• 45(current)
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again
This is typical behavior, the database write happens in the background after the EPG is loaded.  Debug logs would show the database writes.

This  also explain slowdowns on exit on slower devices like Android, where the background write don't finish during normal uses.  Exit only occurs after the internal cache is flushed to disk.

Martin
My first thought would have been EPG.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2021-04-01, 17:03)emveepee Wrote: This is typical behavior, the database write happens in the background after the EPG is loaded.  Debug logs would show the database writes.

This  also explain slowdowns on exit on slower devices like Android, where the background write don't finish during normal uses.  Exit only occurs after the internal cache is flushed to disk.

Martin
Ok, is there a way I could check/verify that?
I didn't had this lag with the previous Kodi version (Leia).

It's not a big deal though but i just noticed it hence the reason I posted it here.

Oh btw...I went from a SD card (rpi4, 4gb) to a USB stick and the 'lag' remained the same.
In Matrix the EPG database moved to being completely on disk. This was required in order to fix the very many EPG bugs that were there.

To verify this just switch on debug mode and you should see db writes when you notice lagging.
(2021-04-03, 20:43)phunkyfish Wrote: In Matrix the EPG database moved to being completely on disk. This was required in order to fix the very many EPG bugs that were there.

aha ok, that would explain why I didn't notice this before.

I'll test tomorrow and let you know, thanks Smile
@phunkyfish 
I've been experiencing an issue where the live TV broadcast freeze's for maybe 2-3 secs, then playback resumes normally. Over a period of several weeks, I've noticed that these freezes seem to only occur directly at the end of live tv programme or immediately before a programme is about to start. When the picture freezes briefly, the busy spinner can be seen. When normal playback resumes, the freeze seems to also enable the timeshift as well.
As far as I can remember, I'm pretty sure I first observed this behaviour happening on the beta release's of Matrix. I must admit I was running quite an old image of Vix on my STB so wondered if that might have had some bearing on what I was seeing with all PVR changes made in Matrix, but I upgraded to the latest Vix image about 3 weeks ago and have also upgraded to Matrix final as well. 
Rather annoyingly, these freezes don't seem to happen on every single occasion when programmes end or start, so it's quite difficult to capture the issue happening.
Have you ever seen anything similar happening? Is their any setting I could possibly change?
Let me know.
Cheers
@Dumyat, not that I have noticed. But I’m still running the Matrix beta on LibreElec as I wait for the full release there.
(2021-04-04, 17:51)phunkyfish Wrote: @Dumyat, not that I have noticed. But I’m still running the Matrix beta on LibreElec as I wait for the full release there.
Ahhh, okay. I did purchase a new PC last autumn, but as far as I can remember everything was fine when I bought it and only started displaying this after moving from Matrix Alpha's. The only other peculiarity I've noticed since upgrading to the final version of Matrix is getting a green screen for a split second when starting video playback for Movies, TV shows and recordings. Same thing occurs when using forward/reverse skips, but starting a Live TV channel doesn't seem to cause this to happen. 
Not sure this is related to the video freezes and neither are big deal. Probably more of a mild irritation on my part to be honest....  Wink
Cheers
@phunkyfish

only, if I set timers for recordings with Enigma2 client it results this additional entry (blue marked) in the movie list and in ts.meta file of VU+ box, is it possible to eliminate with settings or fix ? Thx.

Image  Image
(2021-04-29, 06:49)sus67 Wrote: @phunkyfish

only, if I set timers for recordings with Enigma2 client it results this additional entry (blue marked) in the movie list and in ts.meta file of VU+ box, is it possible to eliminate with settings or fix ? Thx.

Image  Image

No, I'm afraid you can't remove it. So the E2 devices have no local custom storage for recordings. So instead we overload the movie tags to store our custom info that the addon requires.
(2018-10-13, 01:57)gregeeh Wrote:
Quote:Check if you can update your Kodi version to the latest nightly with this one:

https://kodi.tv/addon/scripts/kodi-android-installer

That way you get the latest Vu+ addon to your Kodi automatically.

This worked great and I now have timeshift.  Thank you.

A couple of questions:

1. There appears to be no way to fast forward thru a timeshift?  The right arrow just takes you to the end of the timeshift period.
2. On my PVR I can skip backwards and forward thru recordings and timeshift by a predetermined time. eg: Right Arrow 30 secs forward, Up Arrow 3 mins forward, Left Arrow 15 secs backwards.  I guess this sort of thing is not available?
3. In setup for this add-on there are 2 options "On Playback" and "On Pause" in the timeshift section.  What is the difference between the two?

Once again, thanks for your input.

Greg
Hey Greg,

Did you fix that? same problem some people are saying that it might be a cache issue...
Hello,
I need an advice. I have RPi4 OSMC Matrix 19.1.0-7 and I miss the Enigma PVR client there. I can't find a working addon. Can you help me where to look?
(2021-06-11, 22:24)Sally_cz Wrote: Hello,
I need an advice. I have RPi4 OSMC Matrix 19.1.0-7 and I miss the Enigma PVR client there. I can't find a working addon. Can you help me where to look?

You will need to post on the OSMC forum. We only support the standard Kodi platforms here.
Hi Phunkyfish, did you tested your Addon on Nexus Nightly? It kicks me right to the FireTV menu/crashes Kodi when configured ;-)

Edit: With latest openwebif on VTI/VUPlus Duo 4k. Strange... On Win10 /w Nexus Nightly everythings ok... I'm back with LOGs if it happens again ;-)
(2022-02-09, 10:56)Noosi Wrote: Hi Phunkyfish, did you tested your Addon on Nexus Nightly? It kicks me right to the FireTV menu/crashes Kodi when configured ;-)

Edit: With latest openwebif on VTI/VUPlus Duo 4k. Strange... On Win10 /w Nexus Nightly everythings ok... I'm back with LOGs if it happens again ;-)

I only test on Nexus. Please run ADB if it happens again to grab the crash logs and I will take a look.
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again3