Win How to: get SMB sharing to work on Windows 10 version 20H2
I just updated to Windows 10 20H2 and it changed my:
Quote:  c) "Turn OFF password protected sharing"

setting to ON. Make sure to turn it back OFF after you update to 20H2 and it will work fine again.
I'm losing it.

I was able to go through all the steps, I've added the shared folder on Kodi but when I go into the actual folder I can see the movie folder but when I go in the folder the actual movie file is not showing.

Eg:
Main folder: Movies - I can access it
Subfolder: Supernatural Season 7 - I can access it
Files: All episodes in Season 7, nothing showing

I've just changed my Router, before it, everything was working just fine.
Now I can't get it to work no matter what I try
(2021-01-30, 14:57)Shad0u Wrote: Eg:
Supernatural is not a movie so do you have another folder in between?

I have mine set up as COMPUTERNAME/Media/Sopranos/Season7 and it works just fine.
(2021-01-30, 15:25)Kodroid Wrote:
(2021-01-30, 14:57)Shad0u Wrote: Eg:
Supernatural is not a movie so do you have another folder in between?

I have mine set up as COMPUTERNAME/Media/Sopranos/Season7 and it works just fine.
Hi, 

I did try this solution, but it doesn't work.

I have the same issue with movies also.

Basically, out all the movies that I have on that folder, only about 10% show up on Kodi.

I have had the same issue first time when I set it up, but then I found a thread somewhere online, that gave me a different way to set it up. It was something like putting the IP and after that :443, something. I can't find that thread anymore.

I did that, and for 1.5 years I was ok untill I changed my router.

Once I changed my router things have gone south again.

Let me try to formulate the issue again, maybe it makes sense more.

Windows 10 and Kodi 18.9 on Android TV.

On my Windows I have a folder that's shared to the network called Movies.

In there I have all my movies and my TV shows.

It's shared properly, acces to everyone so no issues there.

On my TV, if I put the path to that folder:

smb://computername/folder/

Once I do it, I can go without any issues on my Folder, see all the folders with all the movies that are in the folder.

The issue is:
Once I acces the folder, the file, the actual movie file is not there.

But for about 10% of the movies, the files actually are there. I can see it and play them.

It's driving me crazy.
@Shad0u

Key in this issue, is that you already have access via SMB: to some files, and they play out. It appears that some titles do not show up (in the same source?). The issue that could cause this are some cache somewhere is not flushing, your listings are dependant on a previous scan, out of memory on the smart TV (likely), some windows network gliche (not likely), failure to scan the listing that don't show up due to nomenclature (crap in the titling, possibly) or quite number of o/s issues that could be Android/Windows update related.

Try this on your Android TV settings>applications>manage installed settings>Kodi>Force stop>Clear cache and if that doesn't help you might want to clear data, but it likely will clear out your settings. I don't think the windows side of the software are letting you down, I have had this kind of set-up for months without issue. My suspicion is the  Android TV resource is the issue and your posts would be better handled in the android forums.
(2021-01-30, 20:24)PatK Wrote: @Shad0u

Key in this issue, is that you already have access via SMB: to some files, and they play out. It appears that some titles do not show up (in the same source?). The issue that could cause this are some cache somewhere is not flushing, your listings are dependant on a previous scan, out of memory on the smart TV (likely), some windows network gliche (not likely), failure to scan the listing that don't show up due to nomenclature (crap in the titling, possibly) or quite number of o/s issues that could be Android/Windows update related.

Try this on your Android TV settings>applications>manage installed settings>Kodi>Force stop>Clear cache and if that doesn't help you might want to clear data, but it likely will clear out your settings. I don't think the windows side of the software are letting you down, I have had this kind of set-up for months without issue. My suspicion is the  Android TV resource is the issue and your posts would be better handled in the android forums.

I've done this:
One test: I've installed Kodi on two more devices:

1. On my laptop that has Windows 10
2. On my Android Phone

I've got exactly the same error on both devices, again, some movies showing, some not (the files) but all the folders showing.

Test two:
On my smart TV I've cleared everything, the catche, all the data, everything so I started from 0.

I've got the exact same issue.

At this point in time I'm sure that it developed a conscience and of trying to get me crazy because it knows I can't quit trying when I'm in this situations 😂😂😂
I've already compared the format of the formats of the files that are showing.

1. There are all formats MP4. .Avi .mkv
2. I have full series like "Malcolm in the middle" but "Supernatural" not
3. Same with the movies. I have movies showing that are just the file in the Movies folder, they are not in a subfolder. 1 out of 4 is showing.
4. The movies that are each in their folder, some showing, some not.

