OSD - additional info
First of all, thank you for the Amber skin! I can fully tweak it to suit my needs and it looks awesome!

I do miss an option in the OSD however for the following conditions:

1.When the next movie or episode starts the seek bar is displayed for about 5 seconds without any text below it. If the movie name / episode number and name could be listed there that would be great (I always want to know what is playing next, now I'm grabbing the remote and press Info every time a new file starts)

2. When pausing I would like to see the movie name / episode number & name under the seek bar, now there is only the word "Pausing". I know that this info (and a lot more) can be displayed with the "Show video info on pause" setting but I'm just looking for the movie name / episode number & name and leave the rest of the screen intact

If item 1 (as I'm missing that the most) or both items could be added as an option under the "Full screen/OSD" setting to turn on /off that would make the skin even better (for me). Would that be possible? I'm using Kodi Leia at the moment.
Nvidia Shield Pro, Kodi 21 Omega (RC-2), Arctic Zephyr Reloaded

(2021-02-02, 23:19)RyFeR Wrote: First of all, thank you for the Amber skin! I can fully tweak it to suit my needs and it looks awesome!

1.When the next movie or episode starts the seek bar is displayed for about 5 seconds without any text below it. If the movie name / episode number and name could be listed there that would be great (I always want to know what is playing next, now I'm grabbing the remote and press Info every time a new file starts)

2. When pausing I would like to see the movie name / episode number & name under the seek bar, now there is only the word "Pausing". I know that this info (and a lot more) can be displayed with the "Show video info on pause" setting but I'm just looking for the movie name / episode number & name and leave the rest of the screen intact

If item 1 (as I'm missing that the most) or both items could be added as an option under the "Full screen/OSD" setting to turn on /off that would make the skin even better (for me). Would that be possible? I'm using Kodi Leia at the moment.
@RyFeR thank you for your kind words.  Both should be possible, I will work on these and let you know when they are ready to test.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-02-03, 19:02)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-02, 23:19)RyFeR Wrote: First of all, thank you for the Amber skin! I can fully tweak it to suit my needs and it looks awesome!

@RyFeR thank you for your kind words.  Both should be possible, I will work on these and let you know when they are ready to test.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks for the quick reply, looking forward to test!

(2021-02-03, 22:18)RyFeR Wrote:
(2021-02-03, 19:02)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

@RyFeR , if you are willing to test from GitHub, the changes are already there, in the Leia branch (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.../tree/Leia).  You will find a new setting here:

Once you set it to Yes, this is what it will look like when paused, or the few seconds the seek bar is shown when a new file starts playing.  For episodes:

And for movies:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-02-03, 23:35)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-03, 22:18)RyFeR Wrote:
(2021-02-03, 19:02)bsoriano Wrote: @RyFeR thank you for your kind words.  Both should be possible, I will work on these and let you know when they are ready to test.

Regards,

Bart

@RyFeR , if you are willing to test from GitHub, the changes are already there, in the Leia branch (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.../tree/Leia).  You will find a new setting here:

Once you set it to Yes, this is what it will look like when paused, or the few seconds the seek bar is shown when a new file starts playing.  For episodes:

And for movies:

Regards,

Bart
Wow, that was quick... tested the new version locally and it's exactly what I was looking for! And liking the way you implemented it with extra line and the larger font.

One more thing if I may: would it also be possible to set the duration of showing the seek bar with new info when a new episode begins? It disappears kind of quick so a choice of 3/5/7/10 seconds or so would provide a bit more flexibility.

(2021-02-03, 23:54)RyFeR Wrote:
(2021-02-03, 23:35)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-03, 22:18)RyFeR Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply, looking forward to test!

And for movies:

Regards,

Bart
Wow, that was quick... tested the new version locally and it's exactly what I was looking for! And liking the way you implemented it with extra line and the larger font.

One more thing if I may: would it also be possible to set the duration of showing the seek bar with new info when a new episode begins? It disappears kind of quick so a choice of 3/5/7/10 seconds or so would provide a bit more flexibility.
@RyFeR , I am glad this fits the bill.  As to the time the seek bar appears at the start of playback, as far as I know this is controlled by Kodi and not the skin.  I know that skin helper service had a setting that allowed you to change that, but Amber does not use that or any of its dependencies any more.  I will investigate if there is another way to accomplish this.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-02-04, 00:27)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-03, 23:54)RyFeR Wrote:
(2021-02-03, 23:35)bsoriano Wrote: @RyFeR , if you are willing to test from GitHub, the changes are already there, in the Leia branch (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.../tree/Leia).  You will find a new setting here:

And for movies:

Regards,

Bart

@RyFeR , I am glad this fits the bill.  As to the time the seek bar appears at the start of playback, as far as I know this is controlled by Kodi and not the skin.  I know that skin helper service had a setting that allowed you to change that, but Amber does not use that or any of its dependencies any more.  I will investigate if there is another way to accomplish this.

Regards,

Bart
No worries, if it’s hard to change and you need to investigate then you can make better use of your time.

Really my last comment on this: not sure if the way the text is centered now (centered with the seek bar) looks better then centered across the whole screen. Could you make that a selectable option as well? I know this goes into (too much) detail so if this is difficult then leave it as-is.

And thanks for all the work you put into this!

(2021-02-04, 00:42)RyFeR Wrote:
(2021-02-04, 00:27)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-03, 23:54)RyFeR Wrote: Wow, that was quick... tested the new version locally and it's exactly what I was looking for! And liking the way you implemented it with extra line and the larger font.

Regards,

Bart
No worries, if it’s hard to change and you need to investigate then you can make better use of your time.

