• 12(current)
WIP S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022)
Love the skin it's great!

One question, does the group as movie sets function work ok?  I've tried to turn the function on in the settings but it doesn't appear to do anything.
(2021-01-31, 23:27)dave2 Wrote: Love the skin it's great!

One question, does the group as movie sets function work ok?  I've tried to turn the function on in the settings but it doesn't appear to do anything.
thanks.
That should'nt be issue with that skinsetting
EXCEPT is home screen widgets.(but that isnt skin related)

I have a lot of sets, and no issues with that setting .
( i prefer this too)
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
@mardukL:
WOW, what an amazing skin. Thank you very much for sharing the results of your hard work. 

Now that Kodi 19 "Matrix" has reached its RC status I felt forced to face the upgrade procedure (which is a challange because this time you have to setup Kodi from scratch with all new Python3 addons - if available). Otherwise the auto update function on all my four Android TV machines would destroy my current Kodi installations once the final version of Kodi 19 occurs in the Google Playstore. The update also cost me my favorite Titan MOD skin. It does not look like we will see a Matrix build of it anytime in the future.  So I also had to search for a new skin. And that brought me to this piece of art you created.

The design is very stylish and modern. I also like the widget concentrated main screen and the netflix look and feel. However, there are some comments I have:

1. There is a problem with Titan MOD (and also with Bingie and Bingie MOD) as to their handling of EmbyCon sources. If you enter the Movie section or TV-Show section and afterwards return to the main menu, the next time you enter either of the sections the first movie listed in the Movie section will start playing automatically. As a result when you zap through the menus every once in a while the first movie of the movie section automatically starts to play. It makes the skin almost unusable with EmbyCon. And now it's exactly the same with SWAN.

In Titan MOD @Fuch2468 found out that the problem was somehow connected to the "View_529_NetflixSeasons.xml". As long as this view was activated (you did not even have to use it for Movie or TV-Show section) the problem occured. But once you deactivated this view in th settings everything was fine. No autoplay anymore. 

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2988167

I do not know what causes the problem in SWAN. Maybe it is also connected to one of the views (I cannot try because SWAN does not offer the option to deactivate certain view types). However, for the time being I stopped using EmbyCon and use Emby Addon instead, which means I now have the regular Kodi libraries linked to the Main Menu. Therefore the problem does not occur right now. But since the sync of Emby Addon is quiet unstable (losing my database every few days) I would rather return to EmbyCon. So maybe you can have a look into this strange behaviour.

2. I couldn't find out how to add "addons" to the main menu, neither was I able to add "Android Apps", "TV-Guide", "TV-Recordings", "Pictures", "Weather" or other stuff to it. It would be nice if you could make those typical menu entries selectable and maybe also include an option for custom menu entries. Currently I tried to adjusted the entries manually in the "settings.xml"-file, but every once in while they somehow seem to get reverted. Also I was was not able to manually create an entry that would give me the "addons"-Hub or TV-Channels or Pictures. The usual paths for the "ActivateWindow" command are displayed correctly when I manually insert them in the settings.xml (I can verify it in Kodi when I go to Settings/Skin/Home Mainmenu and look at the respective Set Entry). However, they do not seem to work.

3. Same applies for the widgets. Would be great to have pictures etc. as widgets or at least the option to create manual entries.

4. It would be nice to have a Netflix-like view type for movies and tv-shows with covers or landscapes or circles on scrolling horizontally, just like the widgets on the main page. 

5. On the top of the Music Hub the album name and the song name seem to overlap when playing a song.

By now I can only use the skin without TV functions, without pictures and without access to my android apps (which is a problem for I use Kodi as my launcher on the Shield TV Boxes). Also I have to use Emby addon instead of EmbyCon (which works but needs me to manually rescan my video databases every few days). So right now I unfortunatley cannot make use of the this beautiful skin. Would be nice if you could add those missing functions.

Again, thank you very much for your hard work! I hope you keep it going.
(2021-02-02, 18:58)fantasticn Wrote: @mardukL:
WOW, what an amazing skin. Thank you very much for sharing the results of your hard work. 

