• 62(current)
Release TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
(2021-03-31, 12:03)turbotec Wrote: any help will be really appreciated will this addon be updated for 19 or is there another addon like this one that works in 19 thanks
You can continue to use this addon, need to install this repo
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...-1.0.3.zip

Install this script and module for this (script.module.thetvdb) from repo....rest is all know. Smile
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2021-03-31, 15:20)Angelinas Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 12:03)turbotec Wrote: any help will be really appreciated will this addon be updated for 19 or is there another addon like this one that works in 19 thanks

Install this script and module for this (script.module.thetvdb) from repo....rest is all know. Smile
Getting error message on repo install due to invalid structure.
Are you know how to install zip file in Kodi ?
- Download zip file from this address https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...-1.0.3.zip
- In Kodi settings-Adonn- "install from zip file"
- Confirm Warnning
That one worked!  My problem was I went to the GitHub page and tried downloading and using the master/combo repo zip. Sorry for the false alarm, and thanks for the assist   Blush
(2021-03-31, 15:20)Angelinas Wrote:

thank you mate
(2021-03-31, 15:20)Angelinas Wrote: You can continue to use this addon, need to install this repo

I could use some help. I updated to Kodi 19... ( I should have know better, but to late now...) during the upgrade I ended up having to removed and reinstall everything for scratch. Got most everything working again except the Next Aired script. I downloaded the above repo and next-aired is back on the system, however, it will not scan my library or update the next-aired list.

If I run a manual it either flashes the "please wait while we update all data in the cashe" and nothing updates or do the "*Reset all data* option and it does the same thing...

It's starting to drive me crazy... and I don't need any help in that area.

Thanks
Log please....
If something's wrong, with script def. windows for showing panel will show without images.
Have you try to open "run" from addon info or from program ?
Some skin have own xml for showing info from this script.. don't work for new script, show empty images.(need to remove or change that xml in skin folder).
@Angelinas , I am having issues with this addon as well in Matrix, and I am sure I have the latest versions of the addon and the tvdb module.  What is happening is that none of the Home window properties for the individual tv shows that have episodes airing today are bieng set.  I am running under Windows 10.  There is no error in the log.

For example, while Window(Home). Property(NextAired.TodayShow) and Window(Home).Property(TodayTotal) are being set, Window(Home).Property(NextAired.1.Label) or Window(Home).Property(NextAired.1.NextDate) are not being set.  Thus, any widget that relies on this content from the addon does not show anything.  

The addon does show the episodes if you run it directly from the program addons menu, and next aired information is shown for episodes if you browse the library.  It is the Home Window properties that are not being set.

I do not know if this is a Python 3 issue (I do not think so) or if it is an addon logic issue, or what.  I appreciate any help that you can provide.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-04-13, 06:23)nukem2000 Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 15:20)Angelinas Wrote: You can continue to use this addon, need to install this repo

I could use some help. I updated to Kodi 19... ( I should have know better, but to late now...) during the upgrade I ended up having to removed and reinstall everything for scratch. Got most everything working again except the Next Aired script. I downloaded the above repo and next-aired is back on the system, however, it will not scan my library or update the next-aired list.

If I run a manual it either flashes the "please wait while we update all data in the cashe" and nothing updates or do the "*Reset all data* option and it does the same thing...

It's starting to drive me crazy... and I don't need any help in that area.

Thanks

same me

https://paste.kodi.tv/ogimejuven.kodi
This is how it losks with old TV Show Next Aired in Kodi Leia:

and this is how it looks with new TV Show Next Aired in Kodi Matrix:

Is it possible to get the same visual result as it was in Kodi Leia, especially what to do in order to replace series poster background with static "bubble background" ?
@bsoriano
I am looking for solution....Shs widget showing good resultats, nextaired show empty Sad

@rafikW 
it will be fixed....

So, just to confirm, based on what's been posted here so far...

1) This add-on no longer works on Leia OR Matrix?
2) The TVDB is now charging individual users a yearly fee for their precious (*cough* user created and supported *cough*) data?
3) There is no working free API available that will make this work (unless you already received one earlier)?
4) There is no alternative add-on to Next Aired?  (If there is, can it used in the exact same way?  Trakt, for example, is usually more for keeping tracked of watched/unwatched.)

I just want to clarify everything both for myself and any others attempting to investigate why one of their add-ons appears to have stopped supplying accurate information.

On a personal note, I knew this was coming.  Anytime a site like TVDB starts making all kinds of sweeping changes and starts talking about "big plans" and "things in the works" it usually means they're about to change/start a method to monetize.  I hate subscription models in all but the most logical of software situations (i.e. antivirus, and even that has free alternatives) and I will not die the "death by a thousand cuts" from all the little piglets who mistakenly believe they have the right to permanently suckle at the teat of my bank account.  (Sorry for the colorful animal analogy; see username.)  In conclusion, F the TVDB.  F 'em and feed 'em fish heads.  Their "precious data" can be had elsewhere.  Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
(2021-05-28, 01:24)AnimalRescueGuy Wrote: 1) This add-on no longer works on Leia OR Matrix?
I am on Leia and this add-on still works for me.

Read this: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3027471

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-05-28, 01:24)AnimalRescueGuy Wrote: So, just to confirm, based on what's been posted here so far...

1) This add-on no longer works on Leia OR Matrix?
2) The TVDB is now charging individual users a yearly fee for their precious (*cough* user created and supported *cough*) data?
3) There is no working free API available that will make this work (unless you already received one earlier)?
4) There is no alternative add-on to Next Aired?  (If there is, can it used in the exact same way?  Trakt, for example, is usually more for keeping tracked of watched/unwatched.)

I just want to clarify everything both for myself and any others attempting to investigate why one of their add-ons appears to have stopped supplying accurate information.

On a personal note, I knew this was coming.  Anytime a site like TVDB starts making all kinds of sweeping changes and starts talking about "big plans" and "things in the works" it usually means they're about to change/start a method to monetize.  I hate subscription models in all but the most logical of software situations (i.e. antivirus, and even that has free alternatives) and I will not die the "death by a thousand cuts" from all the little piglets who mistakenly believe they have the right to permanently suckle at the teat of my bank account.  (Sorry for the colorful animal analogy; see username.)  In conclusion, F the TVDB.  F 'em and feed 'em fish heads.  Their "precious data" can be had elsewhere.  Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

I'm in Matrix and Matrix version works and has for months now!
No cost or charge.........that I know of.
(2021-05-28, 01:24)AnimalRescueGuy Wrote: 2) The TVDB is now charging individual users a yearly fee for their precious (*cough* user created and supported *cough*) data?

That is their game plan, but as of today it has not been implemented. Their site is still on API v3, and is fully accessible for free.

It is coming at some point in the next few months, but in parallel they are preparing a new scraper for Kodi which will replace the current one and will use the new API v4 and function at no cost for metadata equivalent to what is available now. There are plans for an expansion on that metadata, but that is what will be covered by their subscription plan.

So any issue with this addon at the moment is not related to the source database feed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data8