• 20(current)
WIP S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022)
Downloaded the latest version 1.07 alpha from github. First I had to adjust the addon.xml (set xbmc.gui from 5.14.0 to 5.15.0) to get it installed on Kodi 19 Matrix. But then it was always automatically reverted to version 1.06 alpha by Kodi auto-update. So I ended up using the addon.xml from that version (showing 1.06-alpha) and now I am fine.

I have switched to the "Menu Tiles" layout for the home menu which is very responsive in startup and handling (even on the chromecast 4 players of my parents, which - by the way - are the best players I have been using besides the Nvidia Shield TV boxes). Also this layout is clean and simple to use, but still stylish because of the changing background and the animated icons. It is almost "apple like". What ever you do with this skin please keep this home menu layout included ;-)

The new netflix view types are very nice. I like! However, it seems like the text for Genre is overlapping the icons for codec, rating etc. It gets better if you activate "Switch Artwork and Info Position" in the sidebar. But still the word "movies" is partly covering the respective icons then. And I do not like the plot scrolling on the right side of the screen.

Hope you will find the time for implementing missing features like LiveTV and weather as a certain stage.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!
(2021-04-05, 15:11)fantasticn Wrote: Downloaded the latest version 1.07 alpha from github. First I had to adjust the addon.xml (set xbmc.gui from 5.14.0 to 5.15.0) to get it installed on Kodi 19 Matrix. But then it was always automatically reverted to version 1.06 alpha by Kodi auto-update. So I ended up using the addon.xml from that version (showing 1.06-alpha) and now I am fine.

I have switched to the "Menu Tiles" layout for the home menu which is very responsive in startup and handling (even on the chromecast 4 players of my parents, which - by the way - are the best players I have been using besides the Nvidia Shield TV boxes). Also this layout is clean and simple to use, but still stylish because of the changing background and the animated icons. It is almost "apple like". What ever you do with this skin please keep this home menu layout included ;-)

The new netflix view types are very nice. I like! However, it seems like the text for Genre is overlapping the icons for codec, rating etc. It gets better if you activate "Switch Artwork and Info Position" in the sidebar. But still the word "movies" is partly covering the respective icons then. And I do not like the plot scrolling on the right side of the screen.

Hope you will find the time for implementing missing features like LiveTV and weather as a certain stage.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Thanks.

the git brach just represent current progress of some testing till i decide to push new update (also stay on leia gui till i move forward to matrix only)
- currently the spotlight (netflix like) views are pretty much undone
- need find good spot for aditional rating, mediaflags, therefore currently overlapping genre,

EDIT: something like that
- it also need/get a (icon)button grouplist to force some things ,as on- up/down doesnt offer enough options without that.
( i also tend to prefer focus the 'filter button' instead of the cutrently used trailer playback.)

so i will need more time to test some things out.

the simple tile homlayout, will stay this way by default
i will just change it for
- respect custom colors
- custom fanart path for rotating background art

- what i have in mind as options are a slide out of current menu content (maybe submenu or just folderpath of menu contents)
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
Off topic question, how can I donate. The upper-right button that says "Donation"?
Smile 
Hi @mardukL 
First thank you for this amazing skin.

I have a question, where can I change color of this type of text ?

And in which xml (skin.swan\xml) can I change the type this font ?
Thank you
(2021-04-07, 19:37)kokoplex Wrote: Hi @mardukL 

Thank you

Its in
swan_home.xml, line 98-107
i just put it in without mich adjustments.

xml:
<control type="label">
<description>JUST HOME and Maybe delete WIP MAYBE HOME MENU LABELS CENTERED</description>
<visible>Window.IsVisible(home) + [Control.HasFocus(9000) | Control.HasFocus(8888)]</visible>
<left>50%</left>
<label>$INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Label]</label>
<textcolor>red</textcolor>
<align>center</align>
<width>400</width>
<font>font_SpotlightTitle_Large</font>
</control>
https://kodi.wiki/view/Label_control

if you make any change, you'll need a backup before update to a newer version because the whole skin folder will be overwritten by update.
(2021-04-08, 06:29)mardukL Wrote:
(2021-04-07, 19:37)kokoplex Wrote: Hi @mardukL 

Thank you

Its in
swan_home.xml, line 98-107
i just put it in without mich adjustments.

xml:
<control type="label">
<description>JUST HOME and Maybe delete WIP MAYBE HOME MENU LABELS CENTERED</description>
<visible>Window.IsVisible(home) + [Control.HasFocus(9000) | Control.HasFocus(8888)]</visible>
<left>50%</left>
<label>$INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Label]</label>
<textcolor>red</textcolor>
<align>center</align>
<width>400</width>
<font>font_SpotlightTitle_Large</font>
</control>
https://kodi.wiki/view/Label_control

if you make any change, you'll need a backup before update to a newer version because the whole skin folder will be overwritten by update.

