• 29(current)
Broken Yahoo! Weather
The Yahoo! Weather add-on throws errors in Kodi 17 and 18. It seems something changed on the end of the Yahoo Weather API breaking this Kodi add-on. It seems to be the variable for the precipitationProbability.

The log file contains these entries: 
Quote:ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: 'precipitationProbability'
Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 284, in <module>
        forecast(location, locationid)
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 141, in forecast
        properties(data, loc, locid)
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 188, in properties
        set_property('Current.Precipitation'     , str(data['observation']['precipitationProbability']) + '%')
KeyError: 'precipitationProbability'
-->End of Python script error report<--

@ronie : Is it possible to fix and release a new version of this add-on? It's probably the one of the most used add-on on Kodi  Laugh
(2020-06-08, 10:29)Bruur Wrote: The Yahoo! Weather add-on throws errors in Kodi 17 and 18. It seems something changed on the end of the Yahoo Weather API breaking this Kodi add-on. It seems to be the variable for the precipitationProbability.

The log file contains these entries: 
Quote:ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: 'precipitationProbability'
Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 284, in <module>
        forecast(location, locationid)
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 141, in forecast
        properties(data, loc, locid)
    File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 188, in properties
        set_property('Current.Precipitation'     , str(data['observation']['precipitationProbability']) + '%')
KeyError: 'precipitationProbability'
-->End of Python script error report<--

@ronie : Is it possible to fix and release a new version of this add-on? It's probably the one of the most used add-on on Kodi  Laugh

I heard it's being replaced in Kodi 19 with "Multi Weather" so it's days are numbered anyway.
thanx for the heads-up. i'l submit a fix to the addon repo.

the weather.multi addon in v19 also uses yahoo, so i'll fix that one as well.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2020-06-08, 14:20)ronie Wrote: thanx for the heads-up. i'l submit a fix to the addon repo.

the weather.multi addon in v19 also uses yahoo, so i'll fix that one as well.

Thanks for the fix in advance! Your an unsung hero!
Hi, having some trouble with my fanart. I use Kodi 18.6 and have Yahoo weather 5.0.6.

I have a problem where my weather (single fanart pack by default) gets displayed incorrectly. For example in my location it is now cloudy and 23:33 (or 11:33pm but I use 24h format in kodi).

The fanart shown for cloudy at 23:33 is fanart file #26 but this is for daytime as daylight is shown in the picture. The correct picture would be fanart file #27 because that one is for nighttime. I feel like it doesn't know day from night. I haven't found anything in my log about yahoo weather.
It happens on the estuary skin as well and I haven't touched the fanart files.
Can someone give me some pointers?
#26 (cloudy) applies to both day and night.
https://developer.yahoo.com/weather/docu...html#codes
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2020-06-30, 23:56)ronie Wrote: #26 (cloudy) applies to both day and night.
https://developer.yahoo.com/weather/docu...html#codes

Ah that's a bummer. But now I have the weather condition "scattered showers" and it's showing me fanart #39 which is scattered showers/day. While I think it should be fanart #45 which is scattered showers/night. These numbers correspond with the numbers found in your link. Not sure why this happens.

Reinstalled and seems to be working fine now. Thanks for your help!
Will this add-on be updated for Kodi 19? We're now at RC1 and no update is available.

Edit: After some searching and seeing what is available in the native repo it looks like you've deprecated this add-on and the "Multi Weather" add-on is the new one? I don't mind having to switch add-ons, but the upgrade path is broken and may be surprising to some users.
Yahoo had posted several times that its free weather api will be discontinued, but that was postponed several times. Now it seems finally gone, though not quite.

It seems like they are obscuring the location of the json file containing weather data, just like YouTube is obscuring the location of their videos.

For example, the url https://www.yahoo.com/news/_tdnews/api/r...[56023011] displays fine in my Chrome browser, but the usual method of getting the data with requests.get(url) produces a 403 error.

Is there a workaround, or should we finally switch to another weather provider?
My yahoo weather finally too a crap last night. Wow had that for years like 7. What one next?
(2021-03-05, 06:35)David Rad Wrote: Yahoo had posted several times that its free weather api will be discontinued, but that was postponed several times. Now it seems finally gone, though not quite.

It seems like they are obscuring the location of the json file containing weather data, just like YouTube is obscuring the location of their videos.

For example, the url https://www.yahoo.com/news/_tdnews/api/resource/WeatherService;woeids=[56023011] displays fine in my Chrome browser, but the usual method of getting the data with requests.get(url) produces a 403 error.

There is a work around.  I saw the update to Multiweather for Kodi 19 come across this morning.  I applied the same fix to my local copy of Yahoo Weather on Kodi 18, and I have weather again.  So for Kodi 18, it's just a matter of waiting for the update to be done for Yahoo Weather.  If you don't want to wait and have some understanding of editing Python files, you can look at the changes for Multi-weather and apply them to Yahoo Weather.  Here are the changes:

https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/pull/1903/files

The changes made to the file weather.py in Multiweather need to be done to defaulty.py in Yahoo Weather.
(2021-03-05, 18:34)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-03-05, 06:35)David Rad Wrote: Yahoo had posted several times that its free weather api will be discontinued, but that was postponed several times. Now it seems finally gone, though not quite.

For example, the url https://www.yahoo.com/news/_tdnews/api/resource/WeatherService;woeids=[56023011] displays fine in my Chrome browser, but the usual method of getting the data with requests.get(url) produces a 403 error.

There is a work around.  I saw the update to Multiweather for Kodi 19 come across this morning.  I applied the same fix to my local copy of Yahoo Weather on Kodi 18, and I have weather again.  So for Kodi 18, it's just a matter of waiting for the update to be done.
Excellent news, thank you
Should you please fix and edit for Yahoo Huh
there will not be any updates (at least not from me) for yahoo weather.
i have no plans to keep this addon, or any of my other python 2 / Kodi 18 addons alive.
python 2 is dead, therefor Kodi 18 is dead and it should no longer be used.

please use the Multi Weather addon with Kodi 19 instead.
(2021-03-05, 18:34)pkscout Wrote:

There is a work around.  I saw the update to Multiweather for Kodi 19 come across this morning.  I applied the same fix to my local copy of Yahoo Weather on Kodi 18, and I have weather again.  So for Kodi 18, it's just a matter of waiting for the update to be done for Yahoo Weather.  If you don't want to wait and have some understanding of editing Python files, you can look at the changes for Multi-weather and apply them to Yahoo Weather.  Here are the changes:

https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/pull/1903/files

The changes made to the file weather.py in Multiweather need to be done to defaulty.py in Yahoo Weather.
Thanks, pkscout. That works like a charm!
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yahoo! Weather1