Now that Kodi 19 "Matrix" has reached its RC status I felt forced to face the upgrade procedure (which is a challange because this time you have to setup Kodi from scratch with all new Python3 addons - if available). Otherwise the auto update function on all my four Android TV machines would destroy my current Kodi installations once the final version of Kodi 19 occurs in the Google Playstore. The update also cost me my favorite Titan MOD skin. It does not look like we will see a Matrix build of it anytime in the future.  So I also had to search for a new skin. And that brought me to this piece of art you created.

The design is very stylish and modern. I also like the widget concentrated main screen and the netflix look and feel. However, there are some comments I have:

1. There is a problem with Titan MOD (and also with Bingie and Bingie MOD) as to their handling of EmbyCon sources. If you enter the Movie section or TV-Show section and afterwards return to the main menu, the next time you enter either of the sections the first movie listed in the Movie section will start playing automatically. As a result when you zap through the menus every once in a while the first movie of the movie section automatically starts to play. It makes the skin almost unusable with EmbyCon. And now it's exactly the same with SWAN.

In Titan MOD @Fuch2468 found out that the problem was somehow connected to the "View_529_NetflixSeasons.xml". As long as this view was activated (you did not even have to use it for Movie or TV-Show section) the problem occured. But once you deactivated this view in th settings everything was fine. No autoplay anymore. 

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2988167

I do not know what causes the problem in SWAN. Maybe it is also connected to one of the views (I cannot try because SWAN does not offer the option to deactivate certain view types). However, for the time being I stopped using EmbyCon and use Emby Addon instead, which means I now have the regular Kodi libraries linked to the Main Menu. Therefore the problem does not occur right now. But since the sync of Emby Addon is quiet unstable (losing my database every few days) I would rather return to EmbyCon. So maybe you can have a look into this strange behaviour.

2. I couldn't find out how to add "addons" to the main menu, neither was I able to add "Android Apps", "TV-Guide", "TV-Recordings", "Pictures", "Weather" or other stuff to it. It would be nice if you could make those typical menu entries selectable and maybe also include an option for custom menu entries. Currently I tried to adjusted the entries manually in the "settings.xml"-file, but every once in while they somehow seem to get reverted. Also I was was not able to manually create an entry that would give me the "addons"-Hub or TV-Channels or Pictures. The usual paths for the "ActivateWindow" command are displayed correctly when I manually insert them in the settings.xml (I can verify it in Kodi when I go to Settings/Skin/Home Mainmenu and look at the respective Set Entry). However, they do not seem to work.

3. Same applies for the widgets. Would be great to have pictures etc. as widgets or at least the option to create manual entries.

4. It would be nice to have a Netflix-like view type for movies and tv-shows with covers or landscapes or circles on scrolling horizontally, just like the widgets on the main page. 

5. On the top of the Music Hub the album name and the song name seem to overlap when playing a song.

By now I can only use the skin without TV functions, without pictures and without access to my android apps (which is a problem for I use Kodi as my launcher on the Shield TV Boxes). Also I have to use Emby addon instead of EmbyCon (which works but needs me to manually rescan my video databases every few days). So right now I unfortunatley cannot make use of the this beautiful skin. Would be nice if you could add those missing functions.

Again, thank you very much for your hard work! I hope you keep it going.

Thanks.

The autoplay seems very strange.
can you post a debug log , next time.
It would be very interesting.

PVR,Weather, Picures windows are not defined and therefore not workin correctly in shortcut editor (main menu, widgets) but the will come soon, except PVR.

PVR stuff in generell is undone, i for myself didnt use any pvr, so this part will be the last stages of finishing.
( i just asd some options for widget selection without testing , i just looked the skinning wiki for adjust)

Some Bugs and unintended stuff are tracked and on to do.

THE SKIN IS FAR AWAY FROM BETA OR BEEING FINISHED.

But at least.... :-)
the android apps should work now here ( home main menu entry/ widgets )
https://github.com/marduklev/repository....3~beta.zip

on leia you'll can update within kodi.

Hope that helps.
@mardukL:
Many thanks for the quick response and sorry I was not able to come back to you immediately. But my work kept me very busy the last two days.

