• 116(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
(2021-03-02, 20:43)PSTrophy Wrote: For me nailing this behaviour down is annoying it's so random. My bug report on it got shutdown so quickly saying it's not skin related when there have been multiple reports using different add-ons there's clearly something happening I'm just waiting for it so I can post a log.

You are using banned addons: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc.../issues/80

(2021-02-26, 19:27)PSTrophy Wrote: I would beat master but all I have access to ATM is my Chromecast with Google TV which I can't upload from.

https://kodi.tv/addon/program-add-ons-sc...e-uploader

Without a proper detailed(!) error description (so that I can reproduce each step) with (debug)log file, I will not try to solve this issue! The only reason I'm still looking into it is to make sure that the skin doesn't have any other bugs that might be caused by a legal addon.
(2021-03-02, 21:03)beatmasterrs Wrote: Without a proper detailed(!) error description (so that I can reproduce each step) with (debug)log file, I will not try to solve this issue! The only reason I'm still looking into it is to make sure that the skin doesn't have any other bugs that might be caused by a legal addon.
I did post a log file of this happening with the Composite addon, but if you don't use Plex I guess it would be difficult to recreate.

I think it's caused by using a Dialog to play the file, as it only happens where there are multiple files to choose from in a Dialog.
Fair enough I'm using tmdb helper ATM so you can get off that high horse your on tbh all I'm trying to do is help. I love your skin and want to make it better. It's obviously not a banned add-ons issue since it's happening with no add-ons and normal add-ons so please stop chastising me for trying to help Smile
(2021-03-02, 21:18)PSTrophy Wrote: so you can get off that high horse your on

Can you perhaps turn it down a notch? We're all trying to help each other out here, but we'll need proper log files and/or other necessary details to do that, otherwise it will not work. There is no crystal ball available here.
No sweat and I apologise. We will get to the bottom of this in due time. I just need to reproduce it myself so I can log it for BeatmasterRS.
(2021-03-02, 19:24)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-03-02, 18:28)Romek_original Wrote: or a guide how i could make them myself?

but anyway - thanks for your great work

Please have a look at this: https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...755f8fef86
There you can see all the changes, you have to have made, to add a new hub. 

Please note, that with every update (manual or repo) your changed files will be overwritten. It is recommended to make a backup Smile

Does it save all the needed stuff with the backup addon and i can play them back after an update? - mainly shortcuts/hubs
(2021-03-02, 20:14)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-03-02, 20:10)Majin01 Wrote:
(2021-03-02, 19:48)beatmasterrs Wrote: Okay so, i add a widget like e.g. "TheMovieDb Helper - > Movies -> top rated"? Or which one?

U can do top rated, any widget with tmdbhelper should reproduce it.

Okay, I have the widget set up now. What exactly do I need to do now to reproduce the behavior?!

Okay so get an addon that u can use to play with TMDBHelper such as Netflix, or a 3rd party one. Click to play on the widget for any movie, it will bring up the player dialog, and choose your addon. While its loading to play with the addon u may also get the newer issue I got, but if not forget that one for now cause if you figure out the main one im pretty sure its related to everything. While its loading, it might bring up the dialog again a few times just press cancel when it does and play the movie. 

Or dont get any addons if u want to try reproducing through the trailer method

Now for the main bug, finish the movie. or press stop at any point and it will bring u back to the main menu. Either do nothing and wait for it to occur or just scroll around left to right. The bug will happen and you will know this because it will bring up the TMDBH player dialog again. (dont set any default players in TMDBH so u always get the player dialog).

Also the other way I found to reproduce this consistently was by playing a trailer in the info dialog and then finishing it, or backing out part way by pressing stop. Again just stay on the home screen or move around left and right and the player dialog will pop up (meaning it attempted to play). (Also i had windowed trailers on, with IMDB trailers instead of YT if u want to be exact)

The reason the player dialog comes up is bc that is TMDBHs default play action, the same would occur with any other addon but just having the player dialog is easier atm to find the bug bc u can quickly just press cancel instead of it actually trying to play again and having to wait.
(2021-03-02, 21:03)beatmasterrs Wrote: Without a proper detailed(!) error description (so that I can reproduce each step) with (debug)log file, I will not try to solve this issue! The only reason I'm still looking into it is to make sure that the skin doesn't have any other bugs that might be caused by a legal addon.

This issue is easily reproducible:
1. I started with an empty/clean Kodi 19 on Windows, nothing in AppData\Roaming\Kodi.
2. Installed TMDBHelper from Jurial's repo, installed this skin from your repo, installed Youtube addon from Kodi Official repo.
3. I made no changes to settings on TMDBHelper. I added my api keys to Youtube so it could playback video. I added a widget to the home screen for TMDBHelpr > Movies > Popular.
4. Arrowed up to the widget I created and clicked enter on the first movie in the widget. On the Choose Action dialog I picked play with Youtube.
5. Youtube started video playback of trailer. I hit enter, clicked the stop button on  the OSD, it went back to the home screen.
6. On the home screen, the busy icon animation ran and said loading content, then the Choose Action dialog box popped back up again as if I had hit enter on the widget to select a movie. No key on the keyboard had been touched since I clicked stop on the OSD.

