• 25(current)
Beta Sling
I can't install this addon on kodi 19.. it says python version could not be satisfied.. but on the first post it says that it works on kodi 18 and 19? Am missing something?
(2021-02-01, 08:49)stacksptdtdm Wrote: I can't install this addon on kodi 19.. it says python version could not be satisfied.. but on the first post it says that it works on kodi 18 and 19? Am missing something?

I'm curious about this too. Is there a separate Matrix repo for this addon?
(2020-12-13, 19:43)njoutside Wrote:
(2020-12-13, 18:48)hagertyoh Wrote: The same happened to me after last update to widevine yesterday. I went into input stream helper and re installed the previous version on widevine. Now back functional.

Worked perfectly- thank you! I did not know this was possible.

For anyone who may find this in the future:

Addons->My Addons-> InputStream Helper Settings->"Restore Widevine CDM library" and once selected you will see available versions to select.
Figired od gove this another go out of boredom, but I'm not seeing this anywhere in the two ISA setting menus.

I may have looked at wrong thing... brb.

Yup. But mine says (re)install not restore.

Hoping I get to chose the 245 ver.
(2020-12-28, 02:34)d21spike Wrote: For anyone looking for an update and/or a potential temporary workaround for live channels please see the instructions below.

Sling 0.0.109 with IA 2.4.5

Hopefully this issue is resolved soon.
I cant be a 100% but I want to stay with about 95% certainty. That I have live TV back using this and the IS thing from my last post that I quoted.

But at the very least, everyone should turn off automatic updating for inputstream.
Does anyone know if this addon will be ported to Matrix? This is the only one of my services I have to drop out of Kodi to use now.
(2021-02-06, 03:15)MoreBloodWine Wrote:
(2020-12-13, 19:43)njoutside Wrote:
(2020-12-13, 18:48)hagertyoh Wrote: The same happened to me after last update to widevine yesterday. I went into input stream helper and re installed the previous version on widevine. Now back functional.

Worked perfectly- thank you! I did not know this was possible.

For anyone who may find this in the future:

Addons->My Addons-> InputStream Helper Settings->"Restore Widevine CDM library" and once selected you will see available versions to select.
Figired od gove this another go out of boredom, but I'm not seeing this anywhere in the two ISA setting menus.

I may have looked at wrong thing... brb.

Yup. But mine says (re)install not restore.

Hoping I get to chose the 245 ver.

Has anyone gotten this to work on Nvidia Shield? I can't seem to downgrade IA to 2.4.5
I have a new issue on my Win10 Kodi 18.9 machines. Some of the Sling channels work and a few don't. When I click on the tile in Kodi for lets say History, it starts clocking and then stops and goes back to the Kodi home screen. The log reports an issue with Inputstream Adaptive - "could not open/parse mpdURL". Many other channels work fine. Seems like Sling changed a few channels as others like Science work fine. All channels work fine on the Sling Windows App. outside of Kodi. Anyone else see this?
Is this a "dead" app? I haven't seen any responses from the principals for awhile. Sad if it is because it's really useful.
(2021-02-06, 02:58)lhassell Wrote:
(2021-02-01, 08:49)stacksptdtdm Wrote: I can't install this addon on kodi 19.. it says python version could not be satisfied.. but on the first post it says that it works on kodi 18 and 19? Am missing something?

I'm curious about this too. Is there a separate Matrix repo for this addon?
Hi all. I just made a number of changes to the add-on and one of them was to get past the problem. I'm not comfortable (yet) with git so I'm still trying to figure out now how to share.
Is anyone else having issue on no live channels playing? I think it started last night for me.
Just asking before I start digging in to the log files
(2021-03-24, 01:08)Penbrock Wrote: Is anyone else having issue on no live channels playing? I think it started last night for me.
Just asking before I start digging in to the log files
Noob here, but have been stalking this forum for a bit -- They are working fine for me.  Running 0.0.110.   The only issue I've been having is my recordings won't play in Kodi.  Couldn't get on demand to play either, but after deleting the database, they started working, and I don't really care enough about the recordings anyway.
(2021-03-23, 06:19)greatowls Wrote: Hi all. I just made a number of changes to the add-on and one of them was to get past the problem. I'm not comfortable (yet) with git so I'm still trying to figure out now how to share.
You mean the problem of getting it to run in Matrix?  I noticed that if I changed the addon.xml to more recent version numbers for the requirements, I could get sling to open, but not play anything.  I'm also super new on all this -- recent cable cutter.
The add-on isn't dead, as I've mentioned previously I don't get email notification for every post but pm's do email me. Regardless, bug reports and improvement request are best done on the github repo. 

Initially this add-on shared Kodi 18 and *early* Kodi 19 compatibility until the changes to `addon.xml` structure were introduced. From that point maintenance was kept up with on Kodi 18 since that was mainstream. @greatowls submitted a pull request with Kodi 19 compatibility changes that I will be reviewing. Once these are merged into the repo, mainstream Kodi 18 compatibility will cease. I will create a branch of the codebase before the merge to preserve for Kodi 18, but am unsure if both branches will be kept up with (probably just mainstream).
Does anyone else have an issue of every channel I select it starts from the exact same point each time like in a loop? Anyone know how to fix ?
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sling0