v19 Can't scrape anything from Russia
I just downloaded and installed Kodi v19 for the first time and as soon as I added my first movie source and had a scraping error I did a clean reinstall, renamed the movies I had so it would be structured as wiki said (Movies/Movie title (year)/Movie title (year).mkv).
But still, every time I try to update my library, it shows "Scanning movies using The Movie Database Python: 0%", and eventually an error pops up, telling me to check my logs.
I tried changing scrapers and the databases, tried creating .nfo file in the first movie folder it scans, nothing helps.
I hope I did my log the right way - https://paste.kodi.tv/ehuviqexof.kodi
Oh, and I tried to exit Kodi as usual, but since it takes very-very long to scan with my errors it froze and I just Alt+F4'ed, I hope it doesn't matter in the end.
(2021-02-28, 00:50)Lopsho Wrote: I hope I did my log the right way - https://paste.kodi.tv/ehuviqexof.kodi
Ha, I had this exact same error yesterday. But it was my fault as I tested something for another team member, then forgot to disable the Proxy settings.

So can you check your Proxy Server settings and disable it... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/Internet_access

Are you also seeing a pop-up stating "Could not connect to Server" or similar?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-02-28, 02:19)Karellen Wrote: So can you check your Proxy Server settings and disable it... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/Internet_access

Are you also seeing a pop-up stating "Could not connect to Server" or similar?
Proxy was and is still disabled, the only pop-up I get is "Check the log for more information." for The Movie Database Python, and then it starts scanning the next movie which after several minutes gives me the same pop-up.
(2021-02-28, 02:27)Lopsho Wrote:
Quote:
Proxy was and is still disabled, the only pop-up I get is "Check the log for more information." for The Movie Database Python, and then it starts scanning the next movie which after several minutes gives me the same pop-up.
Of course that would have been too easy.

Are you using a VPN or any sort of service similar? Can Kodi connect to the internet? Try installing an add-on from the official Repository. Install Global Search from the Programs section.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Also, if you swap scrapers do you get the same error?
My Signature
(2021-02-28, 02:37)Karellen Wrote: Are you using a VPN or any sort of service similar?
Nope, the only proxy-like thing I use is in my browser's settings as .PAC link.

(2021-02-28, 02:37)Karellen Wrote: Install Global Search from the Programs section.
Done, it was quick, downloaded without any problem through Kodi itself.
(2021-02-28, 02:37)Karellen Wrote: Also, if you swap scrapers do you get the same error?
Just tried with non-python one and instead of pop-up about log I got an error "Couldn't download information. Unable to connect to remote server. Would you like to continue scanning?".
Then I tried it with Universal one, it didn't do anything for like 10 minutes so I just exited Kodi.
And yes, I can easily access themoviedb website without any proxies. The thing I could try is installing older version of Kodi on another drive, since the system one is encrypted (I don't think it matters).
I guess that is the same for both the TVDB and TheMovieDB TV Show scrapers?

Hmm, it is all the same symptoms I had yesterday, which is inidicative of a connection issue, so there is something getting in the way of the connection.

Could you provide another log please, this time enable Component Logging and select libcURL in Settings>System>Logging.

I just tried the four scrapers and no problems here.

If you want to try an older version, install it in Portable Mode... https://kodi.wiki/view/Portable_mode
My Signature
(2021-02-28, 03:08)Karellen Wrote: Could you provide another log please, this time enable Component Logging and select libcURL in Settings>System>Logging.
I guess it's in the the same kodi.log? Or did it create a separate log somewhere?
https://paste.kodi.tv/qovawuveme.kodi

I'll troubleshoot some more tomorrow with basic stuff like router settings and older Kodi versions.
(2021-02-28, 03:20)Lopsho Wrote: I guess it's in the the same kodi.log? Or did it create a separate log somewhere?
Same log, just with extra details. There is nothing additional in that log you provided, so maybe you did not enable it correctly? Double check with this page here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy#Ena...ic_logging
My Signature
(2021-02-28, 03:26)Karellen Wrote: There is nothing additional in that log you provided, so maybe you did not enable it correctly?

Yeah, strange. It's still enabled, I even re enabled it while writing log and it's still not mentioned in the new log. I guess it's the first clue that something might be wrong with my installation. I'll try tomorrow, it's almost 6 AM here, thanks for the help Smile
Tried fresh installing v19 to my system drive's Program Files folder, but running with -p argument. Also tried doing the same for v18, but for drive's D Program Files folder. I couldn't even start Kodi without launching it with admin rights, which was strange.
And now I tried v19 in non-Program Files folder, it launched fine, but I still had the same problems, and I think there is no mention of libcURL in the log either. https://paste.kodi.tv/bekamiweqa.kodi
I'm kinda desperate at this point, the only thing I can think of is some Window's admin rights bullshut, but I swear I didn't change anything myself.
Ok, I just tried scraping on my Android phone while connected to Wi-Fi and.. yes, it's the same problem there. Scraped fine with my mobile internet... oh god, I think it's my ISP since I have some problems with closed ports now. I'll have a talk with them. As soon as I find anything useful on this topic, I'll leave the solution here.
Update. Apparently it's a Russian issue, some ISPs have problems connecting to the movie databases because of our... uhh... unstable governmental blocking rules. Happed before many-many times, one time they even banned amazon (like, THE whole amazon system, so anything cloud based was down for days lol). I'll update some more when I have some news.
(2021-03-01, 16:56)Lopsho Wrote: Update. Apparently it's a Russian issue, some ISPs have problems connecting to the movie databases because of our... uhh... unstable governmental blocking rules. Happed before many-many times, one time they even banned amazon (like, THE whole amazon system, so anything cloud based was down for days lol). I'll update some more when I have some news.
Oh, that is annoying. Thanks for letting us know.
My Signature
New update. There is a huge thread regarding this problem on TMDB right now - https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/6036ee9d...534?page=6
And one guy just found an easy fix for us, Russians. We just need to set up our IPv4 DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 and it works like it should Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't scrape anything from Russia0