• 35(current)
Release YouTube
(2021-02-01, 17:21)jackbauer20 Wrote: I am interested on this kind of use case:

Browse youtube on laptop using Firefox browser, when something nice is found I click a (firefox add-on) button in browser and the video starts playing on tv using kodi youtube add-on.

Do you think this is possible / feasible / anything.
I do something similar. When I use my desktop computer and see a YouTube video that looks interesting, I click "watch later" and then when using the YouTube addon on my Intel NUC running Libreelec, I can watch those videos whenever I want.

Browse youtube on laptop using Firefox browser, when something nice is found I click a (firefox add-on) button in browser and the video starts playing on tv using kodi youtube add-on.

The following extension is for Chrome but does excatly what you are requesting (I use it daily): https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...kpakkebden

There are quite a few of these types of extensions so I'm sure you can find one for Firefox too.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-02-01, 20:43)jmh2002 Wrote:

The following addon is Chrome but does excatly what you are requesting (I use it daily): https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...kpakkebden

There are quite a few of these types of addons so I'm sure you can find one for Firefox too.
Cool! Thanks a lot.
(2021-01-26, 21:33)ypcyc Wrote: For me some YouTube videos stopped working today.
This has worked for me:
* Settings - Maintenance - Delete access_manager.json and then re-login (not re-entering keys)

After that re-login with Google account NOT YouTube account!
Unfortunately not for me. This video for instance won't play no matter what I do. This is the first time in years that I stumble across a video that won't play. Also, deleting your access_manager.json may not be that good of an idea since you have to retrieve your Watch later playlist ID again.

Here's the interesting bit from the kodi.log:
Quote:2021-02-01 23:48:00.624 T:2380   ERROR: C:\Users\Sanae\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.urllib3\lib\urllib3\connectionpool.py:1004: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest...l-warnings
                                              InsecureRequestWarning,
2021-02-01 23:48:06.447 T:2380   ERROR: Previous line repeats 40 times.
2021-02-01 23:48:06.447 T:2380   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
And the full log. I have no idea why this video in particular is triggering an InsecureRequestWarning error. The OS is Windows 7 x64 and Kodi is 18.9 if that matters.

Edit: The following video (from an earlier post) doesn't play with me either:
(2021-01-25, 15:13)blueribb Wrote: This one video won't play on the YouTube Addon 6.8.9 stable. I get a pop-up saying to check logs.

Jupiter 2 --Tour of The Solar System
(2021-02-02, 00:53)Dioxaz Wrote: Unfortunately not for me. This video for instance won't play no matter what I do. This is the first time in years that I stumble across a video that won't play.

Edit: The following video (from an earlier post) don't play with me either: Jupiter 2 --Tour of The Solar System

Both those videos play for me without any issues. I tested them on my low power set up device which is set to use 360p and the video works with or without MPEG-DASH.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Youtube addon stops working just now.  I removed it and reinstalled it, but can't sign in.  It is stuck in Sing In - 0%.  I am sure my API settings are correct.  Any idea?
(2021-02-01, 00:57)devilledham Wrote: It's method 2 from that page that I was talking about, that's what I did.

It didn't work for me.  I found an MMC card that worked, and copied the json file across to this one (should be equivalent to method 3.)  That made no difference either
(2021-02-02, 02:05)jmh2002 Wrote: Both those videos play for me without any issues. I tested them on my low power set up device which is set to use 360p and the video works with or without MPEG-DASH.
I'd really like to understand what's going on here. When trying with a brand new profile on a different computer, the video works. But as soon as I log in, it stops working. And, the best? As soon as I log out, the video works again. This doesn't seem to be OS or profile-related.

There's something going on with my particular account that triggers the dreaded InsecureRequestWarning error for those particular videos, but not all of them (but it just struck the one video I wanted to watch before going to bed yesterday). But since we're not many having this error (yet?), there's very little chance to have a fix or workaround for this particular issue. Bummer.

Edit: I have more. It looks like these 2 videos work if I connect to a Youtube brand account, but not with a regular Google account.

Edit 2 (2021-2-5): Both videos now work perfectly regardless if I'm connected with a brand account or not. I simply have no idea of what could have happened.
Everything else is working great for me but my Recommendations seems to be stuck on the same single page of videos and never adding new ones or changing.

Can someone please give me a yay or nay on whether or not Recommendations works for them?
(2021-02-02, 03:20)RobinTW Wrote: Youtube addon stops working just now.  I removed it and reinstalled it, but can't sign in.  It is stuck in Sing In - 0%.  I am sure my API settings are correct.  Any idea?

