EPG TV Guide display infomation text help
hi im trying to understand which file an where the TV Guide screen and info come from. but not sure where to start? could someone please give me push in right direction to which file/s build up the
tv guide screen and where does the guide text come from?

eg in screenshot below
1) what file builds this screen
2) on top of screen where, how does the info/text get read in an then displayed? eg i'm a celeb... - game show -
thanks
(2021-01-29, 06:19)sab28 Wrote: hi im trying to understand which file an where the TV Guide screen and info come from. but not sure where to start? could someone please give me push in right direction to which file/s build up the

eg in screenshot below
2) on top of screen where, how does the info/text get read in an then displayed? eg i'm a celeb... - game show -
thanks
@sab28 , the file for the epg is MyPVRGuide.xml, which is in the skin's 1080i folder.  In it there is a reference to "EPGTimelineView", and you can find that in the file "View_PVR.xml", also in the skin's 1080i folder.  The actual epg control is in View_PVR.xml, it starts around line 183, and the information at the top is in MyPVRGuide.xml, it starts around line 15.  Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-30, 15:18)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-29, 06:19)sab28 Wrote: hi im trying to understand which file an where the TV Guide screen and info come from. but not sure where to start? could someone please give me push in right direction to which file/s build up the

eg in screenshot below
thanks
@sab28 , the file for the epg is MyPVRGuide.xml, which is in the skin's 1080i folder.  In it there is a reference to "EPGTimelineView", and you can find that in the file "View_PVR.xml", also in the skin's 1080i folder.  The actual epg control is in View_PVR.xml, it starts around line 183, and the information at the top is in MyPVRGuide.xml, it starts around line 15.  Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

thank you. Smile
sorry to ask here know this was only about the epg stuff but by any chance can you let me know if im on the right path?
looking to create a new "view" want to base it off the "Big List"
i think i need to edit the
Includes.xml
Include_List.xml
MyVideoNav.xml
and create a new file called
View_288_WideList.xml based of the View_52_BigList.mxl
all i want to do is have a new item called "Wide List"
this will then display like biglist but it will fill the screen with a list, so remove all images an just be rows of text
eg
Folder
Folder1
file.txt
this is a very big file name that goes across the screen but doesn't get cut of until the end of the screen.mpg

not sure if that makes sense?
thanks
(2021-01-31, 08:12)sab28 Wrote: sorry to ask here know this was only about the epg stuff but by any chance can you let me know if im on the right path?
Includes.xml
Include_List.xml
MyVideoNav.xml
this will then display like biglist but it will fill the screen with a list, so remove all images an just be rows of text
eg
Folder
Folder1
file.txt
this is a very big file name that goes across the screen but doesn't get cut of until the end of the screen.mpg

thanks

@sab28, if I understand correctly, you want a view like Simple List, but with just one column of items that can take up to the whole width of the screen? If that is the case, I can add this as an option for Simple List. Please confirm. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-31, 18:26)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-31, 08:12)sab28 Wrote: sorry to ask here know this was only about the epg stuff but by any chance can you let me know if im on the right path?
Includes.xml
Include_List.xml
MyVideoNav.xml
eg
Folder
Folder1
file.txt

thanks

@sab28, if I understand correctly, you want a view like Simple List, but with just one column of items that can take up to the whole width of the screen? If that is the case, I can add this as an option for Simple List. Please confirm. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
yes, 1 column(full width of screen) that sounds perfect. Smile
if you can add as option that would be great(still love to see how you do it) but would be way quicker to look at what/how is done by someone that knows what they are doing instead of lots an lots an lots of trial an lots an lots of error Smile
thank you again Smile
(2021-02-01, 03:09)sab28 Wrote:
(2021-01-31, 18:26)bsoriano Wrote:
Includes.xml
Include_List.xml
MyVideoNav.xml
eg
Folder
Folder1
file.txt

thanks

Regards,

Bart
if you can add as option that would be great(still love to see how you do it) but would be way quicker to look at what/how is done by someone that knows what they are doing instead of lots an lots an lots of trial an lots an lots of error Smile
thank you again Smile
@sab28 , if you are willing to test from GitHub, the changes are already there in the master branch of the skin (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber).  You will find the new setting here:

And the result of enabling it is this:

With the setting active, the list uses almost all of the width of the screen.  Please be aware that the skin will reload when you activate or deactivate this setting, since I am changing the width and position of the list.  Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

By the way, the changes are in Includes.xml, Includes_List.xml, Includes_Media.xml, and View_57_SimpleList.xml.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-02-01, 19:10)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-01, 03:09)sab28 Wrote:
(2021-01-31, 18:26)bsoriano Wrote: @sab28, if I understand correctly, you want a view like Simple List, but with just one column of items that can take up to the whole width of the screen? If that is the case, I can add this as an option for Simple List. Please confirm. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
thank you again Smile
@sab28 , if you are willing to test from GitHub, the changes are already there in the master branch of the skin (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber).  You will find the new setting here:

With the setting active, the list uses almost all of the width of the screen.  Please be aware that the skin will reload when you activate or deactivate this setting, since I am changing the width and position of the list.  Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

By the way, the changes are in Includes.xml, Includes_List.xml, Includes_Media.xml, and View_57_SimpleList.xml.

Regards,

Bart
that is "perfect"! i definitely could not have done a better job Smile
thank you very much, an letting me know which files to look over.
also, liking this skin. nice job. Smile
note: more testing
it doesnt seem work for the first folder?

if you goto video:files you see
share - custom share i added
tv shows
video

set view to be new view all good
if i go into share is see the new view
if i go into first/top folder view is biglist
if i go into 2,3,4 etc folders view is new view.
same is for tv shows and video the first/top folder is set to biglist but all others set to new view?
again big thanks.
(2021-02-02, 13:10)sab28 Wrote: note: more testing

tv shows
video

same is for tv shows and video the first/top folder is set to biglist but all others set to new view?
again big thanks.
@sab28 , if I understand correctly, this is normal behavior for Kodi.  Once you enter a folder of a particular media type (files, none, episodes, seasons, tv shows, movies, musicvideos, etc.), you will see the last view that was set for that media type.  You can then set the view to whatever view you prefer, and Kodi will remember the view you set for that particular media type.  

So, if you go back to the folder where you see the view to be biglist and change it to simple list, go back to the main menu, and then go to video, files and that folder, does it still show big list, or does it show simple list? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-02-02, 10:34)sab28 Wrote:
(2021-02-01, 19:10)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-01, 03:09)sab28 Wrote: yes, 1 column(full width of screen) that sounds perfect. Smile
thank you again Smile

Regards,

Bart
that is "perfect"! i definitely could not have done a better job Smile
thank you very much, an letting me know which files to look over.
also, liking this skin. nice job. Smile
@sab28 , I am glad this works for you, and thank you for your kind words.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-02-02, 16:56)bsoriano Wrote:

tv shows
video

again big thanks.
@sab28 , if I understand correctly, this is normal behavior for Kodi.  Once you enter a folder of a particular media type (files, none, episodes, seasons, tv shows, movies, musicvideos, etc.), you will see the last view that was set for that media type.  You can then set the view to whatever view you prefer, and Kodi will remember the view you set for that particular media type.  

So, if you go back to the folder where you see the view to be biglist and change it to simple list, go back to the main menu, and then go to video, files and that folder, does it still show big list, or does it show simple list? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
sorry for delay, life got in the road. yes lists stay correct. Smile
(2021-02-06, 02:43)sab28 Wrote:
(2021-02-02, 16:56)bsoriano Wrote:

tv shows
video

again big thanks.

Regards,

Bart
sorry for delay, life got in the road. yes lists stay correct. Smile
@sab28 , thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG TV Guide display infomation text help0