then?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delete or disable movie database scraper0