How can this be?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Hi,

I've uploaded the log below

https://paste.kodi.tv/xiyosetiha.kodi

I hope this works.
(2021-01-31, 00:19)PatK Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

Does that work for you?
Can you understand where the issue is?
Check your scraper settings for 'Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title', and although you have some RegExp rules they don't take into account all aberrations, the scan is probably probably tripping up. Your titles include many extra words and unneeded characters that the scrapers are having difficulty with, suggest renaming titles to meta-data friendly titles. (and throwing them into a sub folder of their name)

e.g. instead of "smb://DESKTOP-E79GJH2/Filme/Awakenings.1990.1080p.BluRay.X264-AMIABLE/Awakenings.1990.1080p.BluRay.X264-AMIABLE.mkv"

try smb://DESKTOP-E79GJH2/Filme/Awakenings (1990)/Awakenings.mkv

Don't ask me why scrapers previously saw all your files and now do not recognize half of them, check with scrapers threads.
Anyone had luck with this working in Kodi 19.0 RC1?
(2021-02-03, 03:07)PatK Wrote: Check your scraper settings for 'Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title', and although you have some RegExp rules they don't take into account all aberrations, the scan is probably probably tripping up. Your titles include many extra words and unneeded characters that the scrapers are having difficulty with, suggest renaming titles to meta-data friendly titles. (and throwing them into a sub folder of their name)

e.g. instead of "smb://DESKTOP-E79GJH2/Filme/Awakenings.1990.1080p.BluRay.X264-AMIABLE/Awakenings.1990.1080p.BluRay.X264-AMIABLE.mkv"

try smb://DESKTOP-E79GJH2/Filme/Awakenings (1990)/Awakenings.mkv

Don't ask me why scrapers previously saw all your files and now do not recognize half of them, check with scrapers threads.
Ok, 

so I'm still strugling with this.

For the sake of the argument I've done it your way.

I made a new Folder, called it test, moved the files in it and renamed everything in there.

Folder, files, subs, everything.

https://paste.kodi.tv/zaqibiweye.kodi

I still have two movies not showing.

Out of 4 movies, two are showing, two are not.

I've tried everything, it's so frustrating that I can't explain.

What I remember from last time, it was 2 years ago, is that somehow I managed to add the folder in kodi in a subfolder that only existed in Kodi, not in windows.

Let me try to explain.

On my PC I have:

DESKTOP/Test

In test are all the movies, some in separate folders, some in the root folder.
All with the long name because Torrent.

Now, when I set it up on Kodi (and I can't remember how I've done it)

I set it up as:

Kodi/Movies/Test 2/Test, but Test 2 never existed on my PC.

Now, the drwback of that is that I was never able to add all those movies into the Movie Library, no matter what setting I've tried doing.
But now, that I think about I think that it must have also been the reason why Kodi was reading everything and displaying it correctly.

I hate that I'm a dumb ass and never saved the link from where I found the solution to add everything properly.

Don't get me wrong, I love Kodi, but at this point If I would have an alternative, I would pay for it.
(2021-02-07, 00:41)Shad0u Wrote: so I'm still strugling with this.
Key here is: understand Kodi & the scrapers do not know extra (torrent) garbage in the titles, when you have a title that has many possibilities; the scraper looks for a date to discriminate. Use one of the meta-data base web sites with a web browser to double check those listing that you are having issues with.... Sometimes a 3rd party media manager will straighten naming and titles, and from the sounds of it, will help you more than I can. Also be aware that scrapers have undergone quite radical changes and what once worked fine, may no longer work so fine. I illuminated the obvious issues in your set-up, which is non-standard nomenclature, titles not in sub folder of their own names, titles without dates, RegExp rules which may not apply.
I suspect your library and collection are overdue for a much needed clean-up.

You did try it my way.... and 2 titles didn't show up, so let's have the full title of both and we'll see if we can get them into your library, entertain the universal scraper.

I note: FTL: Running on Xiaomi MI 9 with Android 10.0.0 API level 29, kernel: Linux ARM 64-bit version 4.14.117-perf-gdda8017

This is a windows support forum, and clearly your issue has now escaped windows support and would be best handled in an android forum where experts in those o/s are well versed.
(2021-02-07, 00:41)Shad0u Wrote: I still have two movies not showing.
xml:
VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'smb://DESKTOP-E79GJH2/Test/Beauty.and.the.Beast 2017/Beauty and the Beast 2017.mkv'
DEBUG: FindMovie: Searching for 'Beauty and the Beast' using Local information only scraper
No information found for item 'smb://DESKTOP-E79GJH2/Test/Beauty.and.the.Beast 2017/Beauty and the Beast 2017.mkv', it won't be added to the library.
You are using Local Information Only as the scraper. Change to one of the Movie scrapers.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to: get SMB sharing to work on Windows 10 version 20H21