• 40(current)
Release YouTube
(2021-02-24, 18:27)weaverdr Wrote: One of my systems running KODI 19.0 gets an error "YouTube Error Check log for more information". The YouTube version is 6.8.9+matrix.1 and the error is on every item I try to run. The log is at https://paste.kodi.tv/egewituwuz.
Thanks

The latest version is 6.8.10
(2020-09-07, 19:54)anxdpanic Wrote: Latest in-development version: 6.8.10-dev
Wiki: Installation#in-development-versions
Changelog:
Code:
~alpha1
[fix] fix javascript player retrieval and playback of some videos for affected users |contrib: thomazz-nl|
- Invalid URL 'http://': No host supplied

Hi anxdpanic,

thank you for developing Youtube addon and fixing issues so fast, you are doing a great work. Do you have an estimate day when will you release official version 6.8.10? RIght now I cannot watch Youtube videos on Kodi but I like to keep "stable" releases, so if it would be just a few days/weeks I could wait for a stable release.

Thank you again.
(2021-02-24, 20:24)blueribb Wrote:
(2021-02-24, 18:27)weaverdr Wrote: One of my systems running KODI 19.0 gets an error "YouTube Error Check log for more information". The YouTube version is 6.8.9+matrix.1 and the error is on every item I try to run. The log is at https://paste.kodi.tv/egewituwuz.
Thanks

The latest version is 6.8.10
6.8.10 fixed it.
Thanks
(2021-02-24, 21:28)MaXtreeM Wrote: Right now I cannot watch Youtube videos on Kodi but I like to keep "stable" releases

I wouldn't be concerned. I'm using YouTube daily with the latest Alpha version and don't notice any issues.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-02-24, 14:22)starkman Wrote: Hey there !
I'm still confused as to what I should do to get back the Watch Later option / playlist on my (CoreElec) Kodi 18.9 setup with the 6.8.10~Alpha 1 Youtube add-on version.
Any ideas ?
In case anyone else has the same issue (Watch Later playlist not shown) here is a solution:

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../issues/69

Quote:Sign in Google Takeout (https://takeout.google.com) with your google profile.
You can deselect everything and then only select YouTube. Then only select playlists.
Export and download the zip file.
Open the file 
Watch later.csv
 in a textpad or similar text editor, and then copy the playlist id code (PLXXXXXXXXXXXXX).
Open userdata > addon_data > plugin.video.youtube > access_manager.json
Paste the playlist id copied above to 
"watch_later": "PLXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
Restart Kodi
Alternately you can enter the Watch later playlist id code into Kodi YouTube Addon > Settings > Folders > Custom Watch Later ID
6.8.10 alpha 1 on 18.9 Leia Windows
I got bored with "Recommendations" not updating so I deleted my manually created playlist
that I had set as history and created a new one.
However, when setting the newly created playlist as history I get the message "playlist id not found"
everytime I finish a video, when it's supposed to get added to history.
Any remedy for this?
Perhaps there is a way to get the newly created id somewhere and paste it in the history folder settings.....
//EDIT
Odd, after 24 hours it started working again by itself.?
A tip, If you open youtubes playlist settings in the browser, you can set the playlist order for newly added videos to the top of the list for the chosen history list.
It then mimics the behaviour of "the old" history more accurately.
Perhaps that even make recommendations update, haven't tested long enough
to see if it works better.
Deleting the history list will erase all recommendations.
Hello guys!
I'm sorry, I missed something about the History item: it requires a playlist ID. So I created a playlist named "History" and gave that ID. But what I got is just the content of the list, not my real history. What am I missing?
Thanks!
Windows 11 x64 | Kodi 19 | Developer of Orange TV addon
I use kodi (now version matrix) and use youtube addon (now version 6.8.10+matrix.1) to see trailers in my movies library.

I can see most of the trailers with Portuguese subtitles using the YouTube add-on (some of them hardcoded in the video).
When they are not hardcoded: I cant select Portuguese subtitles by default in the youtube addon settings and I need to select the "ask" option so that I can select Portuguese subtitle in a vast list of languages everytime I choose to see a trailer..

I want my native language automatically selected. Is there a way?
I only have this options:
- Ask
- en with en-US (fallback)
- en-US

How can I add Pt-pt or Pt-br?

Tks!
I'm using the latest version (6.8.10) on rpi4 and can't play any live video. Log says:

Code:
skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=xxxxxxxxxxxx
I am having issues with youtube art not showing up in widgets, anyone else having this issue or a suggestion?
So I have upgraded to latest version of Kodi. 
So for youtube when I go to the Api page in my browser, I am told the api is already enabled.
I'm not quiet sure what I do after that. I have the option to manage or try this api.
@irish66 - your post/thread above has been merged into the YouTube addon support thread (this one).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I've recently started having an issue with Youtube in that it was reporting that there was no stream available.
This issue also started on my kids android tablets using Newpipe where it was reporting that there was suspicious activity on my network and would ask me to complete a Captcha which I've done.

I'm at a loss on how I could do this on Kodi as it's going be the same problem.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Relevant log entry
Full logs to the paste site please, not cut down snippets.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-03-03, 19:51)DarrenHill Wrote: Full logs to the paste site please, not cut down snippets.
Apologies

Full Log tile
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0