I have applied a new set of API's, but still can't sign in.  Same error.  Please help!!!
(2021-02-02, 00:53)Dioxaz Wrote:
(2021-01-26, 21:33)ypcyc Wrote: For me some YouTube videos stopped working today.
This has worked for me:
* Settings - Maintenance - Delete access_manager.json and then re-login (not re-entering keys)

After that re-login with Google account NOT YouTube account!
Unfortunately not for me. This video for instance won't play no matter what I do. This is the first time in years that I stumble across a video that won't play. Also, deleting your access_manager.json may not be that good of an idea since you have to retrieve your Watch later playlist ID again.

Here's the interesting bit from the kodi.log:
Quote:2021-02-01 23:48:00.624 T:2380   ERROR: C:\Users\Sanae\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.urllib3\lib\urllib3\connectionpool.py:1004: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest...l-warnings
                                              InsecureRequestWarning,
2021-02-01 23:48:06.447 T:2380   ERROR: Previous line repeats 40 times.
2021-02-01 23:48:06.447 T:2380   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
And the full log. I have no idea why this video in particular is triggering an InsecureRequestWarning error. The OS is Windows 7 x64 and Kodi is 18.9 if that matters.

Edit: The following video (from an earlier post) don't play with me either:
(2021-01-25, 15:13)blueribb Wrote: This one video won't play on the YouTube Addon 6.8.9 stable. I get a pop-up saying to check logs.

Jupiter 2 --Tour of The Solar System
It plays for me in YouTube with no problems.
(2021-02-01, 03:27)dlbendigo Wrote:
(2021-02-01, 00:51)devilledham Wrote:
(2021-01-31, 18:50)dlbendigo Wrote: My first post.  I have registered for the YouTube API, but I cannot copy or paste the data into the API screen.  I already have the data in a JSON file in userdata, but it doesn't show up.  I can't think of any alternative.  An earlier tutorial said "Copy and paste the info," but recent forum posts say that it isn't possible.

You activate the http server in kodi, and then use your web browser to go to http://<IP of Kodi device>:50152/api and paste it into there.

Look at https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...l-API-Keys

Thanks.  I knew that  there had to be a way.
Half-way there.  I double-clicked on one of the fields in the API setup screen, and the standard text-entry keyboard, the one used e.g. to
add repos, came up.  My next task is to see the saved data in Kodi, where I can copy the keys from.  It is all too easy to copy and paste, and find that the two windows are in different OSs, and the clipboard isn't shared.
Hi all,

I am using the youtube addon V6.8.9 on Kodi 18, CoreElec 9.2.5, Wetek Play 2.

Just last weekend I relived the youtube addon by generating new API keys and it worked again.

But now I get a python exception on every startup of the addon. I assume it has updated in the meanwhile to V.6.8.9.

Any ideas?

The complete log can be found at: http://ix.io/2OpM.

The exception:

2021-02-05 12:23:20.213 T:3686822784   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not callable
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                from youtube_plugin import youtube
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/__init__.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                from .provider import Provider
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/provider.py", line 22, in <module>
                                                from ..youtube.client import YouTube
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/__init__.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                from .youtube import YouTube
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/youtube.py", line 22, in <module>
                                                from .login_client import LoginClient
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/login_client.py", line 17, in <module>
                                                from .__config__ import api, youtube_tv, developer_keys, keys_changed
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/__config__.py", line 222, in <module>
                                                _api_check = APICheck(__context, __settings)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/__config__.py", line 30, in __init__
                                                self._am_jstore = LoginTokenStore()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/json_store/login_tokens.py", line 17, in __init__
                                                JSONStore.__init__(self, 'access_manager.json')
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/json_store/json_store.py", line 39, in __init__
                                                self.load()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/json_store/json_store.py", line 59, in load
                                                data = json.load(jsonfile)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 291, in load
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 339, in loads
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 364, in decode
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 380, in raw_decode
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 36, in errmsg
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2021-02-03, 15:35)dlbendigo Wrote:
(2021-02-01, 03:27)dlbendigo Wrote:
(2021-02-01, 00:51)devilledham Wrote: You activate the http server in kodi, and then use your web browser to go to http://<IP of Kodi device>:50152/api and paste it into there.

Look at https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...l-API-Keys

Thanks.  I knew that  there had to be a way.
Half-way there.  I double-clicked on one of the fields in the API setup screen, and the standard text-entry keyboard, the one used e.g. to
add repos, came up.  My next task is to see the saved data in Kodi, where I can copy the keys from.  It is all too easy to copy and paste, and find that the two windows are in different OSs, and the clipboard isn't shared.
I finished up by typing all 3 keys into the form, copying them from a print-out of the Json file.  Rather risky for me to do it that way, but it worked!
PLEASE can someone tell me if Recommendations works for them or not?
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0