Release Home Assistant Kodi Addon (HAKA!)
HAKA!

This is an Home Assistant Kodi Addon (HAKA!)

Prerequisites:
- Home Assistant 2021.2.1 or higher (older versions have a different API)
- Kodi 18 or Kodi 19

Installation

1. Download the addon from the official Kodi addon repository (Kodi 19 - Matrix) or from Github ( Kodi 18 - Leia)

2. In Home Assistant navigate to your profile (bottom icon in the side-menu).

3. Scroll down and generate a long life token (long live the tokens!).

4. Write down the token / carve it in a stone / memorize / use a carrier pigeon and send it to yourself or.... just copy the token.

5. Launch Kodi >> Add-ons >> Get More >> .. >> Install from zip file

6. Enter your Home Assistant IP and port (i.e. https://myfancypansyhainstallation.duckdns.org:8123)

7. Enter the token obtained in step four (don't forget to release the pigeon if you used one)

8. Set up the domains you would like to browse from your couch.

Enjoy!

Features

The following domains are supported:
- Automations (toggle)
- Camera (view)
- Climate (toggle)
- Fan (toggle)
- Group (toggle)
- Light (toggle)
- Persons (no action)
- Scene (turn on)
- Script (turn on)
- Sensor (no action)
- Switch (toggle)
- Vacuum (start, stop, return to base, locate)

HAKA! Favorites

Add home assistant entities in a favorites folder which can be added to Kodi main menu in form of tiles, widget or whatever you want to name them. See the example of HAKA! favorites when using the Embuary skin below.

Change log

Version 1.2.0 (2021-10-13)
- Camera support (view picture of HA camera's)
- Fan support (toggle)
- Fixed issue: Crash when friendly name is not available

Version 1.1.0 (2021-02-24)
- Kodi Matrix support
- HAKA! Favorites section added (add items via context menu)
- Extra sensor icons and sensor attributes as label
- Persons domain added
- Navigate to settings from within addon menu
- Sort items by friendly name by default
- Fixed issue: Items in Kodi main menu keep refreshing
- Fixed issue: Not ascii characters give errors when generating label

Version 1.0.1 (2020-10-23)
- Debug logging added

Version 1.0.0 (2020-10-22)
- First release!
This looks great! You should submit to the Kodi repo so its easier for installation!
(2021-02-20, 00:35)keith Wrote: This looks great! You should submit to the Kodi repo so its easier for installation!

Thanks, yes I considder submitting it to the Kodi repo but I think I`ll wait for Kodi 19 to be released (as I dont want to maintain 2 versions). Beside that I think I`ll carry out quite some changes in the coming period so I dont considder it that stable yet.
(2021-02-20, 12:18)Jasper_H585 Wrote: but I think I`ll wait for Kodi 19 to be released

That was yesterday Wink
(2021-02-20, 12:34)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 12:18)Jasper_H585 Wrote: but I think I`ll wait for Kodi 19 to be released

That was yesterday Wink
Kodi Matrix version is on Github.
(2021-02-20, 12:18)Jasper_H585 Wrote:  
(2021-02-20, 00:35)keith Wrote: This looks great! You should submit to the Kodi repo so its easier for installation!

The Kodi Matrix version is in the official Kodi addon repository Smile
This is great! Closing the blinds with my tv remote when I am already on the sofa does not have a price! Thanks!
(2021-03-12, 01:52)denix Wrote: This is great! Closing the blinds with my tv remote when I am already on the sofa does not have a price! Thanks!
Thanks! Blush
Coiol , just found this one
However , whats the difference with running the other way around?
Controlling kodi from HA?

