Android Having issues with menu popup with game controller
Sad 
I bought my kid some knock off classic video game usb controllers for retro gaming . They work fine off kodi and threw the kodi menus but when I try to play any game from video game archive (zach morris) and press any button besides analog controls the game menu pops up. I can not find any info online about this and am confused how to fix the issue.
(2019-12-21, 00:41)Jgrizzly Wrote: I bought my kid some knock off classic video game usb controllers for retro gaming . They work fine off kodi and threw the kodi menus but when I try to play any game from video game archive (zach morris) and press any button besides analog controls the game menu pops up. I can not find any info online about this and am confused how to fix the issue.

Hello I’m having the same problem a year on...I too cannot find anything on this issue at all, your post is the only related piece of info I found on the issue!?

Did you ever sort this issue??
(2019-12-21, 00:41)Jgrizzly Wrote: I bought my kid some knock off classic video game usb controllers for retro gaming . They work fine off kodi and threw the kodi menus but when I try to play any game from video game archive (zach morris) and press any button besides analog controls the game menu pops up. I can not find any info online about this and am confused how to fix the issue.

I'm having this exact issue as well.  I'm running Kodi 18.9 on a TX 5 Pro Android TV box with NES USB controllers.  Everything else works perfectly except for the controllers.  I know the controllers are okay since I hooked them up to Windows 7 running the same version of Kodi and they work fine.  I would love for all this to work.  Does anyone have any input on this issue?  I would be most appreciative of any insight.

Thank you!
Hello everyone
Having the same issue, any button pressed (previously mapped in Kodi settings menu, and in game menu), takes me to game menu (the one with "Play-pause", etc.). Tried and mapped with every controller installed (Nes, PS, etc)
Please anyone having a solution for this? It´s really annoying.
Thanks in advance
(2021-01-31, 15:04)raspia Wrote: Hello everyone
Having the same issue, any button pressed (previously mapped in Kodi settings menu, and in game menu), takes me to game menu (the one with "Play-pause", etc.). Tried and mapped with every controller installed (Nes, PS, etc)
Please anyone having a solution for this? It´s really annoying.
Thanks in advance
I have the same problem with my controller someone have solution?
Do any of you have a debug log showing when the controls triggering the menu? I think that would show which button(s) are causing it to trigger.
(2021-04-07, 19:39)zachmorris Wrote: Do any of you have a debug log showing when the controls triggering the menu? I think that would show which button(s) are causing it to trigger.
Thanks.
How do I make the debug log you need?
(2021-04-08, 19:28)Yefet Wrote:
(2021-04-07, 19:39)zachmorris Wrote: Do any of you have a debug log showing when the controls triggering the menu? I think that would show which button(s) are causing it to trigger.
Thanks.

1) Enable debug logging
2) Recreate the issue with debug logging on
3) Manually upload or copy/paste the log to pastebin/hastebin or similar site.
or
3) Alternatively, there's an official addon that will upload your log for you and provide you the link.
(2021-04-08, 21:22)zachmorris Wrote:
(2021-04-08, 19:28)Yefet Wrote:
Thanks.

1) Enable debug logging
or
3) Alternatively, there's an official addon that will upload your log for you and provide you the link.

https://paste.kodi.tv/anamuqazud
I pressed all the buttons on my controller. Hope you can find the problem. Thanks.
(2021-04-09, 06:46)Yefet Wrote:
(2021-04-08, 21:22)zachmorris Wrote:
(2021-04-08, 19:28)Yefet Wrote: Thanks.

1) Enable debug logging
or

https://paste.kodi.tv/anamuqazud
I pressed all the buttons on my controller. Hope you can find the problem. Thanks.

The controller appears to be handled as a keyboard:
xml:

2021-04-09 07:44:05.580 T:13309 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x17, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
2021-04-09 07:44:05.714 T:13309 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
2021-04-09 07:44:05.714 T:13309 DEBUG: HandleKey: return (0xf00d) pressed, action is OSD
2021-04-09 07:44:05.714 T:13309 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (GameOSD.xml) ------
2021-04-09 07:44:05.718 T:13309 DEBUG: PERIPHERALS: Event poll handle deactivated

And it looks like every time you hit a button it's registering both a keyboard entry and a button entry, the latter is ignored:
xml:

2021-04-09 07:42:49.446 T:13309 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x13, sym: 0x0111, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
2021-04-09 07:42:49.447 T:13309 DEBUG: HandleKey: up (0xf080) pressed, action is Up
2021-04-09 07:42:49.572 T:13307 WARNING: CPeripheralBusAndroid: ignoring input event for unknown input device with ID 4
2021-04-09 07:42:49.644 T:13309 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.

I'm not an expert, but I'd guess it's Android doing something wonky. Not sure if there are settings in the Android OS you can change for how the controller is handled or not. The only other thing you might be able to try is in Kodi settings>System>Input>Driver Settings>Joystick Driver you could try changing that to something else like udev and see if it handles the controller better.
Sad 
Same issue here with my Android tv. I have to diferents usb gamepads and when I press any button ingame show me game menu popup and I can't play.

There is no solution for this issue??
Hi!

Did you resolver this issue Huh
The problem is that Android sends double input - both button presses and keyboard presses. The keyboard press is what triggers the dialog, as keyboard input doesn't work in controller games yet.

I don't think there's a way to fully disable keyboard input in Kodi, but such a feature could possibly fix this problem. I think it's worth opening a feature request for disabling keyboard input, unless an Android workaround can be found.
Hello,

I have same issue, i searching for a while and several user suffers from the same issue, and did not found any solution.

Any idea how can i solve this?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having issues with menu popup with game controller0