• 47(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
Coreelec 9.2.5 The plugin produces a bunch of errors when scrolling the widgets ans attempting to use trakt lists. 
Here's the log https://paste.kodi.tv/obejaqebew
Have already read this and that threads, but the solution wont work for me as it returns tons of errors meaning it cant downgrade to older numpy module.
would be thankful for any suggestions
(2021-01-25, 23:03)Patkino Wrote: Coreelec 9.2.5 The plugin produces a bunch of errors when scrolling the widgets ans attempting to use trakt lists. 
Here's the log https://paste.kodi.tv/obejaqebew
Have already read this and that threads, but the solution wont work for me as it returns tons of errors meaning it cant downgrade to older numpy module.
would be thankful for any suggestions
Your log contains reference to a banned repo. You will have to remove the banned repo and any banned addons before anyone can help.  The mods will likely be along later to delete your post, so you might want to go ahead and edit it to remove the link to the log.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_ru...ed_add-ons
(2021-01-26, 07:02)pkscout Wrote: Your log contains reference to a banned repo.
Git it, my bad, but my account doesn't have enough privileges to edit my post
Here's the new log. Same errors when scrolling the widgets and accessing trakt. Downgrading numpy module wouldnt work.
(2021-01-26, 10:18)Patkino Wrote: Here's the new log. Same errors when scrolling the widgets and accessing trakt. Downgrading numpy module wouldnt work.
You have more problems than just themoviedb helper. It looks like you've got a larger set of problems with the skin helper service.  Honestly, I'd suggest you uninstall Kodi, all the addons, and the settings (back them up first), and reinstall from scratch, but without any of the banned addons or repos. It's hard to say if one of those banned repos didn't do something bad to your setup.
(2021-01-26, 18:26)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-01-26, 10:18)Patkino Wrote: Here's the new log. Same errors when scrolling the widgets and accessing trakt. Downgrading numpy module wouldnt work.
You have more problems than just themoviedb helper. It looks like you've got a larger set of problems with the skin helper service.  Honestly, I'd suggest you uninstall Kodi, all the addons, and the settings (back them up first), and reinstall from scratch, but without any of the banned addons or repos. It's hard to say if one of those banned repos didn't do something bad to your setup.
Allready did that. No more skin helper services.
The only errors I get are related to themoviedb
"Error with traceback, UnicodeEncodeError: ascii can't encode..."
They are reproduced when scrolling tvshows or using trakt lists.
By the way - the addon works perfectly well, not counting error messages, which are very annoying
Hi,

I'm having a strange problem and wanted to see if anyone else seen it, or even has a solution. I have two PI's with Libreelec setup and TMDB Helper 4.2.10. On both I have added the same OMDB API Key (which is working fine, I tried it via Browser), but I do receive in TMDB Helper Connection Error Messages (to OMDB API) so I'm not able to see some of the ratings. This is a snippet of the relevant log line, there's nothing more above or below that regarding this issue:

Code:
2021-01-28 14:52:30.282 T:1786553216  NOTICE: LoadJpeg: unable to load special://skin/extras/backgrounds/mountains3.jpg
2021-01-28 14:53:30.965 T:1583313792  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.1.3: scheduler enabled, finding next run time
2021-01-28 14:53:30.970 T:1583313792  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.1.3: scheduler will run again on 01-30-2021 03:00
2021-01-28 14:54:00.954 T:966783872  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='www.omdbapi.com', port=80): Read timed out. (read timeout=10)
                                            Suppressing retries for 1 minute

Naturally I would assume something is blocked/requests are not getting answered in time but I can query the api properly from both machines with a quick test:
Code:
Libreelec:~ # curl 'http://www.omdbapi.com/?i=tt3896198&apikey=myapikey'
{"Title":"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2","Year":"2017","Rated":"PG-13","Released":"05 May 2017","Runtime":"136 min","Genre":"Action, Adventure, Comedy, Sci-Fi","Director":"James Gunn ..."
Additionally using ping to reach the host doesn't show anything unusual (response time wise).

Hitting the 1000 req/day limit should also be out of the question because I can query the api and receive information back (as seen above). I'm using the same with metadatautils and Arctic Horizon, no problems there.

Any idea? Would be appreciated.
Hi amazing addon

I want to display list of images of movies that cast member starred in without needing extendedinfo.

I see there is an info list option. How to make it show movie posters

Thanks in advance

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=stars_in_movies&type=person&query=$INFO[ListItem.Label]
(2021-01-04, 17:32)janweinreich Wrote:
(2021-01-04, 01:58)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2021-01-02, 20:07)janweinreich Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey firstly thanks for your amazing work.

