• 45(current)
Release YouTube
(2021-03-29, 20:39)graham23s Wrote: Fixed it by changing the Android box to a US timezone, but i'm in the UK, but it did fix it for the time being.
Tried a few, but didn't work for me. Which timezone did you pick?

EDIT: Found one that works for me: "Mountain Standard Time"
(2021-03-29, 20:46)Temar Wrote:
(2021-03-29, 20:39)graham23s Wrote: Fixed it by changing the Android box to a US timezone, but i'm in the UK, but it did fix it for the time being.
Tried a few, but didn't work for me. Which timezone did you pick?

EDIT: Found one that works for me: "Mountain Standard Time"

Interesting that people are speculating this problem is tied to DST. I went back and checked the date I originally posted about this issue and it was March 14th, the day we switched to DST here in Canada. None of my FireTV devices will work with My Subscriptions now. I have tried time zones from all over the world, including MST, but the problem remains. What we really need rather than a workaround is a fix. Is anybody working on this? The constant ads on the official YT app are driving me insane.
Sorry, yeah it was Mountain Standard Time that worked for me too, it's a strange one.
How view youtube "history" in this plugin?
What the history id?
I upgraded to kodi 19 including the youtube addon and the input stream add on. Now music videos stutter (just VEVO videos, like always they are the problematic ones) other videos work fine. I'm on windows 10 with more than enough power to play 1080p videos.

I already tested:

"ignore screen resolution" on and off
"Ignore HDCP" on and off
Choosing video resolution manually
White-listing the frame rate to 1080p 60Hz only
Disabling input stream, then I can only watch in 480p

Audio works fine, it has to be something related to input stream / mpeg dash

Why youtube has to change something and break the add-on every 2-3 months?! At least for most music videos.
Well it's better than having a officially supported add-on with the garbage adds of youtube.
Hey guys, just wondering if its just me or a global thing. Fanart (background) hasn't been showing in the youtube addon for a few months now. Is something broken or is it just on my end?
Sad 
(2021-04-02, 01:33)djgrind Wrote: Hey guys, just wondering if its just me or a global thing. Fanart (background) hasn't been showing in the youtube addon for a few months now. Is something broken or is it just on my end?

Same thing here, it's a pain when you are browsing videos from all your subscriptions and want to identify which channel each belongs to.
In fact, I created an account in this forum just to ask this very same question.
It has either been broken for a very long time, or the setting hidden somewhere I can find.
I'm using the Confluence theme.
(2021-03-31, 16:51)FreakMurderer Wrote: How view youtube "history" in this plugin?
What the history id?

Please look back through the previous pages of this thread to find the instructions how to extract the history playlist id. I'm not sure if it's been added to the wiki yet.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-04-05, 03:33)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 16:51)FreakMurderer Wrote: How view youtube "history" in this plugin?
What the history id?

Please look back through the previous pages of this thread to find the instructions how to extract the history playlist id. I'm not sure if it's been added to the wiki yet.

To my knowledge there's no history playlist id. Or is there ?
Watch Later playlist  id exists, but not history playlist id.
(2021-04-05, 08:10)David7578 Wrote:
(2021-04-05, 03:33)jmh2002 Wrote:
What the history id?

To my knowledge there's no history playlist id. Or is there ?
Watch Later playlist  id exists, but not history playlist id.

^^^ CORRECT! I wasn't thinking straight when I answered this early in the morning. My apologies.

To clarify:

For Watch Later, the Playlist ID can be extracted.

For History, a Custom Playlist needs to be created.

You can't view what you watch in YouTube on the web (or in a mobile app) in Kodi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-04-04, 08:05)pepetrueno Wrote:
(2021-04-02, 01:33)djgrind Wrote: Hey guys, just wondering if its just me or a global thing. Fanart (background) hasn't been showing in the youtube addon for a few months now. Is something broken or is it just on my end?

Same thing here, it's a pain when you are browsing videos from all your subscriptions and want to identify which channel each belongs to.
In fact, I created an account in this forum just to ask this very same question.
It has either been broken for a very long time, or the setting hidden somewhere I can find.
I'm using the Confluence theme.

Hey thanks for the reply. Would you mind linking me to your post so I can follow it incase anymore comes across a fix?
I don't see anything when I go into the settings/configure of the Youtube Addon. It is all messed up.
I love the YouTube Kodi app, but there’s no way to get access to my full library. YouTube on my iPad or my television has a menu item named, “library“ which isn’t available in the app.

The third party playlist don’t show up, just the personal playlist I created.

The app is configured with working APIs

Odroid-N2Plus: 19.1-Matrix_rc2
I love the YouTube Kodi app, but there’s no way to get access to my full library. YouTube on my iPad or my television has a menu item named, “library“ which isn’t available in the app.

(2021-04-15, 02:12)Phishin4dmb Wrote: I love the YouTube Kodi app, but there’s no way to get access to my full library. YouTube on my iPad or my television has a menu item named, “library“ which isn’t available in the app.

I have somewhat recently migrated to using chrome and changing the launch string to make it appear to be coming from a smart tv. The YouTube interface is amazing and better hands-down. Now I am settling with alt-tabbing between Kodi and YouTube, it’s still entirely worth it if you are a a heavy YouTube user.
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0