Really my last comment on this: not sure if the way the text is centered now (centered with the seek bar) looks better then centered across the whole screen. Could you make that a selectable option as well? I know this goes into (too much) detail so if this is difficult then leave it as-is.

@RyFeR , let's see if I get a good answer on how to do it, I am curious as well.  In regards to the text positioning, can you please try the latest from GitHub? It now should be better centered across the whole screen.  I would rather have it just one way and not make that an option also.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-02-04, 00:48)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-04, 00:42)RyFeR Wrote:
(2021-02-04, 00:27)bsoriano Wrote: @RyFeR , I am glad this fits the bill.  As to the time the seek bar appears at the start of playback, as far as I know this is controlled by Kodi and not the skin.  I know that skin helper service had a setting that allowed you to change that, but Amber does not use that or any of its dependencies any more.  I will investigate if there is another way to accomplish this.

Regards,

Bart

@RyFeR , let's see if I get a good answer on how to do it, I am curious as well.  In regards to the text positioning, can you please try the latest from GitHub? It now should be better centered across the whole screen.  I would rather have it just one way and not make that an option also.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I have an issue with the ZIP downloaded from the repo (failed to install) but replaced the contents of the 1080i folder in the previous version I downloaded with the files from the latest ZIP and that installed fine.

Centered across the screen looks much better so this is my preferred setting, many thanks for adding this to the skin!

(2021-02-04, 10:45)RyFeR Wrote:
(2021-02-04, 00:48)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-04, 00:42)RyFeR Wrote: No worries, if it’s hard to change and you need to investigate then you can make better use of your time.

Regards,

Bart
I have an issue with the ZIP downloaded from the repo (failed to install) but replaced the contents of the 1080i folder in the previous version I downloaded with the files from the latest ZIP and that installed fine.

Centered across the screen looks much better so this is my preferred setting, many thanks for adding this to the skin!
@RyFeR , you are very welcome.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
@RyFeR , I have implemented an option to show the seek bar when video playback starts, and to configure how much time it is shown.  The interval options are 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,15 and 20 seconds.  You will find the new setting here:

If you set it to Yes, the setting for selecting the time appears, and the select dialog for the time looks like this:

This change is only on GitHub currently.  Please test, and let me know how it works for you, and if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-02-09, 22:50)bsoriano Wrote: @RyFeR , I have implemented an option to show the seek bar when video playback starts, and to configure how much time it is shown.  The interval options are 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,15 and 20 seconds.  You will find the new setting here:

If you set it to Yes, the setting for selecting the time appears, and the select dialog for the time looks like this:

This change is only on GitHub currently.  Please test, and let me know how it works for you, and if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

Thanks for picking this up further!

1. When starting playback it now works perfectly, seekbar with movie / episode name is shown and stays on-screen for the time specified in the options
2. When the next episode is started however the seekbar + name is shown but the time is the default 2 seconds it was before the update. 

If the time for (2) can be the same as specified in the options it would be perfect.

(2021-02-09, 23:43)RyFeR Wrote:
(2021-02-09, 22:50)bsoriano Wrote: @RyFeR , I have implemented an option to show the seek bar when video playback starts, and to configure how much time it is shown.  The interval options are 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,15 and 20 seconds.  You will find the new setting here:

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

1. When starting playback it now works perfectly, seekbar with movie / episode name is shown and stays on-screen for the time specified in the options
2. When the next episode is started however the seekbar + name is shown but the time is the default 2 seconds it was before the update. 

If the time for (2) can be the same as specified in the options it would be perfect.

@RyFeR, can you please tell me the steps you are following for number 2? Is this with Up Next active so that a next episode is played? Is this with a playlist? How are you playing the episodes? From a media view? I'm asking all of these questions so that I can narrow down the conditions and see if this is something that Kodi is doing that I cannot change or if it is something that I can control from the skin. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-02-09, 23:48)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-09, 23:43)RyFeR Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

@RyFeR, can you please tell me the steps you are following for number 2? Is this with Up Next active so that a next episode is played? Is this with a playlist? How are you playing the episodes? From a media view? I'm asking all of these questions so that I can narrow down the conditions and see if this is something that Kodi is doing that I cannot change or if it is something that I can control from the skin. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Via the TV shows main menu item I go the the series I want to see, then select the episode and start it (from the low list media view).

It then starts with the seekbar + info for the amount of time I set in options (this differs from before the update, nothing was shown then). When the episode is finished it then automatically starts the next one, seekbar + info is shown but only for 2 seconds (this is the same behavior as before the update).

Hope this helps, if you need more info just let me know.

(2021-02-10, 00:05)RyFeR Wrote:
(2021-02-09, 23:48)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-09, 23:43)RyFeR Wrote: Hi Bart,

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Via the TV shows main menu item I go the the series I want to see, then select the episode and start it (from the low list media view).

It then starts with the seekbar + info for the amount of time I set in options (this differs from before the update, nothing was shown then). When the episode is finished it then automatically starts the next one, seekbar + info is shown but only for 2 seconds (this is the same behavior as before the update).

Hope this helps, if you need more info just let me know.
@RyFeR , thanks for the additional info.  I had not noticed since I never had the setting "Play Next Video automatically" set in Kodi before.  I found the condition.  Unfortunately, the time is controlled by Kodi and it is about 2.5 seconds.  I could just not display the seek bar in that condition, but it would affect the nature of the seek bar, since it would not display it right after you have performed a seek, where it is important to know where you are in the video.  And I tried making this configurable, but it did not work.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSD - additional info0