Time and Date at the top - how remove
How do I remove the time and date at the top? Like how do I remove the whole top bar? Or if not possible at leat'st the time and date.

I've been searching for a solution for a long time and have only ended up with really old soultions or solutions that only works with other skins.Undecided

I do apologize if I have missed the solution on the forum but my brain and ability to think is not working after all the time searching for a solution, my eyes are beeling of xlm files and small writing on the internet. Confused
I always want to find solutions myself(wich has lead to a lot of un- and reinstallation, lol..) but I can't find how to do it on Amber and I love this skin and don't want to change it.
(2021-02-20, 16:01)Lynx999 Wrote: How do I remove the time and date at the top? Like how do I remove the whole top bar? Or if not possible at leat'st the time and date.

I've been searching for a solution for a long time and have only ended up with really old soultions or solutions that only works with other skins.Undecided

I do apologize if I have missed the solution on the forum but my brain and ability to think is not working after all the time searching for a solution, my eyes are beeling of xlm files and small writing on the internet. Confused
I always want to find solutions myself(wich has lead to a lot of un- and reinstallation, lol..) but I can't find how to do it on Amber and I love this skin and don't want to change it.
@Lynx999 , it is not possible at the moment to remove the top bar from the main menu window, but you can remove it from all other windows.  Go to Settings, Skin Settings, Title Bar Options, and set "Hide Title Bar on Sub Windows" to Yes.

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for, or would you also want to remove the top bar from the main menu window.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
@Lynx999 , I have also added an option to hide the top bar from the main window.  The changes are already on GitHub.  You can find the new setting here:

Please let me know if you are able to update from GitHub.  If not, please wait a couple of days and I will upload a new version to the Amber repos.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-02-23, 17:27)bsoriano Wrote: @Lynx999 , I have also added an option to hide the top bar from the main window.  The changes are already on GitHub.  You can find the new setting here:

Please let me know if you are able to update from GitHub.  If not, please wait a couple of days and I will upload a new version to the Amber repos.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Bart,

Was testing your File Manager font fix so had a look at this one as well (hope you don't mind, Lynx999...). In my config the title bar in the main window can now be fully disabled if the menu setting is set to "Yes".

I do have related question on the date / time contents of the title bar: why is the content on the right of the main title bar different than the content of the submenu title bar?

Example for today:
- Main title bar: weather icon   temperature  .  TUESDAY, 23 FEBRUARY 2021  .  22:08
- Submenu bar: weather icon   temperature  .  22:08

For consistency would it be possible to display the full date on the submenu title bar as well and / or make the separate items an option (as is already the case with the weather info)?
Nvidia Shield Pro, Kodi 21.0 Omega, Arctic Zephyr Reloaded

(2021-02-23, 23:15)RyFeR Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 17:27)bsoriano Wrote: @Lynx999 , I have also added an option to hide the top bar from the main window.  The changes are already on GitHub.  You can find the new setting here:

Regards,

Bart
Bart,

Was testing your File Manager font fix so had a look at this one as well (hope you don't mind, Lynx999...). In my config the title bar in the main window can now be fully disabled if the menu setting is set to "Yes".

I do have related question on the date / time contents of the title bar: why is the content on the right of the main title bar different than the content of the submenu title bar?

Example for today:
- Main title bar: weather icon   temperature  .  TUESDAY, 23 FEBRUARY 2021  .  22:08
- Submenu bar: weather icon   temperature  .  22:08

For consistency would it be possible to display the full date on the submenu title bar as well and / or make the separate items an option (as is already the case with the weather info)?
@RyFeR , thanks for pointing this out.  I guess I never noticed.  I will look into this tomorrow.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
@RyFeR , I have pushed the changes to GitHub already.  Now the time/date looks the same in the main menu and all other windows.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Thank you so very much.

I had to take a break from all work on Kodi (or Xbmc as I still call it, me being stubborn, lol..) and now when I decided to work on it again I checked the forum to find your replies and got so happy I even said 'wo hoo' loud Blush 

Thank you for your help and all the work
(2021-02-23, 17:27)bsoriano Wrote: Please let me know if you are able to update from GitHub.  If not, please wait a couple of days and I will upload a new version to the Amber repos.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Unfortunal I can't get the GitHUb to work, so I will wait until you have uploaded it to the Amber Repos.
Again thank you
(2021-02-24, 14:10)Lynx999 Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 17:27)bsoriano Wrote: Please let me know if you are able to update from GitHub.  If not, please wait a couple of days and I will upload a new version to the Amber repos.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Unfortunal I can't get the GitHUb to work, so I will wait until you have uploaded it to the Amber Repos.
Again thank you
@Lynx999 , no worries! I will upload a new version before the weekend.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-02-24, 00:21)bsoriano Wrote: @RyFeR , I have pushed the changes to GitHub already.  Now the time/date looks the same in the main menu and all other windows.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Confirmed the info on the right side of the top row is now the same (main screen / sub menu), thx for the quick fix!

Did see something else with this (and yesterday's) version of the skin: When auto-play next episode is enabled, the seekbar with the episode info is not shown anymore when the next episode starts. It is still displayed when the first episode (or movie) starts. I had an older version of the zip dated 09-02-2021 which I temporarily reverted back to, in this version the seek bar + episode info is displayed for the second episode. Installed the latest version again and the seekbar + info is only showed for the starting episode (or movie), not the second episode.

Was there a recent change related to the seekbar behaviour?

(2021-02-24, 19:53)RyFeR Wrote:
(2021-02-24, 00:21)bsoriano Wrote: @RyFeR , I have pushed the changes to GitHub already.  Now the time/date looks the same in the main menu and all other windows.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Confirmed the info on the right side of the top row is now the same (main screen / sub menu), thx for the quick fix!

Did see something else with this (and yesterday's) version of the skin: When auto-play next episode is enabled, the seekbar with the episode info is not shown anymore when the next episode starts. It is still displayed when the first episode (or movie) starts. I had an older version of the zip dated 09-02-2021 which I temporarily reverted back to, in this version the seek bar + episode info is displayed for the second episode. Installed the latest version again and the seekbar + info is only showed for the starting episode (or movie), not the second episode.

@RyFeR , could you please try the latest from GitHub? I made some changes to the seek bar that should fix this issue.  Please let me know if it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-02-27, 00:01)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-24, 19:53)RyFeR Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

@RyFeR , could you please try the latest from GitHub? I made some changes to the seek bar that should fix this issue.  Please let me know if it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Confirmed the seekbar for the next episode is now again showing correctly after your fix.

You're the best!

(2021-02-27, 01:17)RyFeR Wrote:
(2021-02-27, 00:01)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-02-24, 19:53)RyFeR Wrote: Hi Bart,

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Confirmed the seekbar for the next episode is now again showing correctly after your fix.

You're the best!
Hi Bart,

Last thing about the seekbar I hope... Just noticed that when pressing "Info" the information about the current movie / episode is displayed but the seekbar is not. In the previous builds (09-02-2021 and before) the seekbar was displayed together with the info. Can you restore this behavior?

I finally got it to work  Big Grin

I once again want to say thank you for all the work that you do so that the rest of us that aren't as talented can enjoy this beautiful skin.
So thank you
(2021-03-03, 13:46)Lynx999 Wrote: I finally got it to work  Big Grin

I once again want to say thank you for all the work that you do so that the rest of us that aren't as talented can enjoy this beautiful skin.
So thank you
@Lynx999 , I am very glad that you got it working, and thank you for your kind words.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Time and Date at the top - how remove0