• 25(current)
Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
Don't know. The files didn't stutter when I played them on my 4k TV (which supports HDR).
I just bought one for 55 Euros on sale. The 1080p limitation in Kodi is just for the GUI right? It seems it plays 4k files just fine.
(2021-02-12, 20:09)quacked Wrote: Don't know. The files didn't stutter when I played them on my 4k TV (which supports HDR).

Thanks anyway! I'm afraid the issue would be the same and is a total show stopper for me.
(2021-02-12, 20:22)meccs Wrote: I just bought one for 55 Euros on sale. The 1080p limitation in Kodi is just for the GUI right? It seems it plays 4k files just fine.

The limitation is playing back 2160p/4k/UHD HDR content on 1080p SDR displays (the HDR->SDR tone mapping and 2160p->1080p downscale cause Google's Android TV implementation issues - though the hardware should be capable no problem)
Ok thanks, one thing I didn't understand is: From what I've read the dive currently doesn't support multi channel PCM. So if I leave the audio settings in Kodi as they are and just change channels to 5.1 (which would result the output to be 5.1 LPCM), what does the Chromecast actually output? 2.0 PCM?
Quote:Yeah, as the reviews suggested: DTS, AC3, EAC3 is supported. And the good side multi-channel float is supported as well, means you can losslessly decode DTS-HD, TrueHD and output it as 7.1 LPCM without reducing the quality.
Or does this comment suggest that it would actually output multi channel LPCM if I set it in Kodi?
(2021-02-14, 10:41)meccs Wrote: Ok thanks, one thing I didn't understand is: From what I've read the dive currently doesn't support multi channel PCM. So if I leave the audio settings in Kodi as they are and just change channels to 5.1 (which would result the output to be 5.1 LPCM), what does the Chromecast actually output? 2.0 PCM?
Quote:Yeah, as the reviews suggested: DTS, AC3, EAC3 is supported. And the good side multi-channel float is supported as well, means you can losslessly decode DTS-HD, TrueHD and output it as 7.1 LPCM without reducing the quality.
Or does this comment suggest that it would actually output multi channel LPCM if I set it in Kodi?
The CCwGTV doesn't support multi-channel float, but Fritsch changed it back to int, and it works now, including Matrix RC. I set Kodi to 7.1 PCM, and that's what it outputs.
Has anyone tried Bluetooth headphones or speakers with the CCwGTV? It's a mess! I can't get Kodi Matrix to play over Bluetooth; it should switch automatically once I turn on my headphones like the Fire Stick 4K does, but it always plays through the AVR, despite messages appearing on screen that the headphones are connected, volume is being adjusted, etc. Other apps may or may not work; for example Youtube TV works, but Netflix may get stuck at 24% loading and not play video while the audio plays through Bluetooth. Others have discussed this Netflix issue online.
this is a kodi forum
is it?
not a google forum
(2021-03-05, 15:41)seru Wrote: this is a kodi forum
is it?
not a google forum

You already posted 6 previous times here, so I think you know where you are.
But honestly, do not continue to post bullshit messages. Otherwise we will be forced to tell you goodbye.
Is NFS broken in Kodi 19 Matrix on the CCGTV? I had it working with Kodi 18, it got upgraded to 19 automatically and now I can't browse NFS, it just hangs. Any ideas what to try to fix it, short of starting clean and redoing all settings?

Update: it is not an NFS issue. Rather the upgrade reset the "This directory contains" setting to None for all my sources. I had to go through each source and set the correct type and scraper, re-scan and it's all back now. I assume we want to use the latest The Movie Database Python version for movies and TMDb TV Shows for shows, rather than the older versions. Same thing happened on an AFTV4K device.
I've tried to play a movie with Kodi on my chromecast with no success...
No problem with the sound but picture is stuttering like hell, and it even gives me black screen most of the time.
This is the NFO from the file :

Any clue on why it doesn't work ?

PS: I'd like to replace my Pi4 LibreElec with kodi on chromecast because HDR does not work on Pi and I thought the chromecast was powerful enough to read that kind of content.

Thanks.
(2021-03-06, 18:19)sirmedia Wrote: <snip> Rather the upgrade reset the "This directory contains" setting to None for all my sources. I had to go through each source and set the correct type and scraper, re-scan and it's all back now. I assume we want to use the latest The Movie Database Python version for movies and TMDb TV Shows for shows, rather than the older versions. Same thing happened on an AFTV4K device.

Is there a bug here? All my sources got reset to "This directory contains: None" again.
(2021-03-09, 23:04)NeBouse Wrote: PS: I'd like to replace my Pi4 LibreElec with kodi on chromecast because HDR does not work on Pi and I thought the chromecast was powerful enough to read that kind of content.
FYI the latest nightly's add HDR support for the RPi4, its not perfect but shows progress is being made fairly rapidly. Not sure I'd go buying a chromecast just to get HDR support.
(2021-03-10, 07:05)PANiCnz Wrote:
(2021-03-09, 23:04)NeBouse Wrote: PS: I'd like to replace my Pi4 LibreElec with kodi on chromecast because HDR does not work on Pi and I thought the chromecast was powerful enough to read that kind of content.
FYI the latest nightly's add HDR support for the RPi4, its not perfect but shows progress is being made fairly rapidly. Not sure I'd go buying a chromecast just to get HDR support.
Nah, didn't buy it just to get HDR ^^ its first purpose is to watch TV (no antenna on my roof) and SVOD services.
But I just wanted to give a try at kodi on it, to see if I could get rid of one device...
I'm looking go to something to move away from my laptop and use to stream my local media. Does the new chromecast support smb if I was to install kodi on it ?
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0