New Media Views & Fadetime
Under skin settings/media view, there is a setting for Use New Media Views Selector. When setting to Yes, it shows Missing Add-on, No Information Available. Which add-on is missing?

When using Artist Slideshow, it appears that the fadetime is set to 10000 (I think default is 400). I changed it manually in MusicVisualization but was wondering if there is a setting for it that I couldn’t find?
(2021-01-25, 16:46)Ingme Wrote: Under skin settings/media view, there is a setting for Use New Media Views Selector. When setting to Yes, it shows Missing Add-on, No Information Available. Which add-on is missing?

When using Artist Slideshow, it appears that the fadetime is set to 10000 (I think default is 400). I changed it manually in MusicVisualization but was wondering if there is a setting for it that I couldn’t find?
@Ingme , the missing addon is script.skinvariables.  You can get a recent version (the one in the Kodi repo is too old) from https://github.com/jurialmunkey/script.skinvariables . The master branch is for Leia, and there is a Matrix branch as well.

As for the fadetime, I have not made that configurable for Artist Slideshow fanart.  What value did you change it to, and what values do you think are appropriate as options? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-25, 21:09)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 16:46)Ingme Wrote: Under skin settings/media view, there is a setting for Use New Media Views Selector. When setting to Yes, it shows Missing Add-on, No Information Available. Which add-on is missing?

@Ingme , the missing addon is script.skinvariables.  You can get a recent version (the one in the Kodi repo is too old) from https://github.com/jurialmunkey/script.skinvariables . The master branch is for Leia, and there is a Matrix branch as well.

As for the fadetime, I have not made that configurable for Artist Slideshow fanart.  What value did you change it to, and what values do you think are appropriate as options? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Now works with that add-on, thanks.

Fadetime: If there isn’t a setting for it now, I’m not sure it’s worth the time adding an option to change it. I didn’t notice anyone else wanting to change it and I didn’t see that option in other skins so a default value is probably sufficient. But Amber’s default time is 10000 (10 sec) which is a bit long. The Artist Slideshow Wiki example uses 400  but I have seen a couple of other skins go as high as 600 or 900 (I quickly used 800 but it’s really just personal preference).
(2021-01-25, 22:02)Ingme Wrote:
(2021-01-25, 21:09)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Now works with that add-on, thanks.

Fadetime: If there isn’t a setting for it now, I’m not sure it’s worth the time adding an option to change it. I didn’t notice anyone else wanting to change it and I didn’t see that option in other skins so a default value is probably sufficient. But Amber’s default time is 10000 (10 sec) which is a bit long. The Artist Slideshow Wiki example uses 400  but I have seen a couple of other skins go as high as 600 or 900 (I quickly used 800 but it’s really just personal preference).
@Ingme , thanks for the additional feedback.  You are correct about the fadetime being very long, I had not noticed since I do not listen to music that much with Kodi.  I went ahead and set it at 800 now.  The changes are on GitHub only at this time.

Regards,

Bart

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Media Views & Fadetime0