• 36(current)
Release YouTube
(2021-02-06, 03:21)devilledham Wrote: PLEASE can someone tell me if Recommendations works for them or not?

Which ones?
? Not sure what you mean.

When I use the official youtube app on my phone, or the youtube website, there must be hundreds of recommended videos.

But in the kodi youtube app, my recommendations seems to be "stuck". It has a single page of recommended videos, but never seems to update them, and it's only one page, with maybe 20 videos.
(2021-02-06, 14:57)devilledham Wrote: ? Not sure what you mean.

When I use the official youtube app on my phone, or the youtube website, there must be hundreds of recommended videos.

But in the kodi youtube app, my recommendations seems to be "stuck". It has a single page of recommended videos, but never seems to update them, and it's only one page, with maybe 20 videos.

I can't sign in.  It's stuck in "Sign In - 0%".  I have changed two sets of new API's.  I am pretty sure my API's are correct and working.  If I remove those API's, it says error.
I have been trying to sign in Youtube for a few days but always get "Sign In - %0" and it's stuck.  I have asked for support in Youtube thread, but no one replies.  Now I start a new thread with full log.  Please help.

See log https://paste.kodi.tv/qegobewipa.kodi
@RobinTW - Please don't start random new threads. The support thread is where you should be posting, but answers may take a little while.

I've left your post whole above rather than removing it as a duplicate as it has the log in it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@kaiben
Settings -> Maintenance -> Delete access_manager.json

@devilledham
Settings -> Maintenance -> Delete data cache

The recommendations are long term cached, so they will be static during that time. It costs a lot of quota to generate this artificial recommendations

@RobinTW
There is nothing in the log to indicate the problem, it simply looks to be waiting for the youtube server to confirm you entered the key as expected.
Sorry I don't have any solution atm for you.

@Dioxaz
Settings - Advanced - Force SSL certificate verification to disable the warning

---
I'm sure I missed someone that hasn't already been helped by others. If so, please repost with a debug log (wiki)
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2021-02-08, 02:16)anxdpanic Wrote: There is nothing in the log to indicate the problem, it simply looks to be waiting for the youtube server to confirm you entered the key as expected.
Sorry I don't have any solution atm for you.

What key?  There is no key for me.  It's stuck in "Sign In -0%".  I have saved API's in the settings and they seem to be working.  I can partially use Youtube functions like "Popular right now", "Search", "My Location",.....  If I remove those API's, I get error message.
(2021-02-08, 02:16)anxdpanic Wrote: @kaiben
Settings -> Maintenance -> Delete access_manager.json

Thank you @anxdpanic!

But Settings -> Maintenance -> Delete access_manager.json does NOT deleted the file.
Looking on the file system it was still from 1.2. But it looked corrupted and so I deleted it manually.

systemctl stop kodi
rm .kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/access_manager.json
systemctl start kodi

and two times new login at google and it works again.
Hello guys,
Youtube 6.8.9, Kodi, nVidiaShield 2019 pro - playback of some (maybe half of all) videos stopped - a general error appears Youtube cannot be played.
So far, everything that youtube offered in Kodi could be played.
Trying reinstall, nothing changed.
Anyone wanna help figure out launching Chrome with commandline arguments in v19? The TV interface available to us is much much more functional and entertaining.
@anxdpanic also yesterday night.... whitout apparently motive and whitout any advice the addons has stopped to reprocude video using MPEG-DASH.

On normal log there's appears so many line like this from my last night kodi.old.log:
Pasted portion here... thanks in advance.

Last night i have also tryed to open a video using the "Play ASK for Quality"..... after that if i select MPD quality same errors....... but if i  select the MP4 Quality apparently it's works but i thinks it's not using MPEG-DASH.

Apparently the Mpeg-Dash it's not works only on youtube addons.... in fact i have tryed to open a Twitch stream or past stream and here Dash works. It seems as if some "parts" or "componets" of youtube addons goes on crash.

Today i have turn on again my Pi2 and all it's back to works normally and without major problems......  the next time this append to my i can try also to activate the debug level log on the fly and try to reproduce the issue and i'm back here to report also this portion on log.

have you ever noticed any similar behavior ?
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
@anxdpanic

cannot play videos, I don't know what happened. Please find debug-log below line 1730: https://paste.kodi.tv/alibotefuq.kodi

Thanks for your support
I was just going to report the same issue as sus67: A lot of videos suddenly won't play. Not all of them, some of them, mostly old or low-res ones, still work, but any recent or high-res videos just crash with:

Error Type: <class 'requests.exceptions.InvalidURL'>
Error Contents: Invalid URL 'http://': No host supplied

I can supply a full log, but would be very similar to the one sus67 uploaded. 
I'm using 18.9 on Windows 7, 32-bit.
@anxdpanic

Some of the videos not working..please check

This can play
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tELoHEXwt8k

This cannot play
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fRD_3vJagxk
@RobinTW
Sorry I'm not seeing an issue in the log, and not sure how to resolve this currently.

@DjDiabolik 
Doesn't seem to be a YouTube add-on issue, not sure what the cause or solution to that would be. 

@_avatar, @sus67, @mklopez, @Naga and anyone else unable to play certain videos (ie. music videos)

I've updated post #2 and the repositories with 6.8.10~alpha1
Code:
[fix] fix javascript player retrieval and playback of some videos for affected users |contrib: thomazz-nl|
    - Invalid URL 'http://': No host supplied
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0