Anyway
I'm running kodi on shield
Any idea how i can easily copy the token from home assistant? Its quit long, i have it on my laptop but how to copy and paste to shield lol
(2021-04-04, 17:48)Skank Wrote: However , whats the difference with running the other way around?
The difference is in the entities you control and the place where you control it. So image yourself turn on a light or start your vacuum from your tv / shield without the need to grab your phone / laptop. 
Quote:Any idea how i can easily copy the token from home assistant? Its quit long, i have it on my laptop but how to copy and paste to shield lol
If you have the web interface of Kodi installed (Like Chorus or any other) you can open that in your browser and copy paste the token from HA to Kodi (regardless if its shield or any other platform)
(2021-04-06, 12:27)Jasper_H585 Wrote:
(2021-04-04, 17:48)Skank Wrote: However , whats the difference with running the other way around?
The difference is in the entities you control and the place where you control it. So image yourself turn on a light or start your vacuum from your tv / shield without the need to grab your phone / laptop. 
Quote:Any idea how i can easily copy the token from home assistant? Its quit long, i have it on my laptop but how to copy and paste to shield lol
If you have the web interface of Kodi installed (Like Chorus or any other) you can open that in your browser and copy paste the token from HA to Kodi (regardless if its shield or any other platform)
I do have chorus
However i cant get into the settings of the  addon through chorus
Sad
Otherwise that would rock indeed
You can copy/paste such tokens directly into the addons settings file, if your Kodi device has an access route like SSH or similar terminal.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-04-06, 14:29)DarrenHill Wrote: You can copy/paste such tokens directly into the addons settings file, if your Kodi device has an access route like SSH or similar terminal.
Can you help me with that on shield?
Edit:
Just found this
For add-ons you don't need to SHH, just use the built in SMB on the Shield and from a PC navigate to /internal/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/ then open the add-on folder and edit what ever you need to.

And this
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/...a%20server
Will look for the settings file

I editted the file from
Code:
<settings>
    <category label="30001">
        <setting id="haServer" type="text" label="30002" default="https://myfancypancyhainstallation.duckdns.org:8123" />
        <setting id="haToken" type="text" label="30003"  />
    </category>
    <category label="30004">
        <setting id="importAutomations" type="bool" label="30005" default="true" />
        <setting id="importClimate" type="bool" label="30006" default="true" />
        <setting id="importGroups" type="bool" label="30007" default="true" />
        <setting id="importLights" type="bool" label="30008" default="true" />
        <setting id="importPersons" type="bool" label="30014" default="true" />
        <setting id="importScenes" type="bool" label="30009" default="true" />
        <setting id="importScripts" type="bool" label="30010" default="true" />
        <setting id="importSensors" type="bool" label="30011" default="true" />
        <setting id="importSwitches" type="bool" label="30012" default="true" />
        <setting id="importVacuums" type="bool" label="30013" default="true" />
    </category>
    <category label="30017">
        <setting id="useFavourites" type="bool" label="30018" default="true"/>
    </category>
    <category label="30015">
        <setting id="logEnabled" type="bool" label="30016" default="true"/>
    </category>        
</settings>

to code
Code:
<settings>
    <category label="30001">
        <setting id="haServer" type="text" label="30002" default="https://myfancypancyhainstallation.duckdns.org:8123" />
        <setting id="haToken" type="text" label="30003" default="xxxxxxxxxxx" />
    </category>
    <category label="30004">
        <setting id="importAutomations" type="bool" label="30005" default="true" />
        <setting id="importClimate" type="bool" label="30006" default="true" />
        <setting id="importGroups" type="bool" label="30007" default="true" />
        <setting id="importLights" type="bool" label="30008" default="true" />
        <setting id="importPersons" type="bool" label="30014" default="true" />
        <setting id="importScenes" type="bool" label="30009" default="true" />
        <setting id="importScripts" type="bool" label="30010" default="true" />
        <setting id="importSensors" type="bool" label="30011" default="true" />
        <setting id="importSwitches" type="bool" label="30012" default="true" />
        <setting id="importVacuums" type="bool" label="30013" default="true" />
    </category>
    <category label="30017">
        <setting id="useFavourites" type="bool" label="30018" default="true"/>
    </category>
    <category label="30015">
        <setting id="logEnabled" type="bool" label="30016" default="true"/>
    </category>        
</settings>

and restarted but no go
Exactly what I was about to suggest to try, although it's somewhat cumbersome and awkward too.

I'd expect there are SSH server apk's for Android, but whether they work well or indeed if they would do the job with access to the relevant files I have no idea. I don't own an Android box (but use SSH on my Pi's to set up such tokens, including one for this addon).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
updated the settings but it doesnt work? see above

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home Assistant Kodi Addon (HAKA!)0