• 10(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
(2021-03-28, 22:23)Buschel Wrote: 1.6.2 Build 2142:

What needs testing?
- With the maintenance changes all action menus and alert/info popups were changed. Even though every single one of them was tested at the time of implementing the changes it will be good to have an eye on them. The menus/popups typically appear when long-pressing items, performing an action (e.g. adding or pressing action buttons) or when errors occurs (e.g. JSON error).
- All types of long-press actions on iPad. Are they working, is the origin shown correctly?
Did not find any menu popping up at the wrong location on my iPad, so this seems to be okay. Wasn’t really aware that there are so many locations where a long press is supported. Discovered some unexpected features this way Smile
Thanks @Buschel and Ulf.
yes, pretty ugly frog color on "The Muppet Show"

i accidently hit "Abbrechen" / "Cancel" now a few times... Confused
can we please separate it from the Menu like it is on the Phone? (or paint it in red, or both)

Cancel button shouldn't be shown in popover at all
(2021-03-30, 18:36)kambala Wrote: Cancel button shouldn't be shown in popover at all
Exactly. Fixed with PR#207.
With desaturated colors this looks like shown below. It´s a lot let aggressive now, but Season 1 of The Muppet Show could use even some more saturation in my opinion. Wink

Image Image

Image Image
1.6.2 Build 2156:
- Maintenance: Removed UIWebView, instead use SFSafariViewController when calling browser (e.g. trailer playback, wikipedia search, ...)
- Bugfix: Searchbar appearance now follows the selected view type (issue reported in forum post)
- Bugfix: Server popup was always showing up after rotation (issue reported in forum post)
- Feature: Unify size of TV station logos for channel list and recordings
- Feature: Show TV station logo in recording details
- Stability: Fix potential crash in channelGuideView

What needs testing?
- With the maintenance changes the embedded UIWebView was completely replaced by SFSafariViewController. All functions calling the browser should be looked at, with a special focus to the playback of movie trailers.

What´s next?
- Further maintenance changes to remove deprecated functions related to rotation
- Stability fixes based on crash report from 1.6.1
- Fix Cancel buttons appearance
- Optimize the saturation of season background color
- Possibly support for sort tokens
muppets fine in my opinion, difference between dexter s3 and s4 is a bit hard. but i think once you‘re used to it, ok
(2021-03-31, 09:24)howie-f Wrote: muppets fine in my opinion, difference between dexter s3 and s4 is a bit hard. but i think once you‘re used to it, ok
Thanks. I raised PR#209 on this, which also selects the topmost color for the searchar. Looks a lot smoother now. I am experimenting with setting a fixed brightness for the season backgrounds. This might further smooth out the differences between different seasons, but still keeps the own color.
Hi @Buschel, unfortunately once again I see problems with your new „Feature: Show TV station logo in recording details“:

I really appreciate all your efforts making this App better every day!
(2021-03-31, 19:38)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Hi @Buschel, unfortunately once again I see problems with your new „Feature: Show TV station logo in recording details“:

I really appreciate all your efforts making this App better every day!
Thanks, always good to get some feedback. Smile

These transparent TV station icons are nasty little bas... my logos are all having a dark background, so I was not observing this problem. Sorry to say this is not a straight forward fix. A different controller with shared implementation for multiple views (e.g. season and episode view) is involved. I will try to figure this out.

Btw, another issue I found -- even before the rotation changes which got merged today -- is that on iPads the searchbar is appearing when rotating from landscape to portrait. Not a big deal, but a bug.
1.6.2 Build 2167:
- Maintenance: Removed deprecated rotation functions (only impacts iPad)
- Bugfix: Correct handling of Cancel button in action sheets (seperate button for iPhone/iPod and not shown in iPad popups)
- Feature: Show Cancel option in iPhones "Power Menu"
- Stability: Fix crashes reported for 1.6.1

What needs testing?
- With the maintenance changes the rotation functions were replaced. On iPad rotating while showing various screens is of interest.
- The stability fixes in EPG were changing the thread safety handling. It will be good to watch out for EPG / channel list updates.

What´s next?
- Optimize the saturation of season background color
- Use color of topmost season background for searchbar for seamless look
- Fix the non-visible TV logos in recording details view (only for black logos with alpha channel)
@Buschel now that TF changelog is fully automated, it'd help a lot if you write down change description in PR that I could paste when merging (by default merge message is taken from PR title)
1.6.2 Build 2178:
- Feature: Automatic background color for TV logos in recording details (missing function report in forum post)
- Feature: Choose top most background color for searchbar
- Bugfix: Desaturate season background (reduces too aggressive colorization reported in forum post)

What needs testing?
- (From former build) With the maintenance changes the rotation functions were replaced. On iPad rotating while showing various screens is of interest.
- (From former build) The stability fixes in EPG were changing the thread safety handling. It will be good to watch out for EPG / channel list updates.
- Check colorization for season views, if there are still too aggressive colors chosen.
- Check black/transparent logos in TV recording details.

What´s next?
(2021-04-02, 11:27)Buschel Wrote: 1.6.2 Build 2178:

What needs testing?
- (From former build) With the maintenance changes the rotation functions were replaced. On iPad rotating while showing various screens is of interest.
- (From former build) The stability fixes in EPG were changing the thread safety handling. It will be good to watch out for EPG / channel list updates.
- Check colorization for season views, if there are still too aggressive colors chosen.
- Check black/transparent logos in TV recording details.

Tested once again on my iPad:

Rotation is disabled when browsing albums or movies in full screen mode. Is this by intention or is it a glitch?

Season banner colors seem to be well chosen now, even for DVD covers using bold colors.

TV logos still showing issues in recordings view (Das Erste not working, wrong background color chosen). I also think that in the details view there should be a bigger frame around the logo, probably at a fixed size matching the whole spare logo area?

The nice channel view lost all logos?

Danke für all die Mühe! Wink
(2021-04-02, 19:43)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Tested once again on my iPad:

1. Rotation is disabled when browsing albums or movies in full screen mode. Is this by intention or is it a glitch?
2. Season banner colors seem to be well chosen now, even for DVD covers using bold colors.
3. TV logos still showing issues in recordings view (Das Erste not working, wrong background color chosen). I also think that in the details view there should be a bigger frame around the logo, probably at a fixed size matching the whole spare logo area?
4. The nice channel view lost all logos?
5. Danke für all die Mühe! Wink

1. Since I started testing the fullscreen feature I have never seen the rotation working for this view. Maybe I am wrong... I will write an issue for this.
2. Sounds good.
3a. It is strange the background color selection does not anymore for ARD. Was this definitely working before for this icon? I will re-check with the png you had sent a while back.
3b. On the frame size: this can be changed. I will look into this.
4. I am surprised. This works for me on my iPad simulator. Can you test if this the same for the other channel list named "TV Channels"?
5. Gern geschehen! Smile
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0