Originally I was configuring the skin on my Windows PC for I wanted to upload it to my Android machines only when everything works fine. However, I have now uploaded it to one of the Android TV machines (requiring me to also install and setup the Emby Addon which I had configured in the skin because of the aforementioned problems with EmbyCon). But I also have EmbyCon still running and included the links to EmbyCon Movie Library and EmbyCon TV-Show-Library in the main menu. Result:

1. I can confirm that I can now include and use Android Apps as an entry in the main menu. That is very helpful, especially if you use Kodi as the launcher, because you need access to all Android Apps and settings from within Kodi then.

2. Going into Emby Movie section and afterwards into Emby TV-Show section automatically starts the first movie of the Emby Movie section. I have included a log which was too long to post at paste.kodi.tv. So I have uploaded it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dnBGH2L...sp=sharing

From the log you will see that I am still fighting with Emby Addon on Kodi 19 Matrix. It is somehow always losing the connection to my server. Since I also was not very happy with the stability of Emby Addon under Kodi 17 and 18 this is the reason why I would prefer to stick with EmbyCon. But - as I already mentioned - using EmbyCon I have the same problem with SWAN that I had with Titan MOD. Fuchs2468 already investigated into the issue and came up with "View_529_NetflixSeasons.xml" causing the autoplay problem. Deaktivating this view type solved the issue under Titan MOD. So I wonder what it is over here with SWAN.

3. I would love to use this skin as my main skin on all Kodi machines. But as you say it is still very much in alpha stage and I assume you will not include TV-Section (LiveTV, Guide, Recordings) as well as Pictures during the next days. So, for the time being I will have to look for another solution since especially LiveTV is very essential on my media players. But I will follow you progress closely.

Once again, thanks for your support. Take care and keep up the good work!
(2021-02-05, 12:49)fantasticn Wrote: @mardukL:
Many thanks for the quick response and sorry I was not able to come back to you immediately. But my work kept me very busy the last two days.

Originally I was configuring the skin on my Windows PC for I wanted to upload it to my Android machines only when everything works fine. However, I have now uploaded it to one of the Android TV machines (requiring me to also install and setup the Emby Addon which I had configured in the skin because of the aforementioned problems with EmbyCon). But I also have EmbyCon still running and included the links to EmbyCon Movie Library and EmbyCon TV-Show-Library in the main menu. Result:

1. I can confirm that I can now include and use Android Apps as an entry in the main menu. That is very helpful, especially if you use Kodi as the launcher, because you need access to all Android Apps and settings from within Kodi then.

2. Going into Emby Movie section and afterwards into Emby TV-Show section automatically starts the first movie of the Emby Movie section. I have included a log which was too long to post at paste.kodi.tv. So I have uploaded it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dnBGH2L...sp=sharing

From the log you will see that I am still fighting with Emby Addon on Kodi 19 Matrix. It is somehow always losing the connection to my server. Since I also was not very happy with the stability of Emby Addon under Kodi 17 and 18 this is the reason why I would prefer to stick with EmbyCon. But - as I already mentioned - using EmbyCon I have the same problem with SWAN that I had with Titan MOD. Fuchs2468 already investigated into the issue and came up with "View_529_NetflixSeasons.xml" causing the autoplay problem. Deaktivating this view type solved the issue under Titan MOD. So I wonder what it is over here with SWAN.

3. I would love to use this skin as my main skin on all Kodi machines. But as you say it is still very much in alpha stage and I assume you will not include TV-Section (LiveTV, Guide, Recordings) as well as Pictures during the next days. So, for the time being I will have to look for another solution since especially LiveTV is very essential on my media players. But I will follow you progress closely.

Once again, thanks for your support. Take care and keep up the good work!
Thanks again. Wink

For PVR adjustments i will need alot time...

I pushed aupdate with some changes today... still no Matrix Branch to adjust Repo in generell to let it differenciate bewteen Matrix/Leia...

