"Simple List" view?
Does anyone know when Amber first got the "Simple List" view option? Was Amber the first skin to offer "Simple List"? I suppose if Amber was the first, then @pecinko should know if he'd care to chime in? Thanks in advance for any help in tracking down when that view was first available.
(2021-03-14, 19:46)selfcontained Wrote: Does anyone know when Amber first got the "Simple List" view option? Was Amber the first skin to offer "Simple List"? I suppose if Amber was the first, then @pecinko should know if he'd care to chime in? Thanks in advance for any help in tracking down when that view was first available.

@selfcontained, I am the maintainer for Amber. I added the view type Simple List on October 2020. I do not know if Amber is the first skin to have this view type, and other skins might call one of their view types Simple List and not be like the one in Amber.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-03-14, 22:20)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-14, 19:46)selfcontained Wrote: Does anyone know when Amber first got the "Simple List" view option? Was Amber the first skin to offer "Simple List"? I suppose if Amber was the first, then @pecinko should know if he'd care to chime in? Thanks in advance for any help in tracking down when that view was first available.

@selfcontained, I am the maintainer for Amber. I added the view type Simple List on October 2020. I do not know if Amber is the first skin to have this view type, and other skins might call one of their view types Simple List and not be like the one in Amber.

Regards,

Bart

Thank you so much for your reply Bart. I was curious because I had used Amber in the past and didn't know if I had just missed that view, or if it was added after I began using different skins. Evidently I stopped using it too soon! Simple List has been a game-changer for me along with the large font as the easiest way to select TV Shows from a large library. I use Tall List for Movies as I like to see the duration and info on the side (I use Tall List for individual episodes once I select the TV Show from the Simple List selection of Shows.)

Thank you for the fantastic skin!
(2021-03-15, 00:16)selfcontained Wrote: Thank you so much for your reply Bart. I was curious because I had used Amber in the past and didn't know if I had just missed that view, or if it was added after I began using different skins. Evidently I stopped using it too soon! Simple List has been a game-changer for me along with the large font as the easiest way to select TV Shows from a large library. I use Tall List for Movies as I like to see the duration and info on the side (I use Tall List for individual episodes once I select the TV Show from the Simple List selection of Shows.)

Bart was kind enough to add this view last year at my request. I was thrilled with the results! I'm so happy others are liking it, too.

DrX
(2021-04-04, 16:59)DrXenos Wrote:
(2021-03-15, 00:16)selfcontained Wrote: Thank you so much for your reply Bart. I was curious because I had used Amber in the past and didn't know if I had just missed that view, or if it was added after I began using different skins. Evidently I stopped using it too soon! Simple List has been a game-changer for me along with the large font as the easiest way to select TV Shows from a large library. I use Tall List for Movies as I like to see the duration and info on the side (I use Tall List for individual episodes once I select the TV Show from the Simple List selection of Shows.)

Bart was kind enough to add this view last year at my request. I was thrilled with the results! I'm so happy others are liking it, too.

DrX
I'm still conflicted though. I love Amber's "Simple List" view for the initial view of my TV shows. When I select a show to see it's episodes I use "Tall List" view. However what is missing from "Tall List" is duration. Same for when I select Movies. I like to see duration - ideally in hr:min notation. So I usually find myself going back to Titan M O D (on the 2nd device that still is on Kodi 18.9) If Amber could add Titan M O D's "Skinny List" view and hr:min duration, it'd be my all-around favorite (although I still love Aeon Tajo's views too.)
(2021-04-04, 18:23)selfcontained Wrote:
(2021-04-04, 16:59)DrXenos Wrote:

DrX
I'm still conflicted though. I love Amber's "Simple List" view for the initial view of my TV shows. When I select a show to see it's episodes I use "Tall List" view. However what is missing from "Tall List" is duration. Same for when I select Movies. I like to see duration - ideally in hr:min notation. So I usually find myself going back to Titan M O D (on the 2nd device that still is on Kodi 18.9) If Amber could add Titan M O D's "Skinny List" view and hr:min duration, it'd be my all-around favorite (although I still love Aeon Tajo's views too.)
@selfcontained , where do you want to see duration in Tall List? It is already there in the info panel in the middle:

Please let me know what you are looking for.  Thanks.

As for Titan MOD's Slim List view, I will think about it.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-04-04, 23:38)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-04, 18:23)selfcontained Wrote:
(2021-04-04, 16:59)DrXenos Wrote: Bart was kind enough to add this view last year at my request. I was thrilled with the results! I'm so happy others are liking it, too.

DrX
@selfcontained , where do you want to see duration in Tall List? It is already there in the info panel in the middle:

Regards,

Bart
I am sorry Bart. Duration is present and accounted for. I must have been using a different skin (I've been trying a bunch out recently.) Slim List would be cool but Amber is pretty top notch as is.
(2021-04-05, 00:54)selfcontained Wrote:
(2021-04-04, 23:38)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-04, 18:23)selfcontained Wrote: I'm still conflicted though. I love Amber's "Simple List" view for the initial view of my TV shows. When I select a show to see it's episodes I use "Tall List" view. However what is missing from "Tall List" is duration. Same for when I select Movies. I like to see duration - ideally in hr:min notation. So I usually find myself going back to Titan M O D (on the 2nd device that still is on Kodi 18.9) If Amber could add Titan M O D's "Skinny List" view and hr:min duration, it'd be my all-around favorite (although I still love Aeon Tajo's views too.)

Regards,

Bart
I am sorry Bart. Duration is present and accounted for. I must have been using a different skin (I've been trying a bunch out recently.) Slim List would be cool but Amber is pretty top notch as is.
@selfcontained , have you tried the view "BigList" in Amber? It provides duration in the list items themselves.  Looks like this:

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Thanks for the suggestion of "Big List" Bart. It is a better view for me once inside a TV Show's list of episodes as the text size is a bit larger. I have a 32" diag. screen and sit too far away (can't currently change either I'm afraid.)
(2021-04-05, 16:03)selfcontained Wrote: Thanks for the suggestion of "Big List" Bart. It is a better view for me once inside a TV Show's list of episodes as the text size is a bit larger. I have a 32" diag. screen and sit too far away (can't currently change either I'm afraid.)
Actually, upon further checking - it appears as though the duration listing is just a bit more legible when listed in the center column using the "Tall List" view versus the "Big List" view. I already have default font set to "Large"; so I'm just trying to get the largest text size possible in description, titles, and duration.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Simple List" view?0