• 101(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
Does DTS work now with latest firmware?
(2021-01-23, 16:51)crawfish Wrote:
(2021-01-23, 15:52)Drgit Wrote: Don't know if it'll help but I managed to get PCM by checking stéréo only in fire tv 4k audio setting. Now when I start KODI the audio output goes to RAW and i greyed out so I can't change it, but I lose passthrough.

If I understand correctly, fritsch recently switched back to int from float output so that Kodi on the new CCwGTV can do PCM, and I believe a side-effect is that you have to set the Fire Stick 4K to stereo to get PCM out of Kodi. Also, after setting it to stereo, I've found the stick is now limited to 5.1 channel PCM, whereas before, it could do 7.1. This is for Amazon OS 6.2.7.6 and earlier, as 6.2.7.7 is totally messed up.

Thank you, I'll try an older build.
(2021-01-25, 19:58)Roby77 Wrote: I bought two usb hub 3.0 + ethernet adapter

Cable Matter and Amazobasics
https://www.amazon.it/Cable-Matters-Supe...B073X66DFN
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07V7QSW4V/

Both use realtek 8153 chipset

Speed are good....about 360 down and 190 upload (via pc 950/190)

Chosen Amazonbasics due to metal case (better dissipation) and cable matters hub sometimes doesn't work correctly (maybe defective)

This is interesting ....
If I replace my current UGreen with this one, can I just reuse (plug in) my current USB thumbdrive which expand the internal storage?
Or do I need to redo it from the beginning?
(2021-01-26, 22:30)chratoc Wrote: Does DTS work now with latest firmware?
There's been a couple of minor updates and we are now at 6.2.7.7 (NS6277/3033)
(2021-01-30, 14:44)Kodroid Wrote:
(2021-01-26, 22:30)chratoc Wrote: Does DTS work now with latest firmware?
There's been a couple of minor updates and we are now at 6.2.7.7 (NS6277/3033)
Since I use this device almost exclusively for Kodi, I'm not worried about most of the features in the new OS.  Does anybody know which firmware works best for Kodi?
I have updated to V19 Beta2 to workaround the Audio passthrough problem, it did solve the audio passthrough problem by converting everything to DD+ but i could not use my addon which was working seamlessly in V18.
Anyone got a work around on this or can someone just a V18 Kodi build with firetv passthrough issue fixed so i can continue use my Video addons.

Thanks a bunch in advance.
Audio Passthrough for Dolby Digital does not work properly for me. The audio track gets out of sync after I pause and resume a video.
I use Kodi 19 RC1 on Fire TV Stick 4k. The debug log reads: Could not acquire timestamp
Any idea what I can do about it?

debug log
Hopefully someone can help me with playing surround sound on Kodi.

I can't get any of my media to play 5.1 audio either dolby digital or DTS on my Vizio soundbar which is connected by HDMI ARC.  We just moved last November and I just hooked up my Vizio soundbar via HDMI ARC.  My TV is a Vizio PQ65 F1.  I could have sworn I had surround sound working before cause I would go in to the VizioCast app and could see my audio playing as AC5.1.   

So I got everything hooked up again and couldn't get any 5.1 audio.  The VizioCast app always says AC2.0 audio.  If I play Netflix content I can see AC 5.1 in the Vizio cast app.  From this thread I read there is a problem now with multichannel audio.  

I tried Plex and also can't get 5.1 also.  I tried so many setting changes in Kodi and Plex and can't get surround sound.  

Can anyone tell me if my setting are correct?  FireTV 4k audio is set to Best Available and TV is is set to use AUTO for selecting audio.  In Kodi I checked 2.0 audio with allowing passthrough and checked every option. HOwever when I play the movie and If I change to allow pass through no audio is heard in the movie.  

Should I move to a Nvidia shield?  Really missing sourround sound effect.
(2021-02-06, 23:43)qubed Wrote: Can anyone tell me if my setting are correct?  FireTV 4k audio is set to Best Available and TV is is set to use AUTO for selecting audio.  In Kodi I checked 2.0 audio with allowing passthrough and checked every option. HOwever when I play the movie and If I change to allow pass through no audio is heard in the movie. 

Turn off DTS passthrough. Kodi will transcode to AC3 (if this option is on), which should work.
Possible new 4K stick.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2021-02-09, 18:48)hdmkv Wrote: Possible new 4K stick.

Sounds very likely considering the stick 4k is out of stock on Amazon US for some time.

Also, I noticed stocks getting low on Xiaomi Mi Box S and Apple TV so new models may be around the corner there too.

The old one has gone on sale again at amazon.co.uk/de might be trying to get rid of stock before they announce the new one
I will buy it only if they increase the RAM, storage, and a newer SOC. I doubt we will get all 3 but maybe those ad buttons will pay for what I want.
I don't need more storage. This is a streaming device which implicitly means that the media are stored somewhere else. Anyway, I assume storage will be expandable via usb for those who wants like the other sticks.

I'm not quite sure what newer SoC they could pick to avoid killing the already poorly performing (in terms of sales) Cube.
Storage isn't just for media... the paltry 8GB, of which there's only really like 5GB usable, is too little for apps and their data. Also, Amazon needs to increase RAM with their devices to help with performance.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3