Solved tmdb as scraper for music videos
Hello, i want to scrap my music videos with tmdb. 90% of my Music videos are found with tmdb. But i can´t use tmdb in my settings. When i scrap my music videos with "movies" the sraper found all of them, but listet in "movies" and not in "music video" Could you please send me a way to scrap my music videos with tmdb? Sorry for my terrible english :-)
Yes this is what I’m looking for as well mate.
The music video scrapers that are provided in Kodi only find video clips. I want my video music library to be concert dvd’s & bluray.
Those are all available in the themoviedb.org, but sadly I cannot use this scraper with Music Videos. Strange enough is that tmdb is available as scraper for TV Shows.

Please make it available for Music Videos as well!
Music video and music concerts are two completely different things. Music video is a music video clip while concert is more like a full movie.

Solution to your problem is scraping concerts as movies then creating custom video library nodes to movies only and music concerts (or anything else).
(2019-02-14, 22:37)olympia Wrote: Music video and music concerts are two completely different things. Music video is a music video clip while concert is more like a full movie.

Solution to your problem is scraping concerts as movies then creating custom video library nodes to movies only and music concerts (or anything else).

Sorry, I don't get it. I have the same issue that I have full concerts I would like to have displayed either as  a "main menu item" or as a seperate category.
All concerts are in a single directory and correctly scraped when I use the TMDB.

What I tried to far was to interpret your hint by using "Edit categories" for "movies" and adding a "parent node":

But after that I'm lost. I cannot add a single directory as source to this category. Somehow I believe I'm thinking this wrong.
I just want to have my concerts separated from all the other movies.
Kodi 19 | Windows 10 + lots of Linux VMs | Intel i7-8700K (passiv cooling) | Gigabyte Z370N | G.Skill 2x16GB (DDR4-3200) | Kolink Satellite PLUS | Pioneer SC-LX58 | JVC DLA-X7900 projector | Teufel 5.4.2 (Dolby ATMOS)
@LaUs3r

Unless you can edit the skin files, you cannot easily create a new menu item in the default skin Estuary, which is what is in your image.

If you change skins, you can easily create new menu items. See Custom home items (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@LaUs3r Scrape them with TMDB and then export your library to separate files (this will create nfo files for all your movies & concerts).  Then, in Kodi, remove the source containing the concerts and answer yes when it asks you if you want to remove the items from the library.  Now, re-add the source directory, set the content to musicvideos and the scraper to local information only.  Scan the concerts back in and they should all appear under the 'music videos' section of the skin and not in the main part of the movie library at all.

The important thing here is to set the content on the directory containing the concerts to musicvideos and not movies and to use nfo files containing the required details.  It's a bit more of a faff to do it this way but you should find it gives you a much better experience and that browsing music videos automatically pulls in artist bio's, album details, art etc from the music library if it is available there.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-03-08, 22:05)black_eagle Wrote: @LaUs3r Scrape them with TMDB and then export your library to separate files (this will create nfo files for all your movies & concerts).  Then, in Kodi, remove the source containing the concerts and answer yes when it asks you if you want to remove the items from the library.  Now, re-add the source directory, set the content to musicvideos and the scraper to local information only.  Scan the concerts back in and they should all appear under the 'music videos' section of the skin and not in the main part of the movie library at all.

The important thing here is to set the content on the directory containing the concerts to musicvideos and not movies and to use nfo files containing the required details.  It's a bit more of a faff to do it this way but you should find it gives you a much better experience and that browsing music videos automatically pulls in artist bio's, album details, art etc from the music library if it is available
there.

ok, I now found a different solution which is acceptable for me....to my shame it's an official and very good documented solution Angel

I just limit the content of a categorie by the directory path as all concerts are in a single folder:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Library_No...nt_by_path

easy-peasy Cool
Kodi 19 | Windows 10 + lots of Linux VMs | Intel i7-8700K (passiv cooling) | Gigabyte Z370N | G.Skill 2x16GB (DDR4-3200) | Kolink Satellite PLUS | Pioneer SC-LX58 | JVC DLA-X7900 projector | Teufel 5.4.2 (Dolby ATMOS)
Glad you've found a solution.

Thread marked solved.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-03-11, 21:26)LaUs3r Wrote:
(2021-03-08, 22:05)black_eagle Wrote: @LaUs3r Scrape them with TMDB and then export your library to separate files (this will create nfo files for all your movies & concerts).  Then, in Kodi, remove the source containing the concerts and answer yes when it asks you if you want to remove the items from the library.  Now, re-add the source directory, set the content to musicvideos and the scraper to local information only.  Scan the concerts back in and they should all appear under the 'music videos' section of the skin and not in the main part of the movie library at all.

The important thing here is to set the content on the directory containing the concerts to musicvideos and not movies and to use nfo files containing the required details.  It's a bit more of a faff to do it this way but you should find it gives you a much better experience and that browsing music videos automatically pulls in artist bio's, album details, art etc from the music library if it is available
there.

ok, I now found a different solution which is acceptable for me....to my shame it's an official and very good documented solution Angel

I just limit the content of a category by the directory path as all concerts are in a single folder:

easy-peasy Cool

The downside of this solution is that more "menu navigation" needs to be done: Videos (side menu) -> Concertz (categories) --> Titles

So I decided to try Estuary Mod V2 and now I'm 100% happy. It's a little more initial effort to setup the interface but it works nicely. Now I have my new menu item and the content is scraped correctly
(2021-03-12, 12:47)LaUs3r Wrote:
(2021-03-11, 21:26)LaUs3r Wrote:

there.

I just limit the content of a category by the directory path as all concerts are in a single folder:

easy-peasy Cool

The downside of this solution is that more "menu navigation" needs to be done: Videos (side menu) -> Concertz (categories) --> Titles

So I decided to try Estuary Mod V2 and now I'm 100% happy. It's a little more initial effort to setup the interface but it works nicely. Now I have my new menu item and the content is scraped correctly

At first I thought I have a solution, but now I ran in another problem: once the AVR and beamer is turned off and switch on the next time, KODI's screen resolution is set to somewhat like 1024x768 and even more anyoing, KODI is freezed completely and I need to kill the the process and restart KODI. This only happens when I use the Estuary Mod V2. With the default Estuary skin, I can switch off and on my AVR and beamer and KODI is still usable and in the same resolution as I left it.

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this switch off-on issue with the Estuary Mod V2?

Cheers
@LaUs3r

What does your post have to do with Music Video scrapers?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-04-11, 21:02)Karellen Wrote: @LaUs3r

What does your post have to do with Music Video scrapers?
It's just for transparency reasons. I think it's helpful for others to know that my first solution did not work as expected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tmdb as scraper for music videos0