1. Done Smile
2. i will take a look, unsure what causing it (not much time atm), but i saved your log to watch it later
3. Thanks, yeah PVR will cost me time, @'fuchs2568' (may can help me at a leter point)

Recent Changes 1.04~alpha
txt:

- changed colorpicker layout (hardcoded colors are intended)
- changed/improved profile switcher layout in homemenu
- changed/improved LoginScreen.xml Layout
- changed/improved SettingsProfile.xml Layout

- added screen calibration window (SettingsScreenCalibration.xml)
- added filemaneger window (FileManager.xml)
- added gamecontrollers (DialogGameControllers.xml)
- added Custom Login Screen for later Use (WIP)
- added shortcut paths for homemenu/widget selection (android apps, addons / kodi programms,pvr channels, pvr records, pictures)
- added menucontrol for settings window
- added programs window MyPrograms.xml  (WIP, just copy/paste)
- added pictures window MyPics.xml (WIP, just copy/paste)

- fixed 'target' wasnt set as wished in widget shorcut editor
- fixed carelessly placed visible condition (loop in settings if no media scanned and want to leave)
- fixed some shortcut paths (android apps, addons / kodi programms,pvr channels, pvr records, pictures)
- fixed wrong used/missing iconbuttons (music osd, musicinfodialog, settings)

*misc code changes/cleanup, set reminders and placeholders*
    - try to order and sort important id
    - 7777 - profile container (home)
    - 9000 - global menucontrol !
    - 8999 - media/global? pre menucontrol (icon bar)
    - defined color reset includes - for later usage (global section/own section/preview window)
    - repacked xbt.'s

Matrix zip file -> Link
Thanx for the update. I really like this skin. So I tried to start using it on all my machines. I have switched to Emby-Addon with local databases to avoid the autoplay issue with EmbyCon. Also I have created two simple addons and edited the settimgs.xml manually to have them as entries in the main menu. One is to start my TV App (which I will have to use until you have integrated the LiveTV functions) and the other is to trigger a slideshow of certain pictures. A very tricky workaround. Actually it would have been much easier if the skin would offer custom entries for the main menu and the widgets. ;-)

Now I am looking forward to whatever updates you will bring :-))

Edit: Have three issues now: 
- Getting the popu message "Embuary Helper Error" at start and almost any time I try to play media. I have reinstalled the Matrix version of Embuary Helper several times, deleted the config-file etc. It did not change a thing. I have the error on all my four machines that I am currently running the skin on. Any ideas?
- The Pictures section in the main menu has covers as viewtype and it is unchangeable.  I think it would be best to have squares or fanart as a viewtype - fixed or selectable.
- Also Program widgets are forced to the poster viewtype (while squares would definitly make more sense). And all options (sort-order, limit etc.) are unselectable.
(2021-02-06, 22:59)fantasticn Wrote: Thanx for the update. I really like this skin. So I tried to start using it on all my machines. I have switched to Emby-Addon with local databases to avoid the autoplay issue with EmbyCon. Also I have created two simple addons and edited the settimgs.xml manually to have them as entries in the main menu. One is to start my TV App (which I will have to use until you have integrated the LiveTV functions) and the other is to trigger a slideshow of certain pictures. A very tricky workaround. Actually it would have been much easier if the skin would offer custom entries for the main menu and the widgets. ;-)

Now I am looking forward to whatever updates you will bring :-))

Edit: Have three issues now: 
- Getting the popu message "Embuary Helper Error" at start and almost any time I try to play media. I have reinstalled the Matrix version of Embuary Helper several times, deleted the config-file etc. It did not change a thing. I have the error on all my four machines that I am currently running the skin on. Any ideas?
- The Pictures section in the main menu has covers as viewtype and it is unchangeable.  I think it would be best to have squares or fanart as a viewtype - fixed or selectable.
- Also Program widgets are forced to the poster viewtype (while squares would definitly make more sense). And all options (sort-order, limit etc.) are unselectable.
OK.

For Custom entrys i see a intersting point...
I got an idea for that --- https://streamable.com/cg76v1

For the 'edited post entry' : thats caused by embuary helper issue -> unsure whats causing the error, but to slect some widget/main menu attributes embuary helper is used !

