Linux Problem Loading Posters
I have Kodi configured to use The Movie Database (TMDB), but for some reason it's not loading poster art. I'm using Kodi 19.0-RC1 (18.9.910) on Ubuntu Server 18.04. 

I've tried updating everything and refreshing the info for a movie which has a poster on TMDB, but it doesn't show in Kodi.

On Add-Ons / My Add-Ons / Information providers / Movie Information, I have the following:

Any suggestions about how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry, I realized this should probably go in: / Support / Add-on Support / Information Providers (scrapers) / Movie Scrapers — is there some way I can move it there?
@mrob

Are you using nfo files?

Can you provide a Debug Log which captures the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-02-01, 10:51)Karellen Wrote: @mrob

Are you using nfo files?

Can you provide a Debug Log which captures the problem.
@Karellen

I have a few nfo files, but not for the movies that can't load posters. It seems random: some work, but some don't. I checked the name and year — they're correct.

Here's my log file: http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/bMHfNJV4fh/

Thanks!
You did not enable debug mode, so I couldn't see the information I needed.

But you seem to have a problem with a language setting for some reason.

Can you follow these instructions to try and fix it... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2983546
But you are using metadata.tvshows.themoviedb.org.python scraper instead.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I can enable debug mode, but I'll try to fix the language settings first, and then post.

I would like to use the metadata.tvshows.themoviedb.org.python scraper, because it gets tags too.
I looked at the instructions you wrote, but I don't follow, sorry. Is a scraper specified for each source? I thought they are configured from the add-ons page.

I looked at trying to change the scrapers through the add-ons UI, but I cannot disable the Movie Database or Movie Database Python scrapers — the disable button is greyed out. I can disable the FilmAffinity and UMS scrapers.

I'm not sure how to proceed.
(2021-02-01, 11:16)mrob Wrote: I thought they are configured from the add-ons page.
Changing settings from the add-ons page only changes the default settings. This has no effect on any existing sources. It will only have an affect the next time you add a source.

You need to change settings at the Source using 5c...

My Signature
@Karellen

Ah, I see now. Okay, I followed the steps you described and then re-scanned. It's still not working, though.

Question: I have both The Movie Database and The Movie Database Python installed. Is this okay, or should I remove one (and how?)?

Here's the debug log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/N9ckHXRYv7/
(2021-02-01, 18:22)mrob Wrote: Question: I have both The Movie Database and The Movie Database Python installed. Is this okay, or should I remove one (and how?)?
Yes, it is ok. They are only ever used when they are set on a Source.

Are you using local artwork or are you relying on the scraper to provide the artwork?

The log does not show me anything as you did not scrape the movie. Try again. Also provide the link to the movie at TheMovieDB.
My Signature
@Karellen

I'm not using local artwork. Or, at least that is not my intention — is there a setting I've got wrong? Many movies seem to get the poster and artwork correctly, but many don't.

I tried rebooting Kodi and refreshing the data for this one movie. It asks if I want to fetch data from the Net and I confirm that I do. Then, nothing updates.

Here's the latest log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/cMsSc4D8Nd/

And here's the movie: https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/169923-genkai-nada

I notice a bunch of errors trying to load resource://resource.images.studios.white/Art Theatre Guild.png -- if a PNG is needed(?), I can make one.

Thanks, as always, for your help!
ah, you are on v19.

There are new artwork settings, and maybe they are not set correctly. Go to Settings>Media>Video and at the bottom of the page you will see new Artwork settings.

You can choose custom, and then add which artwork you want scraped, or choose Maximum for all artwork.

Does that resolve the issue?
My Signature
The artwork level is already set to Maximum.

Is this the default? I don't recall changing it.
(2021-02-02, 05:24)mrob Wrote: The artwork level is already set to Maximum.

Is this the default? I don't recall changing it.
Yes, it is the default

(2021-02-02, 04:37)mrob Wrote: I notice a bunch of errors trying to load resource://resource.images.studios.white/Art Theatre Guild.png -- if a PNG is needed(?), I can make one.
Ignore it. That is a studio icon that is missing.

The log still shows me there is something wrong with your scraper settings. I really need you to perform these steps... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2983546
Otherwise it is not going to get fixed, and there is nothing else I can do for you. You are on Linux, so that tells me that you do have some computer knowledge.
My Signature
I tried following these instructions before, but maybe did something wrong, so I tried again.

Quote:$ sudo rm -R /home/kodi/.kodi/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org
$ sudo rm -R /home/kodi/.kodi/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org.python

Then rebooted, then changed the scraper for my source to the FilmAffinity scraper, then changed it back to TMDB Python. Checked the language setting.

I'm not sure what you mean by: "Do this for both UMS and TheMovieDB Scrapers", as there seems to be only one scraper setting for each source.

Tried to refresh the movie, but it doesn't get the poster art from TMDB.

Here's the latest log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/Q9CnX6nxVt/
(2021-02-02, 06:17)mrob Wrote: $ sudo rm -R /home/kodi/.kodi/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org
$ sudo rm -R /home/kodi/.kodi/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org.python
They are the wrong folders. You probably deleted the scrapers with that command.
It is in your \userdata\addon_data folder in... /home/kodi/.kodi/userdata

(2021-02-02, 06:17)mrob Wrote: I'm not sure what you mean by: "Do this for both UMS and TheMovieDB Scrapers"
Ignore it. You are not using those scrapers. You are using metadata.themoviedb.org.python
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem Loading Posters0