So i'm getting an error that I hadn't noticed before, haven't done anything to my install besides addons being auto-updated.

Full log file below, should I try a clean install of tmdbh or maybe this is actually a bug?

https://paste.kodi.tv/tihejinanu.kodi
Can you try latest version from github. I think the version that went to repo had a small bug with seasons that is fixed on latest master.

Can't at the moment, the lady is on a binge frenzy lol.
Error hasn't shown up anymore on 4.1.5 tho, weird.

On another subject, I noticed that the widgets use moviegenreicons.transparent icon pack which is missing several icons for tmdb categories, do you think it's possible we could get the attention from the authors of this pack and beg for an update?
I know it's minor but totally triggers my OCD when the lady says "why are these icons missing?? My apple TV is better"  Rofl

Movies: "TV Movie"
Series: "Action & Adventure" "News" "Reality" "Sci-Fi & Fantasy" "Soap" "Talk" "War & Politics"

Hey, apologies for the slow reply. Looks like DjCisco and Ronie are the maintainers, so you would need to speak with them.

Github repo looks to be here:
https://github.com/DjCisco/resource.imag...ransparent

Also if you download the repo you'll notice that in the resources folder all the genre icons are just pngs with the name. All you need to do is download the repo and add an icon with the name of the missing genre. Then you use Texture Tool to compress into a Textures.xbt and replace the one in the resource.images.moviegenreicons.transparent addon folder.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2021-01-04, 17:48)extremeaudio Wrote:
(2021-01-04, 01:48)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2021-01-02, 15:14)extremeaudio Wrote:  
The context menu option is just a one time thing. If you want to monitor the list for new changes you need to add it in the tmdbhelper settings under the library update section.

If it isn't your own list, you can get it in the settings by first liking the list on Trakt (settings allows you to add your own lists or lists you have liked)

Oh, just saw that section, that's excellent!  So does it update only at the fixed time, or can it be set to auto update every time kodi starts? Right now I tried setting a time at which TMDB should check with Trakt for an update to 9 am. But when I switched on my box at 905 am, it seems to have skipped the scheduled update. Guess kodi needs to be running at the time of the scheduled update. A manual "update library now" fetched the missing titles from the list just fine.

Sorry for the delayed response - work has been busy last few weeks.

If you missed the auto update, it should run on next startup. Note however that there is a delay of about 10-15 minutes before it starts - delay is basically to give Kodi a breather to start all its required services before starting all the network and disk activity that happens with an update.
(2021-01-09, 15:12)extremeaudio Wrote:
(2021-01-04, 17:48)extremeaudio Wrote:
(2021-01-04, 01:48)jurialmunkey Wrote:
Oh, just saw that section, that's excellent!  So does it update only at the fixed time, or can it be set to auto update every time kodi starts? Right now I tried setting a time at which TMDB should check with Trakt for an update to 9 am. But when I switched on my box at 905 am, it seems to have skipped the scheduled update. Guess kodi needs to be running at the time of the scheduled update. A manual "update library now" fetched the missing titles from the list just fine.

Any help with this? It seems like I have to manually trigger an update most of the times!

Another thing I noticed; I have created a list which keeps getting updated on trakt when new movies are released. But when I go into this list from tmdb helper it does not sort it by recently added until I choose the "browse sorted list" option, select "date added" and view it. Is there a way to make this default?

Trakt API returns a "X-Sort-By" header which TMDbH uses to determine how to sort the list (the sorting from context menu overrides this header). This sort header matches the list's default sort method. However, you can't change default sort if you aren't the owner of a list (you can only change applied sorting on the website if it is just a liked list).

If you own the list, you can change sorting by opening the list on the trakt website. Click the pencil "edit" icon and change the default sort for the list. Note that changing the sorting directly on the list doesn't change the default sort, you need to click the edit list icon to change it.
(2021-01-19, 18:13)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey , happy new year!

Did something change with the "library_nextaired" function? Does it use trakt only now? Also, how do I get the tv station (network) that the episode is airing in? Before I used ListItem.Property(Studio.1.Name), but now it seems that returns the production company for the tv show, not the tv station that the show airs in.  By the way, I could not find in the wiki the documentation regarding the "library_nextaired" function.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Sorry for the slow reply - work has been so busy last few weeks.

