• 44(current)
Release YouTube
(2021-03-21, 21:24)blueribb Wrote:
(2021-03-21, 20:44)discourse Wrote: I've set up the YT addon and enabled mpeg-dash, but playback is very slow with a lot of choppiness/dropped frames, even on 1080p (let alone on 4k). This is one a Raspberry Pi 4 running LibreELEC; is this just expected with youtube on this hardware? This is a new device and a clean install, so I haven't tested video playback from the LAN or a local file yet.

Wireless or Ethernet connection to internet ?

Wired connection. It definitely seems like it's stuttering rendering/decoding video, not downloading. I've had no problems with 4k yt playback on other devices plugged into the exact same connection.
The my subscriptions bug is not isolated to Android 11. I can confirm this because I have an Android box running Android pie and the same MK Time issue hae popped up. I haven't been able to resolve it by manually setting the time zone
(2021-03-20, 18:14)pgordash Wrote:
(2021-03-19, 22:33)pgordash Wrote:
(2021-03-19, 22:15)pgordash Wrote: Well, I still can't access my "My Subscriptions" on any of my Fire TV devices nor my PC running LibreElec.  All are running 18.9

Here is the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/uludatuwez.kodi

I know that there have been some issues with android 11 and access to the /Android/Data/ area.  Any help would be appreciated.

I stand corrected, my PC does work.  So it's just Android devices that seem to have the issue.  This leads me to believe it has to do with the tightening down in Android 11 of who has access to the /android/data/ folder.

Well, did some more testing.  I switch to GMT and the My Subscriptions returns to functioning normally.  Then I switch back to MST and it keeps working for a while and then reverts to the same error.  Definitely something funky going on with the time zone.  The file thing was a red herring since the Fire TV is based on Android 7.

So looks like a time zone issue on Android.
I was able to reproduce this. I decided just switching my android time to MST and changing the time manually to offset it on my android TV. It works!
Hi,

Any tip, is it posible to enable 4k support? Is it supported? For now, 1080p is max what I can get.
(2021-03-24, 04:40)M310 Wrote:
(2021-03-20, 18:14)pgordash Wrote:
(2021-03-19, 22:33)pgordash Wrote: I stand corrected, my PC does work.  So it's just Android devices that seem to have the issue.  This leads me to believe it has to do with the tightening down in Android 11 of who has access to the /android/data/ folder.

Well, did some more testing.  I switch to GMT and the My Subscriptions returns to functioning normally.  Then I switch back to MST and it keeps working for a while and then reverts to the same error.  Definitely something funky going on with the time zone.  The file thing was a red herring since the Fire TV is based on Android 7.

So looks like a time zone issue on Android.
I was able to reproduce this. I decided just switching my android time to MST and changing the time manually to offset it on my android TV. It works!
Well, the Fire TV Stick only has one place to set the time zone.  There is no place within Kodi to adjust the time on the Android version.

Did some more testing and using MDT (gmt - 6) seems to work fine over a decent period of time.  Switching back to MST (gmt - 7) and the issues return.  Thanks daylight savings for making my life a pain.
I have an NVidia Shield ( I was able to get around DST problem by off setting my time by 12 hours where presumably there is no DST ). I just noticed some videos disappeared out of the Kodi My Subscriptions feed. The videos remain on my PC Youtube My Subscription feed, and I can watch them on Kodi if I go to the channel they are from. The video that are disappearing are from TheMelbComedyFest and they have released 27 videos in the last day. I can see 14 but the first 13 just disappeared out of the feed. Is there anything I can do about this ? Is it expected behavior ?
What is supposed to be entered for the custom "Watch Later" and "History" playlists?

Also, "Recommendations" goes to app file list screen while "My Subscriptions" functions as Recommendations)

Kodi v. 18.7 on RetroPie
YT add-on v. 6.8.10
(2021-03-27, 08:04)LouF Wrote: What is supposed to be entered for the custom "Watch Later" and "History" playlists?
Here is instructions for "Watch later", you basically need to get the real id of the watch later playlist on Youtube.

jonib
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
(2021-03-27, 14:10)jonib Wrote:
(2021-03-27, 08:04)LouF Wrote: What is supposed to be entered for the custom "Watch Later" and "History" playlists?
Here is instructions for "Watch later", you basically need to get the real id of the watch later playlist on Youtube.

jonib
Thank you  jonib.  I am up to speed of what and why it wasn't previously working.  It now works !  (probably the most useful YT list for me)
A note I can add is to enter the Playlist ID at the profile where the TY add-on is located.

Thanks !
"My Subscriptions" not working for me on Android box either, changed the kodi time to GMT 12 & 24 hour still no joy, anyone able to fix on Android?

cheers
(2021-03-24, 09:33)giaur Wrote: Hi,

Any tip, is it posible to enable 4k support? Is it supported? For now, 1080p is max what I can get.

Try enable ignore display resolution and fix video quality to 2160p(4k)
- YouTube/Settings/MEPEG-DASH/Configure InputAdpative/Ignore Display Resolution
- YouTube/Settings/MEPEG-DASH/Video quality 2160p(4k)
(2021-03-28, 20:09)graham23s Wrote: "My Subscriptions" not working for me on Android box either, changed the kodi time to GMT 12 & 24 hour still no joy, anyone able to fix on Android?

cheers

What time zone are you in?  Only seems to effect Mountain Standard Time.
I'm in the UK, GMT, I assumed it was to do with us moving forward an hour, i'll debug to see the exact error Smile

cheers

Graham
It does seem to be a time error of sorts:

Code:
ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv/ overFlowError mktime argument out of range

No one else getting this error?

cheers
Fixed it by changing the Android box to a US timezone, but i'm in the UK, but it did fix it for the time being.

cheers
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0