I have used other addons, and tried various Home Styles (featured, Mutli-Widget, etc) and different Thumbnail types on the widget, doesn't matter, it happens on all of them, not just TMDBHelper.
(2021-03-03, 00:28)gotslack Wrote:

1. I started with an empty/clean Kodi 19 on Windows, nothing in AppData\Roaming\Kodi.
2. Installed TMDBHelper from Jurial's repo, installed this skin from your repo, installed Youtube addon from Kodi Official repo.
3. I made no changes to settings on TMDBHelper. I added my api keys to Youtube so it could playback video. I added a widget to the home screen for TMDBHelpr > Movies > Popular.
4. Arrowed up to the widget I created and clicked enter on the first movie in the widget. On the Choose Action dialog I picked play with Youtube.
5. Youtube started video playback of trailer. I hit enter, clicked the stop button on  the OSD, it went back to the home screen.
6. On the home screen, the busy icon animation ran and said loading content, then the Choose Action dialog box popped back up again as if I had hit enter on the widget to select a movie. No key on the keyboard had been touched since I clicked stop on the OSD.

Thanks a lot! With that, i could easy reproduce the behaviour. Could someone please test the version from this branch?

https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...esting.zip

(2021-03-03, 00:28)gotslack Wrote: I have used other addons, and tried various Home Styles (featured, Mutli-Widget, etc) and different Thumbnail types on the widget, doesn't matter, it happens on all of them, not just TMDBHelper.

What do you mean with not just TMDBHelper? When i set up youtube content or content from a video addon and start a video, stop it and wait, there is no dialog box.
(2021-03-03, 01:20)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-03-03, 00:28)gotslack Wrote:

Thanks a lot! With that, i could easy reproduce the behaviour. Could someone please test the version from this branch?

https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...esting.zip
(2021-03-03, 00:28)gotslack Wrote: I have used other addons, and tried various Home Styles (featured, Mutli-Widget, etc) and different Thumbnail types on the widget, doesn't matter, it happens on all of them, not just TMDBHelper.

What do you mean with not just TMDBHelper? When i set up youtube content or content from a video addon and start a video, stop it and wait, there is no dialog box.
The dialog box is TMDBH's play function. with other addons such as Youtube, Netflix, or 3rd party addons it will just attempt to play again normally as if the widget was clicked even though it wasn't.
Hello. Question: Is it possible to use smaller landscape pictures? Just as small as you use in the Netflix View mode.
Or an option to make landscape smaller? That would be nice.

I use Fanart as a widget aspect (in my case Landscape) and it would be nice to make them smaller
(2021-03-03, 04:47)Majin01 Wrote: The dialog box is TMDBH's play function. with other addons such as Youtube, Netflix, or 3rd party addons it will just attempt to play again normally as if the widget was clicked even though it wasn't.

I know that and have already noticed it in a log.
gotslack Wrote:I have used other addons, and tried various Home Styles (featured, Mutli-Widget, etc) and different Thumbnail types on the widget, doesn't matter, it happens on all of them, not just TMDBHelper.

For me, this only happens, when tmdb-helper content is set. If i have set up content from other video addons like youtube, it doesn't. 

With TMDBHelper content, if I want to play a video, I have to select the player (dialog box appears). If I have Youtube content and I want to start it, I don't have to select a player (dialog box doesn't appear).
Does this only happen when the TMDB-helper dialog box appears on the 1st play and I have to select a player? Or asked another way, does this only happen if I have to select a player for the video to start?

Please test https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...esting.zip
Hello, First I would like to say I absolutely LOVE your version of this skin. Thank you so much for all the work and effort you put into this @beatmasterrs.  I'm finally ready to use this skin on Kodi Matrix. But I got a problem. I always use Symbols/Icon view with extended information on for my Movies & Series and I like to see numeric ratings and it always worked fine on Kodi Leia with this skin, however, on Kodi Matrix I now can't seem to get numeric ratings with this type of view and I do it selected in settings. It just keeps showing star ratings. Could you please take a look at it to see if this is a bug? Or let me know if I am doing something wrong?

Also, Is it maybe possible to add the option to see what time a selected movie will end (running time)? This feature used to be in the older version of Arctric Zephyr 2.

Thanks in return.
Kind regards.
(2021-03-03, 13:04)Skyla Wrote: Hello, First I would like to say I absolutely LOVE your version of this skin. Thank you so much for all the work and effort you put into this @beatmasterrs.  I'm finally ready to use this skin on Kodi Matrix. But I got a problem. I always use Symbols/Icon view with extended information on for my Movies & Series and I like to see numeric ratings and it always worked fine on Kodi Leia with this skin, however, on Kodi Matrix I now can't seem to get numeric ratings with this type of view and I do it selected in settings. It just keeps showing star ratings. Could you please take a look at it to see if this is a bug? Or let me know if I am doing something wrong?

Just to make sure I chose the right view. do you mean this one?

(2021-03-03, 13:04)Skyla Wrote: Also, Is it maybe possible to add the option to see what time a selected movie will end (running time)? This feature used to be in the older version of Arctric Zephyr 2.

Where exactly should the end time be displayed? Do you have any idea? Smile
Sleep timer not working with this skin?
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11