• 43(current)
Release YouTube
Hi guys
I believe this is a question asked many times, it's about hiding watched videos from a playlist.

I watch quite a few youtube channels where they put out new content quite often (e.g. ExtraHistory). They are currently parts of playlists. They actually act like episodes. Unfortunately for me since these have quite a lot of episodes aired in the past, I need to go next page few times for me to watch the ones I haven't watched yet.

Is there an easy way for me to filter out the watched videos? Is this a customisation on the skin that I need to do or a customisation on the youtube addon?

I managed to customize the skin file to make the watched toggle to appear but it doesn't seem to work with the youtube plugin.
Hey!

I am using latest plugin 6.8.10 on Vero 4k and Adaptive streams - 2.4.6
TV is LG OLED 48CX9LB

Enabled DASH from the settings, set to 4k and HDR enabled. Everything else is default.
What I observe is 4k videos run on 4K resolution, but the ones that are HDR appear washed out and HDR mark does not display on the TV.

Both Vero 4k and the TV are 4k HDR capable as can be seen by certain movies playing from Vero and the native TV youtube app that has no issues displaying gorgeous HDR videos.

In addition with Kodi Youtube plugin I experience audio mismatch on certain videos, for example this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX2vsvdq8nw this also does not happen with the native youtube TV app.
(2021-03-18, 01:02)kodden Wrote: I just updated to the latest nightly build of Kodi 20 and now everything works speedy again

Yes, the fix was merged.
Thanks to your hint that you were using v20 I got the right idea that the issue was caused by a v20 only regression, which was pretty easy to pinpoint.
(2021-03-14, 07:09)arsMOBILIS Wrote: Suddenly this evening "My Subscriptions" won't load, generating an error message instead and pointing me to the log.

Everything else in the addon seems to be working fine. Any ideas?

UPDATE: this only happens on my Insignia Fire TV Edition TV... "My Subscriptions" works fine on my Win10 PC. The problematic line is this one...
Code:
return time.mktime(datetime_parser.strptime(e["published"][0:19], "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S").timetuple())
...which generates this error:
Code:
OverflowError: mktime argument out of range
I should point out that nothing changed in my Kodi configuration. The addon worked fine on the TV for months, then suddenly a couple of days ago I started getting this error.
Any idea when this is going to be fixed?  It's a pain.  Can't change to GMT as some others had noted. 

Thanks!
(2021-03-18, 21:25)pgordash Wrote: Can't change to GMT as some others had noted. 
FYI, I was able to repeat the mktime error repeatedly by switching to my correct timezone and then fix it by switching back to GMT. I tried rebooting everything , etc., without any improvement.

However, when I retested it today, the problem was gone. I was able to switch back to my correct timezone. I didn't install any updates, so I don't know what the problem was, nor do I know what fixed it.

I did have some work done on my internet connection by my ISP yesterday. They gave me a new router and reprovisioned my service. I was having some speed problems. I don't know if that was related.
Well, I still can't access my "My Subscriptions" on any of my Fire TV devices nor my PC running LibreElec.  All are running 18.9

Here is the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/uludatuwez.kodi

I know that there have been some issues with android 11 and access to the /Android/Data/ area.  Any help would be appreciated.
(2021-03-19, 22:15)pgordash Wrote: Well, I still can't access my "My Subscriptions" on any of my Fire TV devices nor my PC running LibreElec.  All are running 18.9

I know that there have been some issues with android 11 and access to the /Android/Data/ area.  Any help would be appreciated.

I stand corrected, my PC does work.  So it's just Android devices that seem to have the issue.  This leads me to believe it has to do with the tightening down in Android 11 of who has access to the /android/data/ folder.
Hello, my request seems as a beginner-level to myself however I was able to solve it. Does the YuouTube plugin provide a way how to type specific youtube video link? E.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc9xfed9sFE
Why do I need it? Because I can't find the specific video using search because it's author didn't make it public.
Thanks.
Tom
(2021-03-20, 08:25)dijkstra81 Wrote: Hello, my request seems as a beginner-level to myself however I was able to solve it. Does the YuouTube plugin provide a way how to type specific youtube video link? E.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc9xfed9sFE
Why do I need it? Because I can't find the specific video using search because it's author didn't make it public.
Thanks.
Tom

I don't remember seeing that function.
However if you managed to get a working watch later playlist, you can use another device to save such videos to your watch later playlist and then play it with your kodi youtube plugin.
(2021-03-19, 22:33)pgordash Wrote:
(2021-03-19, 22:15)pgordash Wrote: Well, I still can't access my "My Subscriptions" on any of my Fire TV devices nor my PC running LibreElec.  All are running 18.9

I stand corrected, my PC does work.  So it's just Android devices that seem to have the issue.  This leads me to believe it has to do with the tightening down in Android 11 of who has access to the /android/data/ folder.

Well, did some more testing.  I switch to GMT and the My Subscriptions returns to functioning normally.  Then I switch back to MST and it keeps working for a while and then reverts to the same error.  Definitely something funky going on with the time zone.  The file thing was a red herring since the Fire TV is based on Android 7.

So looks like a time zone issue on Android.
Is there any way to get subtitles to work?
After updating to the latest version (6.8.10) I'm now getting *hidden to prevent spoilers* instead of the video description. Only after I have watched a video does the description appear.

This is very annoying. Can this be turned off? I didn't find anything in the settings.
(2021-03-21, 10:57)Mike_D Wrote: After updating to the latest version (6.8.10) I'm now getting *hidden to prevent spoilers* instead of the video description. Only after I have watched a video does the description appear.

This is very annoying. Can this be turned off? I didn't find anything in the settings.
That's either a Skin setting or a Kodi setting, I can't remember which, although I think it's a Skin setting. It's called 'Hide plot to prevent spoilers' or something along those lines. Have a look in settings and you will find it. It's not something the addon is doing.
I've set up the YT addon and enabled mpeg-dash, but playback is very slow with a lot of choppiness/dropped frames, even on 1080p (let alone on 4k). This is one a Raspberry Pi 4 running LibreELEC; is this just expected with youtube on this hardware? This is a new device and a clean install, so I haven't tested video playback from the LAN or a local file yet.
(2021-03-21, 20:44)discourse Wrote: I've set up the YT addon and enabled mpeg-dash, but playback is very slow with a lot of choppiness/dropped frames, even on 1080p (let alone on 4k). This is one a Raspberry Pi 4 running LibreELEC; is this just expected with youtube on this hardware? This is a new device and a clean install, so I haven't tested video playback from the LAN or a local file yet.

Wireless or Ethernet connection to internet ?
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0