I think library_nextaired always relied on Trakt for the calendar data as far as I remember (but I could be wrong). The actual end data about the item comes from TMDb, but the data used to determine the calendar range comes from Trakt. You don't need a Trakt account though - I use their standard release calendar.

What specific documentation are you looking for on library_nextaired? It should work the same as it has always.

Yeah I've noticed the networks/studios being mixed together for tvshows recently. I think I mucked something up with the data mapping for those after the v4 updates. I'll try and get it fixed soon!

These errors have absolutely nothing to do with NumPy. There is literally no mention of NumPy in your log and these errors very clearly state that they are UnicodeDecodeErrors. Please don't follow random instructions on the internet if you don't understand the error message.

These errors are related to decoding of Cyrillic characters in date names. Please download latest version of TMDbH from github as the error should be fixed in v4.2.13
(2021-01-28, 18:04)D-m-x Wrote: Hi,

I'm having a strange problem and wanted to see if anyone else seen it, or even has a solution. I have two PI's with Libreelec setup and TMDB Helper 4.2.10. On both I have added the same OMDB API Key (which is working fine, I tried it via Browser), but I do receive in TMDB Helper Connection Error Messages (to OMDB API) so I'm not able to see some of the ratings. This is a snippet of the relevant log line, there's nothing more above or below that regarding this issue:

Code:
2021-01-28 14:52:30.282 T:1786553216  NOTICE: LoadJpeg: unable to load special://skin/extras/backgrounds/mountains3.jpg
2021-01-28 14:53:30.965 T:1583313792  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.1.3: scheduler enabled, finding next run time
2021-01-28 14:53:30.970 T:1583313792  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.1.3: scheduler will run again on 01-30-2021 03:00
2021-01-28 14:54:00.954 T:966783872  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='www.omdbapi.com', port=80): Read timed out. (read timeout=10)
                                            Suppressing retries for 1 minute

Naturally I would assume something is blocked/requests are not getting answered in time but I can query the api properly from both machines with a quick test:
Code:
Libreelec:~ # curl 'http://www.omdbapi.com/?i=tt3896198&apikey=myapikey'
{"Title":"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2","Year":"2017","Rated":"PG-13","Released":"05 May 2017","Runtime":"136 min","Genre":"Action, Adventure, Comedy, Sci-Fi","Director":"James Gunn ..."
Additionally using ping to reach the host doesn't show anything unusual (response time wise).

Hitting the 1000 req/day limit should also be out of the question because I can query the api and receive information back (as seen above). I'm using the same with metadatautils and Arctic Horizon, no problems there.

Any idea? Would be appreciated.

So basically TMDbH suppresses retries to an API server for 60 seconds if it encounters connection issues. The suppression happens under one of three circumstances: (1) we get a 429 "Too Many Requests" response; (2) we get a 500 "Internal Server Error" response; or (3) the request times out after 10 seconds (which is what is happening here).

The main reason I suppress retries (rather than just dropping that specific request) is because generally these scenarios are ongoing and if we keep retrying with requests we just hold everything up but ultimately end up with the same result (no data because no response).

For (1), if we keep making requests we just extend the rate limit cooldown period, so it is better to stop and let it cool-off.
For (2), if the server is down, the server is down - hammering it with retries isn't going to make it come back up faster.

For the situation here (3 - timeout), I force the cooldown not because it is necessary but because if the server is slow it is generally better to load what we have rather than holding everything up because of network congestion. FYI - the timeout only happens with server/network congestion - you'd get a 400 unauthorised error if it was due to hitting the request limit (or your api key was wrong).

The call from TMDbH asks for a lot more data than the basic standard call, so it is very possible that although the server is able to serve the simple request fast, there might be database congestion which makes serving the more complex response slower
'http://www.omdbapi.com/?i={imdb}&t={title}&y={year}&plot=full&tomatoes=True&r=xml&apikey={apikey}'

I have noticed in the past few weeks that there has been some timeout issues with OMDb. I could be less aggressive about suppression for timeouts as sometimes it is just a one off where only one particular request is slow. But I also figure for something as small as OMDb which doesn't have heaps of resources it is nicer to suppress requests and it give it breather rather than bombarding a clearly struggling server with even more requests - plus the suppression is only a minute, so its not like it is a long time to wait.
(2021-01-29, 03:27)the_bo Wrote: Hi amazing addon

I want to display list of images of movies that cast member starred in without needing extendedinfo.

I see there is an info list option. How to make it show movie posters

Thanks in advance

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=stars_in_movies&type=person&query=$INFO[ListItem.Label]

ListItem.Art(poster)
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2