• 173(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2020-10-05, 21:00)bartmans Wrote:
(2020-07-01, 14:41)jjd-uk Wrote: Due to Matrix only allowing Python 3 addons an skin API bump has been recently done so only skins submitted to the Matrix repo can run, this has been done as many skins rely on helper scripts that still use Python 2 and so will not work on v19 Matrix, this affects all skins used in conjunction with v19 whether in the repo or not, however it's simple to correct. To re-enable Xonfluence you will need to locate the addon.xml and make sure the follow line specifies version="5.15.0" to work on v19.

xml:
import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>

Note - that if you do this and Xonfluence does use Python 2 scripts then things may not work properly, however if you've already been using Xonfluence with recent builds of v19 then you should be ok.
okay maybe clarify this for everybody?

Can I use Xonfluence when I update an existing install that is running 18.8 and Xonfluence?
Can I use Xonfluence on a fresh install?

And if so in both cases: do I need to do anything?
These are very valid questions.
Does anyone tested Xonfluence if it "works" on Kodi Matrix that is updated from previous version and/or on fresh Kodi installation?
In both cases of course with the workaround in addon.xml.
Hi

There is a bug on this theme 

Some live stream content hovers around 3-10 seconds while playing.
This causes the "Intro info" to continually repeat due to

<visible>Integer.IsGreater(Player.time,3) + !Integer.IsGreater(Player.time,8) + !Skin.HasSetting(HideInfoStartOSD)</visible>

Quick way you can test is with the Pluto TV add-on from here:

https://www.matthuisman.nz/2020/10/pluto...dd-on.html
Not sure if there is any way around this except for disabling the setting.

(https://github.com/Helly1206/skin.xonfluence/issues/52
I modified my Xconfluence to call plugin.close.kodi for the power button.

Kodi\addons\skin.xonfluence\xml\IncludesVariables.xml
Line 718
<value condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(PowerBtnAction),Exit) + System.ShowExitButton + !Skin.HasSetting(MinimizeOnExit)">RunAddon(plugin.close.kodi)</value>

Kodi\addons\plugin.close.kodi\default.py Modify Lines 21-31 to:
def flawless():
os._exit(1)
Then delete everything after line 174 and add:
flawless()

Then set your skin to Exit Under System - Skin Settings - General - Floor Button Options - Power button Action
Oke, I tested this on a nightly build LibreElec with Kodi Matrix.

I installed Matrix, by updating a fresh install with the .tar in /update.

I then tried to install Xonfluence from the .zip file. It failed. After editing / deleting some lines in addon.xml the skin works. I only use the options to edit the menu. I don't use widgets etc. Maybe that functionality does break.

My addon.xml (relevant section):
<requires><import version="5.15.0" addon="xbmc.gui"/>
<import version="7.1.1" addon="script.favourites"/>
<import version="0.3.2" addon="service.library.data.provider"/>
</requires>

So some luck.
(2021-02-01, 17:59)bartmans Wrote: Oke, I tested this on a nightly build LibreElec with Kodi Matrix.

I then tried to install Xonfluence from the .zip file. It failed. After editing / deleting some lines in addon.xml the skin works. I only use the options to edit the menu. I don't use widgets etc. Maybe that functionality does break.

</requires>

So some luck.
Confirmed, working for me as well after modding addon.xml. Though I am, like you, probably not a "heavy user" of the skin. But the settings I did with it before, all seem to work so far.
(2021-02-24, 00:47)raptorq Wrote:
(2021-02-01, 17:59)bartmans Wrote: Oke, I tested this on a nightly build LibreElec with Kodi Matrix.

</requires>

So some luck.
Confirmed, working for me as well after modding addon.xml. Though I am, like you, probably not a "heavy user" of the skin. But the settings I did with it before, all seem to work so far.
worked for me too but did you check if the poster is showed for tv show season number ? i don't see these anymore

this problem have been fixed for Confluence skin but i don't know what was the problem

https://github.com/xbmc/skin.confluence/issues/91
I take it that my favorite skin will not be properly updated to work on Kodi v19 Huh
Last visit to forum by Helly was 2019 so it seems unlikely it will get an update at this point. If Helly doesn't reappear then it will need someone else who uses Xonfluence to fork the code on Gihub and basically take it over to get it updated for v19.
I have installed fresh CoreELEC 19 with Kodi Matrix, then copied addons/skin.xonfluence and changed
    <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.14.0"/>
to
    <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>
in addon.xml

It works.
But when copied also /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.xonfluence/settings.xml those settings are not effective.

Also missing those addons in Kodi Matrix:
VPN Manager for OpenVPN by Zomboided
TV Show - Next Aired
My Pictures Database by Xycl

So for now Kodi Matrix in latest CoreELEC is no go for me :-(
(2021-02-28, 15:54)jjd-uk Wrote: Last visit to forum by Helly was 2019 so it seems unlikely it will get an update at this point. If Helly doesn't reappear then it will need someone else who uses Xonfluence to fork the code on Gihub and basically take it over to get it updated for v19.

Hi All,

jjd-uk is right in his message.

Maintaining Xonfluence cost me a lot of time and effort and therefore I more or less stopped working on this skin more than a year ago. It that time I was still planning to upgrade to Kodi Matrix at the time beta versions start rolling out. However, I couldn't find the energy to do so.

Therefore I decided to stop supporting Xonfluence. I still like the skin very much and hope that someone adopts the skin and takes over updating and maintaining this skin. So if anyone has intentions to do so, please let me know.

I hope you guys understand and thank you all for using Xonfluence and all the positive reactions I got from you.

Best regards,
Helly.
Thumbs Up 
Having this opportunity and seeing Helly1206 back to the forum I would like to say BIG THANKS to you for Xonfluence skin that you created and maintained during all those years.
Of course it's sad you will not continue and there is a risk that THE BEST skin for Kodi will die slowly not being adjusted to Matrix (Python) version.
I'm not developer so I have no background at all but how much work, how big effort it is just to make Xonfluence compatible with Kodi Matrix, I mean without any development for new features, optimization, bug fixes, etc. just making it compatible with Matrix as it is current version for Leia?
Replacing the addon.xml file with this should make it installable https://gist.github.com/jjd-uk/d2192e07d...72e737b239

However due to skin api changes and perhaps changes to the updated script.favourites and service.library.data.provider that the skin depends upon, then some things may not work correctly.
(2021-03-07, 11:26)rafikW Wrote: Having this opportunity and seeing Helly1206 back to the forum I would like to say BIG THANKS to you for Xonfluence skin that you created and maintained during all those years.

Yes a big THANKS to Helly for all the support since 2015. I came to Xonfluence from Confluence Custom Mod by Mudislander, which also eventually lost support and which Helly gave new life to in the form of Xonfluence.

Between the two Skins I've had around 8 years of use out of this Mod across multiple devices and multiple verisons of Kodi so I can't complain at all.

THANKS! Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
I would also like to give my deepest thanks to you for all the time and hard work you put into this amazing skin Helly1206. I'm having to use Confluence right now. It feels familiar, yet a icky at the same time  Eek  I do hope that someone with the know how can pickup the torch.
There are several other skins that might appeal to Xonfluence users as they offer a similar look and all will support kodi Matrix.

Aeon Nox Silvo: https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142

Amber: https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203

Madnox: https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=314
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
  • 173(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13