I had similiar issue while back on android - i installed lates KODI apk again.
(my issues was that repo wasnt avail even if network was fine and therefore Embuary helper could not be updated, may that helps)
@mardukL 
That's cool. If you already have the custom entries running then please post the update! Btw.: Any custom widgets would be apprecitated as well ;-)

Ok, I tried to reinstall Kodi. But that did not change a thing. Also I was already running the latest version (2.0.6) of Embuary Helper for Matrix. I tried the version from the repo as well as a direct download from Github (https://github.com/sualfred/script.embua...ree/matrix). No change. I always have the "Embuary Helper Error" popping up on all my machines. Music HUB does not play any song. Instead it always brings me the "Embuary Helper Error" when I klick on a song. I have attached a log in case you find the chance to look into it.

Edit: Problem ist solved. Seems there was something wrong with my addons. Maybe because I configured my Kodi setup in windows and then tranfered everything (addons and addon.data) to my Android machines. However, I totally deleted Kodi on my Android TV, installed it again and setup all addons from scratch (besides th settings for skin.shortcuts and SWAN). Now the errors are gone. So somehow you were right as to a reinstall ;-)
Pushed lil Update....

Changelog:
txt:
- changed / improved panel views (poster,landscape,square) - adjust layout when tags disabled
- changed / improved item focus animation list view (50)
- changed behaviour when toggle footer in media widndows[ slide animation, as compromise, as bottom 0 will require reload.skin() ]

- added ability to use executebuiltins for custom homemenu item entrys
- added ability to use custom target, path for homemenu / widget item entrys
- added option to disable tags for square panel view (54)
- added font/license - used Montserrat bold as clearlogo fallback font in title
- fixed : view circle (52) menucontrol dont slide out on menu exiting

- latest Matrix to install from zip LINK
@mardukL 

Many thanks for the update. Custom entries and custom widgets are very helpful. However, I am somehow struggeling with the system you implemented:

1. I wanted to add the command "StartAndroidActivity("com.einsundeinstv.player")" as a custom entry for the main menu. I used the new "CUSTOM a d v a n c e d)" feature, klicked on "Use executebuiltin(function, block) and entered the aforementioned command.  But "Set Entry" now shows the following command-line: ActivateWindows(,return)StartAndroidActivity("com.einsundeinstv.player"). It seems the ActivateWindow command is always shown as well as the (,retun) parameter. However, it seems to work anyway. The respective Android App is starting when I klick on the entry in the main menu.

Do we actually need all three possible options given under "CUSTOM (a d v a n c e d)"? I would assume that (executebuiltin) would do since you can add a "ActivateWindow"-command there anyway.

2. Also I did not get the function of "set target" in the "CUSTOM (a d v a n c e d)" section of the widget configuration. All that seems to work are path entries.

3. Music-HUB has a problem: When you start playing a song the navigation bar on the left slides out and the current playlist bar on the right slides in (at least if you press the "right"-button on your remote). Then you can easily have the current playlist bar slide back and the navigation bar come up again by pressing the "left" button on the remote.  However, if instead you exit the music HUB (while the current playlist bar is visible) and then return to it again, you cannot have the current playlist bar slide back and therefore the navigation bar will not come up again. You will not be able to navigate in the Music HUB section anymore until you restart Kodi or reload the skin.

4. Pictures section shows the picture folders (first level of the pictures section) only in cover view. The other levels at least are shown in list view (which is a bit more suitable with the correctly formatted preview on the left side). However, I think squares or fanarts would make the most sense for the pictures section.

So much for my feedback

PS. Just found out about the nice Netflix viewtype you implemented for TV-Shows. That is very cool!

Thanks again and keep up the good work!
(2021-02-09, 14:17)fantasticn Wrote: @mardukL

Many thanks for the update. Custom entries and custom widgets are very helpful. However, I am somehow struggeling with the system you implemented:

1. I wanted to add the command "StartAndroidActivity("com.einsundeinstv.player")" as a custom entry for the main menu. I used the new "CUSTOM a d v a n c e d)" feature, klicked on "Use executebuiltin(function, block) and entered the aforementioned command. But "Set Entry" now shows the following command-line: ActivateWindows(,return)StartAndroidActivity("com.einsundeinstv.player"). It seems the ActivateWindow command is always shown as well as the (,retun) parameter. However, it seems to work anyway. The respective Android App is starting when I klick on the entry in the main menu.

