• 8(current)
Release TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version
How can I configure it to not scan VOB files inside ISO files? E.g. it keeps trying to scan paths of the form *.ISO/VIDEO_TS/VTS_*.VOB but it won't find anything useful for these VOB files.
It should just recognize the title from the *.ISO file name (my files are named well to be able to match them) and not try to mount it for scanning purposes.
(2021-03-27, 19:29)sirmedia Wrote: How can I configure it to not scan VOB files inside ISO files? E.g. it keeps trying to scan paths of the form *.ISO/VIDEO_TS/VTS_*.VOB but it won't find anything useful for these VOB files.
It should just recognize the title from the *.ISO file name (my files are named well to be able to match them) and not try to mount it for scanning purposes.
That is not a scraper issue.

Can you provide a Debug Log which captures the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Quote:That is not a scraper issue.

Here's a snippet of the log during a library update. I am reluctant to post a full log that may have sensitive info in it.

I can assure you there is only an ISO file, it is not expanded/mounted on the filesystem. Something in Kodi mounts it and the scraper traverses into it.

2021-03-27 11:30:59.449 T:13759   DEBUG <general>: GetLanguageInvoker - Reusing LanguageInvokerThread 2 for script /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org.python/python/scraper.py
2021-03-27 11:30:59.450 T:13782    INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
2021-03-27 11:30:59.450 T:13782   DEBUG <general>: CPythonInvoker(2, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org.python/python/scraper.py): start processing
2021-03-27 11:30:59.451 T:13782   DEBUG <general>: CPythonInvoker(2, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org.python/python/scraper.py): entering source directory /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org.python/python
2021-03-27 11:30:59.451 T:13782   DEBUG <general>: CPythonInvoker(2, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org.python/python/scraper.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "metadata.themoviedb.org.python" dependent on version 3.0.0 of the xbmc.python api
2021-03-27 11:30:59.466 T:13782    INFO <general>: [metadata.themoviedb.org.python]: Find movie with title 'VTS_14_4' from year 'None'
2021-03-27 11:30:59.467 T:13782   DEBUG <general>: using title of vts_14_4 to find movie

2021-03-27 11:30:59.467 T:13782   DEBUG <general>: Calling URL "https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=...&language=en-US&query=vts_14_4"
2021-03-27 11:30:59.671 T:13782   DEBUG <CAddonSettings[metadata.themoviedb.org.python]>: trying to load setting definitions from old format...
2021-03-27 11:30:59.674 T:13782    INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(2, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org.python/python/scraper.py): script successfully run
2021-03-27 11:30:59.674 T:13759 WARNING <general>: No information found for item 'archive://nfs%3a%2f%2f192.168....%2fnas%2f...%20(1989).ISO/VIDEO_TS/VTS_14_4.VOB', it won't be added to the library.
Is anyone else having an issue where this scraper is picking up some collection images but not others? For example it scraped the image for the "300 Collection" fine but not "Airplane Collection" even though ThemovieDB definitely has images for both.
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.
(2021-03-30, 03:56)panny Wrote: but not "Airplane Collection" even though ThemovieDB definitely has images for both.
It looks like because there is no English or No-language artwork at fanart.tv... https://fanart.tv/movie/91663/airplane-collection/
And the scraper does not seem to be checking TMDB either first or as a fallback... https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/91.../backdrops

Maybe @rmrector could check
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-03-30, 04:32)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-03-30, 03:56)panny Wrote: but not "Airplane Collection" even though ThemovieDB definitely has images for both.
It looks like because there is no English or No-language artwork at fanart.tv... https://fanart.tv/movie/91663/airplane-collection/
And the scraper does not seem to be checking TMDB either first or as a fallback... https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/91.../backdrops

Maybe @rmrector could check

Ah interesting, I was going to say, Airplane Collection at TMDB has 7 posters, so was curious why none were pulled - https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/91...es/posters

Could I just turn off the fanart.tv scraping and it will use TMDB by default?
(2021-03-30, 04:51)panny Wrote: Could I just turn off the fanart.tv scraping and it will use TMDB by default?
Unfortunately not as it is coded into the addon.

When rmrector comes online (he is the developer for this scraper and Artwork Beef/Dump) he might have a comment/suggestion/fix.
My Signature
(2021-03-30, 05:09)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-03-30, 04:51)panny Wrote: Could I just turn off the fanart.tv scraping and it will use TMDB by default?
Unfortunately not as it is coded into the addon.

When rmrector comes online (he is the developer for this scraper and Artwork Beef/Dump) he might have a comment/suggestion/fix.

Thanks mate - because I can't help myself, I did remove all movies from Kodi (doing a scraper change to a different one and refresh then changed it back to TMDB python) and this time un-ticked fanart.tv from the left hand tab when you do the scraper settings and it does look like it is now only pulling from TMDB and all the missing collection artwork is now showing. 

To be honest I probably prefer this as the scraper is now also going much quicker and and seems to be richer too. 

Appreciate the help in identifying it was a fanart.tv and fallback issue
(2021-03-30, 05:21)panny Wrote: his time un-ticked fanart.tv from the left hand tab when you do the scraper settings
Oops sorry. I deal with 8 different scrapers, and sometimes I confuse or forget the settings. Smile

Glad you got it working. But just be aware if you leave it disabled, you will miss out on the other artwork like clearart, clearlogo, discart etc.
My Signature
(2021-03-30, 05:52)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-03-30, 05:21)panny Wrote: his time un-ticked fanart.tv from the left hand tab when you do the scraper settings
Oops sorry. I deal with 8 different scrapers, and sometimes I confuse or forget the settings. Smile

Glad you got it working. But just be aware if you leave it disabled, you will miss out on the other artwork like clearart, clearlogo, discart etc.

Haha no worries at all Smile 

All good - other than posters and backgrounds, I don't use any other artwork so nothing lost Smile
Curious, the intention is to combine the results from both. I'll look into it further.
I still can't figure out why the scraper is so confused. There are duplicates in the library and also titles do not reflect what the file content really is, e.g. click to play "Movie A" but instead it's really playing file for "Movie B", like some index is really off or corrupted in some way, maybe a race condition when the scanning happened. If I force it to individually Refresh from an entry info, it briefly shows a dialog that lists both Movie A and Movie B and then it fixes itself for that entry.
Anybody else running into these issues? This is on an Android Chromecast w/ Google TV device.
@sirmedia

Debug Log
My Signature
I do not want to post a full log with sensitive info in it. I can look through the log but nothing looks unusual. Dose Kodi have a secure way to submit a log, without making it available to the world?
When I posted a snippet of the log a few posts above with redacted info, I got no reply.
(2021-03-31, 03:56)sirmedia Wrote: When I posted a snippet of the log a few posts above with redacted info, I got no reply.
That is because snippets are of no use, and I am tired of getting into conversations with members to supply logs, when they should (and already do) know that a full log is required. I now don't respond to snippets at all.

Sensitive info? Search John Smith, replace xxxxxxxxx

Anyway, looks like you are using RAR files, so I can't help you with those. Sorry.
My Signature
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version0