Thank you Smile
For me it's on line 44 - 53 and I change font type in Font.xml
Now it's exactly how I want !
@mardukL 
Thanks for your update on the progress of the skin. Th pictures are looking very good. Seems you found a solution for the positioning of the flags. And good to hear you will keep the "Menu Tiles"-layout in place. The idea to have a custom path for the changing backgrounds is very good as well, though I very much like the wallpapers you included. They go nice and elegant with this layout. Another idea would be to have the amount of tiles per row selectable. Since there are no submenus in this layout you have to put everything into the main menu. That currently provides for five rows in my case because there is just four tiles per row. I would love to have five or even six tiles to spare some rows and make navigation easier. 

Another thing is the power menu: It would be very nice to be able to include some custome entries. As an Android user I don't have "power off" or "reboot" showing since it is not working anyway. So currently I only have "exit" and "settings". I would love to also include the "Android settings" and maybe a direct link to the "Google Playstore". Custom entries would be nice to have direct access to some functions you would not usually include in the main menu.
Looks fantastic I can wait matrix version
Looking forward to this as well.
(2021-04-13, 19:49)sabre6 Wrote: Looking forward to this as well.

Me too, the biggest enemy is time.

(2021-04-10, 16:46)murnaz Wrote: Looks fantastic I can wait matrix version

You can install Matrix version already ;-)
- install my repo -> link in opener

(2021-04-09, 07:56)fantasticn Wrote: @mardukL
Thanks for your update on the progress of the skin. Th pictures are looking very good. Seems you found a solution for the positioning of the flags. And good to hear you will keep the "Menu Tiles"-layout in place. The idea to have a custom path for the changing backgrounds is very good as well, though I very much like the wallpapers you included. They go nice and elegant with this layout. Another idea would be to have the amount of tiles per row selectable. Since there are no submenus in this layout you have to put everything into the main menu. That currently provides for five rows in my case because there is just four tiles per row. I would love to have five or even six tiles to spare some rows and make navigation easier.

Another thing is the power menu: It would be very nice to be able to include some custome entries. As an Android user I don't have "power off" or "reboot" showing since it is not working anyway. So currently I only have "exit" and "settings". I would love to also include the "Android settings" and maybe a direct link to the "Google Playstore". Custom entries would be nice to have direct access to some functions you would not usually include in the main menu.

The progress for spotlight view is pretty slow, and i am still unhappy how it performs...but it s more stable today

video link https://streamable.com/9rndf2

Custom Entrys will come some day, unsure if i will switch to use skinshortcuts, or a "non-addon" method.

Home Submenus are also on a to do list.
Doesn't look like the link to your repo seems to be working
(2021-04-14, 02:56)boydy71 Wrote: Doesn't look like the link to your repo seems to be working

upps, sorry.
https://github.com/marduklev/repository....-1.0.5.zip
(2021-04-14, 03:09)mardukL Wrote:
(2021-04-14, 02:56)boydy71 Wrote: Doesn't look like the link to your repo seems to be working

upps, sorry.
https://github.com/marduklev/repository....-1.0.5.zip

Thank you very much, really looking forward to this 😁
(2021-04-14, 01:23)mardukL Wrote:
(2021-04-13, 19:49)sabre6 Wrote: Looking forward to this as well.

Me too, the biggest enemy is time.
(2021-04-10, 16:46)murnaz Wrote: Looks fantastic I can wait matrix version

You can install Matrix version already ;-)
- install my repo -> link in opener
(2021-04-09, 07:56)fantasticn Wrote: @mardukL

The progress for spotlight view is pretty slow, and i am still unhappy how it performs...but it s more stable today

video link https://streamable.com/9rndf2

Custom Entrys will come some day, unsure if i will switch to use skinshortcuts, or a "non-addon" method.

Home Submenus are also on a to do list.

This view look really great !!
This view look extraordinary 
very different interface will take time to get used to but it is the best one and work stable

good job
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022)3