• 33(current)
Release YouTube
Hello everyone. First of all give my congratulations to the developers of this sensational addon, I have been using it for years in my android TV devices, instead of youtube app.

Now, as everyone, I have discovered the problem with the "watch later" option. It seemst that no longer works in current versions, so my question is: is there any posibility that we can get this feature fixed in future versions, or is it completly impossible to solve?.

If there is no way to solve it, then I will start to use a custom folder instead of "Watch Later" special list to store the videos I like to watch...

I have seen some workarounds, the easiest one I think that is creating a custom playlist instead of watch later, but the problem is that I have more than 500 videos in watch later container, and I don´t see any way to move them all to a new custom playlist, any idea how to do it?... I have been searching and it seems that there was an option in the past, in youtube web, that let you move all videos from watch later to any other playlist, but now this option is missing. I have even tried to access with the polymer=1 option in the URL but still the option is not there.... any suggestion?...

Well, that´s all. Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards.
In the last 5 pages (maybe 10) you have everything written
Read posts with google takeout and playlist id...
(2021-01-17, 21:12)David7578 Wrote: In the last 5 pages (maybe 10) you have everything written
Read posts with google takeout and playlist id...

OK, I will search for the solution in the last pages. Thank you very much.

Best regards.
(2021-01-16, 01:39)FREDDIEF Wrote:
(2021-01-14, 01:31)jmh2002 Wrote: Yes, you need to have at least one Playlist of your own created for YouTube Takeout to show the Playlist option to select / tick for exporting.

And to create your own Playlists, first you need to create your Channel - just create it, no need to add anything there.

All the work plus the exporting can be done in a few minutes. But take your time if you are not familiar, and step by step it should still only take 10-15 minutes.

Post again here if you need more help Smile

Well, I got the watch later part working, (thanks to all guys explaining it in different ways so i could understand it) but i am unable to find a way to get the recommendations working.
What I think i need to do is:
1) find the playlist id for history
2) add it to the yt addon
3) it should work (?!?)

But in the account export of youtube there is no history playlist id to be found. What would be the next step to take?
It is strange, but it seems to be true. I have just tried to export the History, following the same steps as I did to export watch later playlist, and the export result is empty, no csv file with my history.... Any other way to get history working in the add on?

Anyway, I managed to get the watch later option using all your steps, it is working flawlessly.... I used the option to enter the ID in the settings, not editing the file, I think that it is more convinient, the ID is not so long to enter it in the setting.

Best regards and tanks again for this wonderful addon and your support.
It's someone here inside have seriously buffuring issue during this last 3 o 4 days using this addons ??

It's very strange because on my osmc setup i have about 90Mbps (during speedtest and my Pi2 it's connect by a Ethernet Cable directly to my router) and i can follow for hours and hours a live stream from twitch or other service but when i try to look a YT video using this addons all it's suffered by continues block and network buffering issue. I have tryed everythings:
- Whit Disabled or Enabled Mpeg-Dash
- Try to set a lover resolution.. before i also ever use 1080p but now also at LOWEST resolution all video it's stuttering and causing buffering.
- I have also tryed to disabled all wireless on my router and disconnected all other ethernet device on my router (and maintain connect only my Pi2) but it's not works... buffering over buffering.

I don't have idea how can really cause this issue.... it just seems to annoy youtube video playback.
It's possibly my API have a band limit from youtube ?? It's possible my ISP Huh Strange because from PC apparently all issue it's disappears. it seems as if youtube on my kodi fails to take advantage of the available bandwidth... it's possibly ? I'm going crazy to figure it out... please suggest somethings....
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
(2021-01-19, 21:13)DjDiabolik Wrote: It's someone here inside have seriously buffuring issue during this last 3 o 4 days using this addons ??

