Font related question
i was experimenting with fonts a little and found one that i'd really like to  have for the main menu. trouble is the font is a lot bigger/wider than the default font so the main menu items are much closer together, to close for may taste, and the menu bar looks really crowded

so my question now is if there is any way to increase the "gap" between the main menu items in the bar. so that they are all farther apart. possible?

also i would like to change the font of the time and date in the title bar. i know it's somehow linked to the "detail" font but i'd like to link it to a different one. in which xml file can i find the titlebar time and date? can't seem to find it.
Linux Elementary, Kodi 19.4, Lastest Amber Skin
Android TV 11, Kodi 20.2, Latest Amber Skin
(2021-01-24, 00:13)billyrene Wrote: i was experimenting with fonts a little and found one that i'd really like to  have for the main menu. trouble is the font is a lot bigger/wider than the default font so the main menu items are much closer together, to close for may taste, and the menu bar looks really crowded

so my question now is if there is any way to increase the "gap" between the main menu items in the bar. so that they are all farther apart. possible?

also i would like to change the font of the time and date in the title bar. i know it's somehow linked to the "detail" font but i'd like to link it to a different one. in which xml file can i find the titlebar time and date? can't seem to find it.
@billyrene , you can increase the gap by going to the xml file "Includes_Horizontal_Home.xml" and find the following code (around line 64):

xml:

<!-- Main menu content -->
            <control type="fixedlist" id="300" description="Main Bar">
                <animation effect="fade" time="200" start="100" end="25" reversible="true" condition="!Control.HasFocus(300)">Conditional</animation>
                <posx>-338</posx>
                <posy>689</posy>
                <width>3069</width>
                <height>225</height>
                <onleft>300</onleft>
                <onright>300</onright>
                <ondown>9001</ondown>
                <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Hide.AllShelves)">skinshortcuts-template-ShelfOnUpMainMenu</include>
                <pagecontrol></pagecontrol>
                <focusposition>2</focusposition>
                <orientation>horizontal</orientation>
                <itemlayout height="70" width="519">
                    <control type="label">
                        <width>519</width>
                        <textcolor>$VAR[LabelTextColor]</textcolor>
                        <shadowcolor>ShadowDark</shadowcolor>
                        <height>70</height>
                        <align>center</align>
                        <aligny>top</aligny>
                        <textoffsety>2</textoffsety>
                        <scroll>false</scroll>
                        <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
                        <font>MainMenu</font>
                    </control>
                </itemlayout>
                <focusedlayout height="70" width="519">
                    <control type="label">
                        <width>519</width>
                        <textcolor>$VAR[HighlightColor]</textcolor>
                        <shadowcolor>ShadowDark</shadowcolor>
                        <height>70</height>
                        <align>center</align>
                        <aligny>top</aligny>
                        <textoffsety>2</textoffsety>
                        <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
                        <font>MainMenu</font>
                    </control>
                </focusedlayout>
                <content>
                    <include>skinshortcuts-mainmenu</include>
                </content>
            </control>

That is the main menu control, a fixed list with id=300.  To increase the gap, you need to change the width that appears for the "itemlayout" and "focusedlayout".  If you see in the code, the current width for both is 519.  You would need to replace that with a larger number.  You will most likely also need to increase the width of the label control that appears in the itemlayout and focusedlayout.

As for the font of the date and time, those labels appear in an include named "Time" in the file "Includes.xml".  It starts around line 319.  The label controls for weather and time/date start around lines 432 and 444, respectively.

Please let me know if this is the info you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-26, 23:43)bsoriano Wrote: That is the main menu control, a fixed list with id=300.  To increase the gap, you need to change the width that appears for the "itemlayout" and "focusedlayout".  If you see in the code, the current width for both is 519.  You would need to replace that with a larger number.  You will most likely also need to increase the width of the label control that appears in the itemlayout and focusedlayout.
you were right. i had to replace the width of  "itemlayout" and "focusedlayout" as well as the width of the label control that appears in the itemlayout and focusedlayout to make it look alright. but then ran into another trouble as you can see in the picture below

the focus got shifted way to the right. messed around with it a little and then figured out i also have to adjust  the <posx>-338</posx> value from row 67. -338 being the regular value. decrease this value eg. -700 and the focus shifts more the the left. increase value eg. -200 and focus shifts more to the right, just in case someone tries this too. had to adjust accordingly and it worked out perfect in the end

(2021-01-26, 23:43)bsoriano Wrote: As for the font of the date and time, those labels appear in an include named "Time" in the file "Includes.xml".  It starts around line 319.  The label controls for weather and time/date start around lines 432 and 444, respectively.
also found this and worked out nicely

(2021-01-26, 23:43)bsoriano Wrote: Please let me know if this is the info you were looking for.  Thanks.
yes everything worked out perfectly. thanks a thousand times i am so greatful
Linux Elementary, Kodi 19.4, Lastest Amber Skin
Android TV 11, Kodi 20.2, Latest Amber Skin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Font related question0