• 101(current)
Release Google Drive for KODI
I've been getting an API ban for 24 hours. I don't share my files with anyone and I use the .strm files to play. I watched a 4K remux file and got a ban. It will show "One or more item failed to play check log for more information" if I try playing them and this will disappear after 24 hours. Today I logged in to my google drive with a web browser and try to play the same file and it plays fine, but when I try to download that file it tells me "Download Quota Exceeded for this file, so you can't download it at this time"

Again I'm the content owner and I don't share it with anyone.

Any idea why? Thank you!!
Kodi needs to get metadata from the video before downloading it completely, so kodi makes multiple requests of the file before actually start to playing it. And even though the first requests are only for few bytes, google counts those requests as a complete download. And if your file is 4k or a big file, you have the perfect combination for a play or download ban.
You can avoid the ban by playing a transcoded version of your video as I have said before. That is the equivalent as playing your file from your browser.

Looks like there is a way to force kodi to download the file only once, but that would force the a addon to be a proxy between the device and the google servers. That would require a major change, and I have doubts about the performance impact.
It could happen in a distant future tho, unless somebody weights in and contribute with the change. It is basically the same change required to bring back the source mode.
(2021-01-18, 19:33)cguZZMan Wrote: Kodi needs to get metadata from the video before downloading it completely, so kodi makes multiple requests of the file before actually start to playing it. And even though the first requests are only for few bytes, google counts those requests as a complete download. And if your file is 4k or a big file, you have the perfect combination for a play or download ban.
You can avoid the ban by playing a transcoded version of your video as I have said before. That is the equivalent as playing your file from your browser.

Looks like there is a way to force kodi to download the file only once, but that would force the a addon to be a proxy between the device and the google servers. That would require a major change, and I have doubts about the performance impact.
It could happen in a distant future tho, unless somebody weights in and contribute with the change. It is basically the same change required to bring back the source mode.
If I use rclone for now will it solve the problem?
No. Although rclone can be setup as a proxy, what I read in some post is about serving a header to kodi with info about the video. Anyway, it is not confirmed yet.
Hi, today when I started Kodi the add-on started updating every single file and folder on my google drive. In reality nothing had changed since I used Kodi last night except I added 3 new tv episodes. This also happened about 2 months ago for no reason. It's obvious a laborious process to suffer through when nothing has changed.

Thanks for your efforts, I just wanted to let you know this was happening. I do not update logs due to privacy.
Hi, Contrary to what is written in the preamble, it is perfectly possible to use Google drive as a source from a Kodi installed on the PC hosting the Google drive virtual disk. On the other hand, this seems impossible from a Kodi installed on an android TV. (message "invalid argument"). Is there a solution or will it be available in the near future?
Sorry if this has been answered but cannot find it.Trying to add account to Google Drive/Kodi on the newish Nvidia Shield bur keeps telling me the code is invalid because the Source id code is different on the Kodi screen to the one on my iPAD from which I am using to go onto the website.Any idea how I can rectify it?
If I play mp4 DV through the add-on (.strm) the video will pause like crazy, but if I download it and play it locally it plays smooth.
No issue with mkv DV. Any ideas why? Thank you!
(2021-02-20, 10:46)ScratchInside Wrote: If I play mp4 DV through the add-on (.strm) the video will pause like crazy, but if I download it and play it locally it plays smooth.

i have same issue like this, kodi 19.0, google drive addon 1.4.10
(2021-02-20, 12:52)iatebes Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 10:46)ScratchInside Wrote: If I play mp4 DV through the add-on (.strm) the video will pause like crazy, but if I download it and play it locally it plays smooth.

i have same issue like this, kodi 19.0, google drive addon 1.4.10
does the addon officially support on Kodi-19?
@cguZZMan 

Hello,

Updated to Kodi 19 and i can't play any files added to my library via .strm

log here:

https://paste.kodi.tv/unofevosef
Another log

https://paste.kodi.tv/tavexineme
Does anyone have an idea of what sort of files i need to get the addon to let me stream in various formats/resolution?

When i tried the addon for the first time a while ago it would ask me to choose my preferred resolution.

Now it doesn't at all, it just plays the original.

I ticked the option to get it to ask in the addon settings but it never gives me the option anymore

does this have anything to do with the files themselves?   what type of file/encoding should i aim for to get this.  its very important and useful to me because of bandwidth and data caps
I need a log file with debug info to check any issue.
@cguZZMan 

Recently, the addon does not update changes over cloud. The google drive watching changes is staying at 0%.
Tried both on Leia & Matrix. But still the same. Everything work (eg. playing from existing strm file & playing manually by browsing through the addon) except it does not update changes happen in the cloud.
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Drive for KODI7