Yes, even using 360p I have noticed the same problem recently. I guess it's something on Google's side.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
I followed this guide to create an API key:
https://kodibeginner.com/setup-personal-...tube-kodi/

When I click Sign In in the YT add-on, go to google.com/device an input the code, I get this error:

"Error 403: access_denied
The developer hasn’t given you access to this app. It’s currently being tested and it hasn’t been verified by Google. If you think you should have access, contact the developer (my email address)."

Do I need to go back into the Google Cloud Console and tweak some setting that wasn't mentioned in the guide?
(2021-01-09, 20:11)tjay260476 Wrote: I have been spending over a month to get this working - It was ALL MY FAULT it wasn't working.....

I had added the unofficial repos, uninstalled, installed reinstalled the Youtube addon...

I also dabbled with a nightly libreelec instance...

I also re-created API keys...

I couldn't get my subscriptions to work, or not even see my own Youtube channel...

I found the solution, on the authorisation page I was picking the wrong account!! (you have two as a YouTube creator on that screen!!!!)

A month!!!! It's taken me A MONTH!!!!!!  I knew it was me that as at fault - when I'm reading 'Fantastic, I got my subscriptions back'!

Well, a month late to the party - thanks for the new update, I now finally have YouTube back on the projector... (A MONTH!!!! Stare Stare Stare )

So, if you have a YouTube channel - be mindful where you have kept your subscriptions!!!!!!!!!!
I've had the same problem - logged in to takeout with my main google account and not my youtube brand account (quick switching can be done under your profile pic in the upper right corner)
now only the history watchlist problem remains. No obvious solution (except the custom history playlist) available that can be shared across all devices under the same account?
(2021-01-20, 00:14)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-01-19, 21:13)DjDiabolik Wrote: It's someone here inside have seriously buffuring issue during this last 3 o 4 days using this addons ??

Yes, even using 360p I have noticed the same problem recently. I guess it's something on Google's side.

Inquired the same thing a couple of times without any answer.

If using the browser the issue disappear, like in my case and the other user as well, the problem lays in the API or in something in the add-on, but i wouldn't know if that is the case.
@ExGemini have you also tryed whit and whitout dash enabled ? For example today i have watch different video at 720p whit dash enabled whitout any issue.......... maybe google has bandwidth problems for some server only ? Or to some state ?
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
(2021-01-23, 04:01)DjDiabolik Wrote: @ExGemini have you also tryed whit and whitout dash enabled ? For example today i have watch different video at 720p whit dash enabled whitout any issue.......... maybe google has bandwidth problems for some server only ? Or to some state ?

I did, but without any difference.
But outside kodi, with browser, all smooth, no buffering issues.
(2021-01-23, 19:15)ExGemini Wrote:
(2021-01-23, 04:01)DjDiabolik Wrote: @ExGemini have you also tryed whit and whitout dash enabled ? For example today i have watch different video at 720p whit dash enabled whitout any issue.......... maybe google has bandwidth problems for some server only ? Or to some state ?

I did, but without any difference.
But outside kodi, with browser, all smooth, no buffering issues.

Was the same for me, then it magically disappeared yesterday, so try it again if you haven't, may have been some internal issue at youtube.
This one video won't play on the YouTube Addon 6.8.9 stable. I get a pop-up saying to check logs.

Jupiter 2 --Tour of The Solar System

Addon Version: 6.8.9 stable
2 Intel NUCs running Libreelec 9.2.6 (Kodi 18.9)
1 Windows 10 Desktop running Kodi 19.0 RC1
(2021-01-25, 15:13)blueribb Wrote: This one video won't play on the YouTube Addon 6.8.9 stable. I get a pop-up saying to check logs.

I clicked that link, added the video to my Watch Later, went to Kodi, and it plays normally without any issues.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-01-25, 20:22)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 15:13)blueribb Wrote: This one video won't play on the YouTube Addon 6.8.9 stable. I get a pop-up saying to check logs.

I clicked that link, added the video to my Watch Later, went to Kodi, and it plays normally without any issues.
I did the same as you and it still won't play on all my machines running Kodi. The video does play OK for me in a Windows browser.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0