Full-screen music playback dims album artwork and fanart
I'm running Amber on Kodi 19 and if I configure it to switch to full-screen display when music is being played then I am able to display my selected fanart in the background behind the syncronised lyrics for the song being played. However the fanart along with the album artwork in the lower right corner are both displayed dimmed by default. Pressing <RIGHT> restores full brightness to them but blanks the lyrics. I can't find a setting to control the default brightness of the fanart and album artwork. I suspect the current dimmed default is to assist in highlighting the displayed lyrics but I'd prefer to have both fanart and album artwork come on at full brightness. This is is how the Transparency skin, which is not compatible with Kodi 19, displays the two when playing music with lyrics full-screen and I've never found the fanart or album artwork displayed like this to be distracting.

Is it possible to configure Amber so that the fanart and album artwork are not dimmed when playing music full-screen?

Thanks,
JB
(2021-02-26, 15:37)JBA6 Wrote: I'm running Amber on Kodi 19 and if I configure it to switch to full-screen display when music is being played then I am able to display my selected fanart in the background behind the syncronised lyrics for the song being played. However the fanart along with the album artwork in the lower right corner are both displayed dimmed by default. Pressing <RIGHT> restores full brightness to them but blanks the lyrics. I can't find a setting to control the default brightness of the fanart and album artwork. I suspect the current dimmed default is to assist in highlighting the displayed lyrics but I'd prefer to have both fanart and album artwork come on at full brightness. This is is how the Transparency skin, which is not compatible with Kodi 19, displays the two when playing music with lyrics full-screen and I've never found the fanart or album artwork displayed like this to be distracting.

Is it possible to configure Amber so that the fanart and album artwork are not dimmed when playing music full-screen?

Thanks,
JB
@JBA6 , you are correct about the reason for the dimming.  I will add a setting not to dim the fanart and album artwork.  I will add this to my To-Do for the skin.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Bart,
Many thanks, I'll look forward to trying it out at some point in the future.

JB
@JBA6 , could you please test the latest from GitHub and let me know if this is what you were looking for? I have added a new setting here:

The default is No, so in your case, you would not have to enable this setting, since you do not want dimming.

Please let me know if you are able to update from GitHub.  If not, please wait a few days and I will upload a new version to the Amber repos.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Hi Bart,
I'd love to try your revision, I've looked at your GitHub but I can't figure out what to download from there, please advise.
Once I've downloaded whatever file(s) are required, how do I install in place of the currently installed Amber?
I'm happy to uninstall first if that's what's required. I'm testing this on my Windows 10 PC which is not what I use as my main media playback system so I'm happy to experiment on this platform.

Sorry for not being clued up on the process required.
JB
Dear Bart,
I figured out where to click to get the skin's zip file in your repository and have now successfully updated to your modified version.
This looks almost perfect to me now. I really appreciate that the font used for lyric display is no longer all in CAPS however the size of the text used for the lyrics seems to have increased quite a bit such that there are probably only half as many lyric lines visible on-screen as there were previously. If this could be changed so that the text size is reduced without going back to all CAPS that would make the skin perfect in my opinion.
Many thanks,
JB
(2021-02-27, 12:26)JBA6 Wrote: Dear Bart,
I figured out where to click to get the skin's zip file in your repository and have now successfully updated to your modified version.
This looks almost perfect to me now. I really appreciate that the font used for lyric display is no longer all in CAPS however the size of the text used for the lyrics seems to have increased quite a bit such that there are probably only half as many lyric lines visible on-screen as there were previously. If this could be changed so that the text size is reduced without going back to all CAPS that would make the skin perfect in my opinion.
Many thanks,
JB
@JBA6 , my apologies for the delayed response.  Please try the latest from GitHub and let me know if this is closer to what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Thanks Bart.
That's better but there is a blank line between each lyric line so compared with other skins eg Confluence and Estuary, in Amber there are only half as many lyric lines displayed.
Regards,
JB
(2021-03-04, 11:20)JBA6 Wrote: Thanks Bart.
That's better but there is a blank line between each lyric line so compared with other skins eg Confluence and Estuary, in Amber there are only half as many lyric lines displayed.
Regards,
JB

@JBA6 , could you please try the latest from Git? Now up to 10 lines of lyrics are shown.  Please let me know how you find it now.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Perfect!
Many thanks,
JB
(2021-03-04, 22:27)JBA6 Wrote: Perfect!
Many thanks,
JB

@JBA6 , thank you for confirming.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full-screen music playback dims album artwork and fanart0