Broken flac encoder does NOT play flac files with pics attached
flac encoder does NOT play flac files with pics attached

Amazon Firestick:
kodi: 18.9
flac encoder: spiff - 2.0.6

I ripped my cd collection using flac. I also used easytag to attach albm covers

This few songs that I missed attaching files to, were imported into kodi and "music".

to verify this, I re-ripped one cd and created 2 directories. ne with pics and one without pics

I then placed those 2 directories into the MUSIC path, and went into.

the pics were not recognized

the no-pic version were all recognized and played

since this using the firestck, accessing the logs will ba a PITA
@RodMyers

All my FLAC music files have images attached. Most have discart, cover and back images so the issue you are experiencing cannot be the FLAC decoder.

Are you music files correctly tagged? Can you install MusicBrainz Picard and fully tag one or two albums with images and see if that works for you... https://picard.musicbrainz.org/

Failing that provide a Debug Log which captures you scanning your music files into the library. Read the Debug Log guide and should be easy to access the log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-01-19, 03:06)Karellen Wrote: @RodMyers

All my FLAC music files have images attached. Most have cover and back images so the issue you are experiencing cannot be the FLAC decoder.

Are you music files correctly tagged? Can you install MusicBrainz Picard and fully tag one or two albums with images and see if that works for you... https://picard.musicbrainz.org/

Failing that provide a Debug Log which captures you scanning your music files into the library. Read the Debug Log guide and should be easy to access the log.

looking at picard, and trying to get a debug log off of the firestick
(2021-01-19, 03:35)RodMyers Wrote: looking at picard,
Have a read of Section 4 for a quick rundown... https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging#Tagging

Be sure to make those two adjustments in settings 4.2 & 4.3
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Was able to get a debug.log

part 1 --> https://pastebin.com/nweZSJXM

part 2 --> https://pastebin.com/dKpWXxbD

funny thing, mp3 files are read, same access. while flac files are not
@RodMyers

Thanks. If you use Kodi Paste Site it will accommodate up to 15,000 lines and no need to split the log.

You seem to have a permissions issue accessing your files on your NFS server.

xml:
DEBUG: file nfs://192.168.1.9/mnt/Backup/01-WORK/multimedia/music/rods_music/Alphaville/1984 - Forever Young/07 - In The Mood.flac could not be opened for tag reading
DEBUG: ScanTags - No tag found for: nfs://192.168.1.9/mnt/Backup/01-WORK/multimedia/music/rods_music/Alphaville/1984 - Forever Young/07 - In The Mood.flac
INFO: CNFSFile::Open: Unable to open file : 'mnt/Backup/01-WORK/multimedia/music/rods_music/Alphaville/1984 - Forever Young/08 - Sounds Like A Melody.flac'
error : 'open call failed with "NFS: ACCESS denied. Required access r--. Allowed access ---"'
My Signature
(2021-01-19, 20:06)Karellen Wrote: @RodMyers

Thanks. If you use Kodi Paste Site it will accommodate up to 15,000 lines and no need to split the log.

You seem to have a permissions issue accessing your files on your NFS server.

xml:
DEBUG: file nfs://192.168.1.9/mnt/Backup/01-WORK/multimedia/music/rods_music/Alphaville/1984 - Forever Young/07 - In The Mood.flac could not be opened for tag reading
DEBUG: ScanTags - No tag found for: nfs://192.168.1.9/mnt/Backup/01-WORK/multimedia/music/rods_music/Alphaville/1984 - Forever Young/07 - In The Mood.flac
INFO: CNFSFile::Open: Unable to open file : 'mnt/Backup/01-WORK/multimedia/music/rods_music/Alphaville/1984 - Forever Young/08 - Sounds Like A Melody.flac'
error : 'open call failed with "NFS: ACCESS denied. Required access r--. Allowed access ---"'

Did not know the line length. the log file was over 4m in size.

weird since the permissions have not changed for the mp3 directory/files, and they are seen.

will mess with the NFS permissions on the NAS

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
flac encoder does NOT play flac files with pics attached0