• 38(current)
Release YouTube
hijya,

suddenly, after months of successful working with the YT-plugin and the API-keys google suddenly through me outta. I returned to install the nightly built for the Raspberry Pi 4 and updated all the plugins with skins, etc., went to login into youtube, there are no 2 attempts to login and codes anymore just one and the site isn't "rebelling" against kodi as a cloud project anymore. I can search for items, find my playlist but am unable to play any file (mpeg, opus, webm, aac...), telling me to check the log. Did so just writing "unable to play stream and the URL.! Updates didn't help at all. 

Any help is appreciated,

Lizbeth
@mutterhunt - your thread (the post above) has been merged into the YT addon support thread (this current one).

Just FYI in case you were wondering where it had gone.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Ran into an odd problem starting yesterday evening, although I'm pretty certain it's on YouTube's end and not Kodi's.  Just thought I'd see if anyone had a suggestion here.

Everything was working fine through most of yesterday on my primary Kodi Windows machine.  Then I removed a couple videos from a playlist, but whenever I'd load that playlist, the changes weren't updated.  No matter what I've done to add/remove videos from my playlists, they're not updated in the add-on since yesterday evening.  At first I thought it was the add-on not querying the playlist info for updates, but then I tried loading my playlist on a separate machine (LibreElec on a Pi) and get the identical non-updated playlist info, even though I haven't loaded the YouTube app on that machine in quite a while.  So the problem isn't the add-on not asking for the info, it's YouTube returning out of date playlist info from my account.  

Any ideas?  This seems pretty weird and I don't think I've run into it before.
(2021-02-15, 22:40)NeoCortex Wrote: Ran into an odd problem starting yesterday evening, although I'm pretty certain it's on YouTube's end and not Kodi's.  Just thought I'd see if anyone had a suggestion here.

Yep, having similar problems in relation to Watch Later.

First my watched videos started not 'auto removing' and now new videos added to Watch Later won't appear in Kodi. They ARE added to Watch Later on YouTube.com though.

I guess Google are messing with the API Eek
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-02-16, 00:23)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-02-15, 22:40)NeoCortex Wrote: Ran into an odd problem starting yesterday evening, although I'm pretty certain it's on YouTube's end and not Kodi's.  Just thought I'd see if anyone had a suggestion here.

First my watched videos started not 'auto removing' and now new videos added to Watch Later won't appear in Kodi. They ARE added to Watch Later on YouTube.com though.

hmmmm.... look, what's new here in this case: https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...issues/187 I opened an issue for the new 19 matrix release alpha3 (daily nightly built) with a error log --- no reply beside the developer of the plugin yet. Tried with a fundamental ARM Manjaro built but not being able to build the new version as a lack of support besides the manjaro-team (no support for 19-dev in aarch64 it writes.) trying the way with kali (debian based) and trying again to install and upgrade kodi to matrix again. Plz. see the log at the GitHub issue (I couldn't CTRL-C and CTRL-V in ssh terminal, this is why it is on pastebin.) 

Somebody able here to "speak" phyton3?

Lizbeth
Version 6.8.9, it does not work:

Code:

2021-02-16 20:16:46.041 T:4065460240   ERROR: Control 55 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
2021-02-16 20:17:00.301 T:3522061184   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'requests.exceptions.InvalidURL'>
                                            Error Contents: Invalid URL u'http://': No host supplied
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/runner.py", line 60, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 33, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 105, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/register_provider_path.py", line 19, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/provider.py", line 767, in on_play
                                                return yt_play.play_video(self, context)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/yt_play.py", line 50, in play_video
                                                video_streams = client.get_video_streams(context, video_id)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/youtube.py", line 104, in get_video_streams
                                                video_streams = video_info.load_stream_infos(video_id)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 515, in load_stream_infos
                                                return self._method_get_video_info(video_id)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 911, in _method_get_video_info
                                                license_info.get('url'))
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 1216, in generate_mpd
                                                url = ''.join([url, sig_param, cipher.get_signature(stream_map['s'])])
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/signature/cipher.py", line 32, in get_signature
                                                json_script = function_cache.get(FunctionCache.ONE_DAY, self._load_json_script, self._javascript_url)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/utils/function_cache.py", line 108, in get
                                                cached_data = partial_func()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/signature/cipher.py", line 52, in _load_json_script
                                                result = requests.get(url, headers=headers, verify=self._verify, allow_redirects=True)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/api.py", line 75, in get
                                                return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/api.py", line 60, in request
                                                return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 519, in request
                                                prep = self.prepare_request(req)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 462, in prepare_request
                                                hooks=merge_hooks(request.hooks, self.hooks),
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/models.py", line 313, in prepare
                                                self.prepare_url(url, params)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/models.py", line 390, in prepare_url
                                                raise InvalidURL("Invalid URL %r: No host supplied" % url)
                                            InvalidURL: Invalid URL u'http://': No host supplied
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Is there any fix?

