Release NewsmaxTV

Available from my beta repo and the Official Kodi repository.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Will there be a version compatible with v19?
(2021-02-23, 09:48)grendizer Wrote: Will there be a version compatible with v19?

The Newsmax TV Addon is not working as of today for Kodi version 18.9 and is not compatible with Kodi version 19.  Will this addon be updated for working with either version of Kodi?
(2021-02-26, 22:28)KookaBoy Wrote: The Newsmax TV Addon is not working as of today for Kodi version 18.9 and is not compatible with Kodi version 19.  Will this addon be updated for working with either version of Kodi?
Alternatively, you can just open up Newsmax through YouTube plugin on Kodi, and then go to Live, then add it to your Favorites. Once you do that, you can then add it as a shortcut. Newsmax is 100% free. so you really don't need the addon.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-02-26, 23:52)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-02-26, 22:28)KookaBoy Wrote: The Newsmax TV Addon is not working as of today for Kodi version 18.9 and is not compatible with Kodi version 19.  Will this addon be updated for working with either version of Kodi?
Alternatively, you can just open up Newsmax through YouTube plugin on Kodi, and then go to Live, then add it to your Favorites. Once you do that, you can then add it as a shortcut. Newsmax is 100% free. so you really don't need the addon.

Regards,

Shedrock

Thanks!  However the simplicity of the newsmax addon was appreciated.  It seemed unrelated before, but new changes to youtube addon ... "Youtube: accessNotConfigured" makes it more complicated to set up youtube in Kodi now.  It took less time to figure out how to make a small change to update the YT_LIVE video_id link in the newsmaxtv.py file of the addon.
(2021-02-27, 00:52)KookaBoy Wrote: Thanks!  However the simplicity of the newsmax addon was appreciated.  It seemed unrelated before, but new changes to youtube addon ... "Youtube: accessNotConfigured" makes it more complicated to set up youtube in Kodi now.  It took less time to figure out how to make a small change to update the YT_LIVE video_id link in the newsmaxtv.py file of the addon.
Open up the file in plugin.video.newsmaxtv\resources\lib\newsmaxtv.py and replace the video ID with this:

php:
39WrSskl3XE

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-02-27, 15:05)shedrock Wrote:
(2021-02-27, 00:52)KookaBoy Wrote: Thanks!  However the simplicity of the newsmax addon was appreciated.  It seemed unrelated before, but new changes to youtube addon ... "Youtube: accessNotConfigured" makes it more complicated to set up youtube in Kodi now.  It took less time to figure out how to make a small change to update the YT_LIVE video_id link in the newsmaxtv.py file of the addon.
Open up the file in plugin.video.newsmaxtv\resources\lib\newsmaxtv.py and replace the video ID with this:

php:
39WrSskl3XE

Regards,

Shedrock

Thank you sir
(2021-02-27, 21:11)KookaBoy Wrote:
(2021-02-27, 15:05)shedrock Wrote:

php:
39WrSskl3XE

Regards,

Shedrock

Thank you sir
I believe Newsmax is on Pluto tv along with many other live news channels.
(2021-02-27, 22:04)rocko Wrote: Thank you sir
You're welcome.
Editing newsmaxtv.py didn't work for me, the newmax addon still refuses to activate itself in v19.
Pluto? Is there an addon for that?
Ok I found the Pluto addon, but I don't see Newsmax in the list of channels...
(2021-02-28, 14:01)grendizer Wrote: Ok I found the Pluto addon, but I don't see Newsmax in the list of channels...
Pluto live TV, Newsmax-CH-2361.
Thanks but I don't see channel 2361. How can I get the full list?
(2021-03-01, 20:59)grendizer Wrote: Thanks but I don't see channel 2361. How can I get the full list?

I have no idea unless you are not in the US, there are 2 Pluto addons and Newsmax is on both on same channel.
By the way I am on Matrix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NewsmaxTV1