• 74(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
Firstly I am not a programmer, so I don't want to talk too much out of my scope of knowledge. Here are my two cents.

From MediaImport perspective, there would be no need to write strm files. The functionality could be kept for those who want to use it but, it is not necessary for MediaImport. LIT would have to keep lists of the media items including their metadata and path. These lists would have to be for specific mediatypes ie a list for movies, one for tv shows and one for music videos. There could even be more than one of each type, Netflix Movies, Prime Series, Disney+ Movies etc containing the selected items from each source.

These lists would passed to MediaImport via the extention point. Almost the way a scraper passes meta data to Kodi. LIT would monitor the sources and inform Kodi when there are changes. It could either present a list of changed items and the changes that have occured , addition, deletion etc, or present a list with current items and have MediaImport compare it to the old list and make the necessary changes. Presenting only a changed list would mean faster updates.

It would best good if you could give MediaImport a spin. The only addon that has incorporated the extension point so far is @flubshi 's https://github.com/flubshi/plugin.video....dia_import. It requires credential but you to install it to see how MediaImport responds to a MediaProvider. There are also mediaimporter addons for Emby/Jellyfin and Plex included in these builds. Take it for a spin and tell us what you think.
(2021-03-22, 14:53)LongMan Wrote: From MediaImport perspective, there would be no need to write strm files. The functionality could be kept for those who want to use it but, it is not necessary for MediaImport. LIT would have to keep lists of the media items including their metadata and path. These lists would have to be for specific mediatypes ie a list for movies, one for tv shows and one for music videos. There could even be more than one of each type, Netflix Movies, Prime Series, Disney+ Movies etc containing the selected items from each source.

These lists would passed to MediaImport via the extention point. Almost the way a scraper passes meta data to Kodi. LIT would monitor the sources and inform Kodi when there are changes. It could either present a list of changed items and the changes that have occured , addition, deletion etc, or present a list with current items and have MediaImport compare it to the old list and make the necessary changes. Presenting only a changed list would mean faster updates.
It might even be easier than that depending on the supported use cases. If LIT "only" adds items to the database when the user manually tells it to, it could simply use the xbmcmediaimport.changeImportedItems() method to tell Kodi which items to add / update / remove. No additional synchronization process would be necessary. If LIT tracks the items which it added to the library is can still use the same method to tell Kodi about updates to the tracked items. Obviously it requires some additional boilerplate code to handle a provider and imports but that shouldn't be too difficult.

On a similar note does anybody know how to get the Tubed add-on working? I can login with my Google account and allow Tubed to use it but whatever I do after that I always get a "quota exceeded" error so I can't really watch any videos or even access a list of items / videos. I thought it would be a good candidate for a simple media importer integration proof of concept so I started working on that. But if I can't get any lists of media items I can't really continue...
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
My understanding is that this error is expected for now. @anxdpanic (the developer) apparently requested an increase of the quota for the app with Youtube. I believe this request is still being processed / not yet granted. But I agree, that this would be a BRILLIANT additional example for the media importer functionality and how a fully integrated system would look and feel, as I doubt many people use Emby and Plex at the same time...  ;-)
Server: DIY NAS w/ i3-8100, 32GB RAM, 4x6 TB WD Red, DD Cine S2 + 3xDuoFlex, OMV w/ Emby, TVheadend, Oscam
Living Room: Odroid N2 w/ CE, Panasonic DP-UB9004, NAD 758v3, LG OLED 65 B7, L/R B&W CM10, B&W C S2, B&W ASW10 CM, SL/SR Elac WS 1445, HL/HR Dali Alteco C1
Library: RPi2B w/ LE, Xbox One X w/ Kodi, Nintendo Switch, Panasonic Viera TX-P50 Plasma​​
@kingkiller,
In addition to what Montellese wrote above, you can get some background from answers that was given to previous inquires.

Cheers,
LongMan
(2021-03-22, 23:05)LongMan Wrote: @kingkiller,
In addition to what Montellese wrote above, you can get some background from answers that was given to previous inquires.

Cheers,
LongMan

I installed it on android to do tests, and see how it works, but I don't use any of the addons that currently support mediaimport, I will try to read the messages and see if I get to know how it works.

Just out of curiosity, I added movies and shows using mediaimport, but all the items appeared in the movies tab, I think you shouldn't do that, did anyone have the same problem?
Quote:I installed it on android to do tests, and see how it works, but I don't use any of the addons that currently support mediaimport,
That is one the main reason we wanted LIT to support MediaImport. MediaImport would then support all video addons and thus each person would be able to find an addon that they use. BTW, it supports Kodi to Kodi Sharing. So if you set up another test instance of Media Import and and files to one, or both, you can share via UPnP.
Quote:Just out of curiosity, I added movies and shows using mediaimport, but all the items appeared in the movies tab, I think you shouldn't do that, did anyone have the same problem?
What was the source of these items? It sounds like a UPnP server that does not support search.
(2021-03-23, 08:22)LongMan Wrote:
Quote:I installed it on android to do tests, and see how it works, but I don't use any of the addons that currently support mediaimport,
That is one the main reason we wanted LIT to support MediaImport. MediaImport would then support all video addons and thus each person would be able to find an addon that they use. BTW, it supports Kodi to Kodi Sharing. So if you set up another test instance of Media Import and and files to one, or both, you can share via UPnP.
Quote:Just out of curiosity, I added movies and shows using mediaimport, but all the items appeared in the movies tab, I think you shouldn't do that, did anyone have the same problem?
What was the source of these items? It sounds like a UPnP server that does not support search.
Local files (mkv, mp4) and .strm files extracted via LIT.
I don't remember if strm files contain .nfo's, maybe it is the problem.
@kingkiller,
Local files, whether mkv, mp4 or strm, are handled the same way as always in kodi. You should set the sources as normal. That's not MediaImport. If you set a second instance then you can share to it with MediaImport.
For add-on devs interested in media import integration I've created a very basic integration into the plugin.video.tubed (thanks @anxdpanic) at Montellese/plugin.video.tubed:media_import. The first two commits make minor changes to plugin.video.tubed while the last commit adds media import roughly consisting of the following additions (all based on mediaimporter.stub):
  • extend addon.xml with the <extension point="kodi.mediaimporter>
  • add providersettings.xml and importsettings.xml
  • extend the existing service to create and activate a "Tubed" media provider
  • add mediaimporter.py to handle all media import related callbacks etc.

The integration is very very very basic with the following major limitations (among many others):
  • The user must be logged in with his Google account (can be done through the "Tubed" media provider settings)
  • All videos are imported as music videos. Maybe there would be a way to determine what type a youtube video really is to improve this.
  • Only a certain numer of videos can be imported per section / playlist (configurable)
  • Only the following sections are supported:
    • My Channel
    • Liked Videos
    • Watch Later
    • Favourite Playlists

It is worth noting that apart from the whole boilerplate code in mediaimporter.py to handle the media import specific callbacks there is no special code to create the ListItems. I basically copy and pasted existing code from the different routes implemented by the original plugin.video.tubed.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
@Montellese,
Could you had the 'upgraded' Tubed to the MediaImport repo?
(2021-04-07, 13:21)LongMan Wrote: @Montellese,
Could you had the 'upgraded' Tubed to the MediaImport repo?
TBH it's not really meant for daily use but only as a showcase to what is necessary to add basic media import support. Unfortunately with Youtube proper integration into the movie / tvshow / musicvideo library is difficult because everything is just labeled as a video with no further distinction.

Add-ons for streaming providers like Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. would be much better suited to provide a content provider add-on with media import for daily use but I don't own any streaming subscription so it's impossible for me to work on such an add-on.
I would say label it as what it is Tubed MI, a boosted version of Tubed that allows to import Music Videos from Youtube into your Kodi Library via MediaImport.

There is value in the addon being present in the included repo. It shows that regular video addons as providers.
When one enters the repo and sees,
  • Add-on repository
  • Media Importer
  • Video Addons

it is a better selling point than
  • Add-on repository
  • Media Importer

That is true even with single limited video addon.

With regards to the premium addons. I have checked and it seems Netflix is the easiest to sponsor. I could sponsor three months if you are interested in added to one of them.

Cheers,
Longman
I'm not completely following this WIP but it sounds like its a bit what google TV does and that would rock !
I hope kodi is going that route

Importing media from netflix or other video addons would rock
I'm not sure what's the state of this addon either , when you talk about how much % completed
@Skank,
It is quite advanced. There is an extention point that allows video addons such as netflix to act as a Media Provider. The addon devs haven't added support yet but it is possible. Montellese has added support for added music videos from youtube using a modified version of Tubed. Emby, Jellyfin and Plex imports are also available. The required addons are included in the build

Give it a spin. Builds  and Tubed-MI
(2021-04-10, 18:05)LongMan Wrote: @Skank,
It is quite advanced. There is an extention point that allows video addons such as netflix to act as a Media Provider. The addon devs haven't added support yet but it is possible. Montellese has added support for added music videos from youtube using a modified version of Tubed. Emby, Jellyfin and Plex imports are also available. The required addons are included in the build

Give it a spin. Builds  and Tubed-MI

I'm not sure i'm able to do and understand all this Smile
I have emby too, but i use the emby for kodi addon for it
Whats the difference then with this way?
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10