And suddenly mine is working as normal again.  Was still acting up this morning, but is now reflecting updates to my playlist fine.  Google is probably monkeying with some part of the API lately, I guess.  You should probably check yours again and see if it's behaving itself now.
(2021-02-16, 22:50)NeoCortex Wrote:

And suddenly mine is working as normal again.  Was still acting up this morning, but is now reflecting updates to my playlist fine.  Google is probably monkeying with some part of the API lately, I guess.  You should probably check yours again and see if it's behaving itself now.

Yeah, mine is kind of working again. First partially earlier, and now seemingly normal again. I've seen this happen in the past occasionally too. I agree that it seems to be Google messing with the API.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-02-16, 21:25)giaur Wrote: Version 6.8.9, it does not work:

Code:

2021-02-16 20:16:46.041 T:4065460240   ERROR: Control 55 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
2021-02-16 20:17:00.301 T:3522061184   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'requests.exceptions.InvalidURL'>
                                            Error Contents: Invalid URL u'http://': No host supplied
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/runner.py", line 60, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 33, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 105, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/register_provider_path.py", line 19, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/provider.py", line 767, in on_play
                                                return yt_play.play_video(self, context)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/yt_play.py", line 50, in play_video
                                                video_streams = client.get_video_streams(context, video_id)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/youtube.py", line 104, in get_video_streams
                                                video_streams = video_info.load_stream_infos(video_id)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 515, in load_stream_infos
                                                return self._method_get_video_info(video_id)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 911, in _method_get_video_info
                                                license_info.get('url'))
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 1216, in generate_mpd
                                                url = ''.join([url, sig_param, cipher.get_signature(stream_map['s'])])
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/signature/cipher.py", line 32, in get_signature
                                                json_script = function_cache.get(FunctionCache.ONE_DAY, self._load_json_script, self._javascript_url)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/utils/function_cache.py", line 108, in get
                                                cached_data = partial_func()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/signature/cipher.py", line 52, in _load_json_script
                                                result = requests.get(url, headers=headers, verify=self._verify, allow_redirects=True)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/api.py", line 75, in get
                                                return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/api.py", line 60, in request
                                                return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 519, in request
                                                prep = self.prepare_request(req)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 462, in prepare_request
                                                hooks=merge_hooks(request.hooks, self.hooks),
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/models.py", line 313, in prepare
                                                self.prepare_url(url, params)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/models.py", line 390, in prepare_url
                                                raise InvalidURL("Invalid URL %r: No host supplied" % url)
                                            InvalidURL: Invalid URL u'http://': No host supplied
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Is there any fix?

Install 6.8.10-dev and make sure you choose the correct one for your version of Kodi.
Same error here...

https://paste.kodi.tv/eveqiyavet.kodi

Any solutions?

Thanks
Thumbs Up 
(2021-02-15, 12:55)WeirdH Wrote:
(2021-02-11, 06:54)anxdpanic Wrote: I've updated post #2 and the repositories with 6.8.10~alpha1
Code:
[fix] fix javascript player retrieval and playback of some videos for affected users |contrib: thomazz-nl|
    - Invalid URL 'http://': No host supplied

Another great fix, thanks a bunch!
Yes, thank you for your work on this addon.
(2021-02-17, 00:14)mambro Wrote: Same error here...

Any solutions?

Try this:
In Youtube plugin Settings -> Maintenance -> Delete access_manager.json

jonib
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
(2021-02-17, 03:41)jonib Wrote:
(2021-02-17, 00:14)mambro Wrote: Same error here...

Any solutions?

Try this:
In Youtube plugin Settings -> Maintenance -> Delete access_manager.json

jonib
It works Wink

Thanks a lot jonib
(2021-02-16, 23:25)blueribb Wrote: Install 6.8.10-dev and make sure you choose the correct one for your version of Kodi.

Thank you!!!
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0