Do we actually need all three possible options given under "CUSTOM (a d v a n c e d)"? I would assume that (executebuiltin) would do since you can add a "ActivateWindow"-command there anyway.

2. Also I did not get the function of "set target" in the "CUSTOM (a d v a n c e d)" section of the widget configuration. All that seems to work are path entries.

3. Music-HUB has a problem: When you start playing a song the navigation bar on the left slides out and the current playlist bar on the right slides in (at least if you press the "right"-button on your remote). Then you can easily have the current playlist bar slide back and the navigation bar come up again by pressing the "left" button on the remote. However, if instead you exit the music HUB (while the current playlist bar is visible) and then return to it again, you cannot have the current playlist bar slide back and therefore the navigation bar will not come up again. You will not be able to navigate in the Music HUB section anymore until you restart Kodi or reload the skin.

4. Pictures section shows the picture folders (first level of the pictures section) only in cover view. The other levels at least are shown in list view (which is a bit more suitable with the correctly formatted preview on the left side). However, I think squares or fanarts would make the most sense for the pictures section.

So much for my feedback

PS. Just found out about the nice Netflix viewtype you implemented for TV-Shows. That is very cool!

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Hi, first, all are able to install the update via repo within kodi for all kodi versions (leia & matrix)
- Repo Link

1. The Labels shown at that place are not corrent, BUT THE ACTION WILL WORK Wink

2. how did you use use it ?
BE AWARE SOME windows are not defined or WIP in the skin.
This should work...https://kodi.wiki/view/Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs | https://kodi.wiki/view/Window_IDs

ActivateWindow(target)

This will take you directly to the settings section/window of xbmc:
ActivateWindow(Settings)

Some windows allow you to jump directly to a sub-section of that window. To do this, you can use either the sub-section's name or its path.

ActivateWindow(target,path)

ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles)
or
ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/titles/)

3. is on (the large) to do list
4. is on (the large) to do list
Hi, first, all are able to install the update via repo within kodi for all kodi versions (leia & matrix)

- Repo Direct Download link Link
@mardukL 

thanks for your reply.

As to No.1:
When I have the entry linked to any kind of addon or android app it seems like your call will not only start that specific addon or app but also jump into the respective folder (ActivateWindow?). At least when you close that addon or app you will find yourself not in main menu again but in the addons view. 

As to No.2:
Same as no. 1: E.g. if you have favorites or super favorites as a widget with addons or apps listed and you start one of those addons/apps, after you close it again you will not return to the main menu but to the addons view.

Thanks for your explanation. But I still don't get it. Both sections (path and target) will include parameters that you will call with the "ActivateWindow"-command, correct? So do we need these different sections anyway? Btw.: How does "ActivateWindow" work for a widget? And can you actually have a "target window" as a widget? I would assume you would always need a path with the items in such path shown as the widget. Also I had tried some of the Windows-IDs listed in the Kodi wiki ( https://kodi.wiki/view/Window_IDs ) as a "Target". But they all did not work.

as to No. 3 and 4:
Just take your time. I was just adding items to your list ;-)

And here we go with some more:
You have weather listed as a possible entry for the main menu. But it does not work. Also you cannot include it as a widget. I assume it is also not done yet.

Btw.: I am not tyring to put any pressure on you. So please excuse if I sound like that. It's just that now that I have installed SWAN on all my machines I somehow cannot wait for all the features to work ;-)

Again, thanks for your hard work and your support!
(2019-10-10, 16:20)mardukL Wrote:

HOME WIDGETS

NOTE:  at the current state you're not able to change the widget position afterwards ( e.g. move widget pos 1 to pos 5 )

PS:
Sorry for Typos & wrong Spelling
Very nice skin with a lot of great options.
Any idea when you will make it possible to change the widget position?
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022)3