• 9(current)
Release TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version
(2021-03-31, 04:22)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 03:56)sirmedia Wrote: When I posted a snippet of the log a few posts above with redacted info, I got no reply.
That is because snippets are of no use, and I am tired of getting into conversations with members to supply logs, when they should (and already do) know that a full log is required. I now don't respond to snippets at all.

Sensitive info? Search John Smith, replace xxxxxxxxx

Anyway, looks like you are using RAR files, so I can't help you with those. Sorry.

RAR files? Where do you see that? There are NO rar files.
(2021-03-31, 04:38)sirmedia Wrote: RAR files? Where do you see that? There are NO rar files.
What is the last line of your snippet?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-03-31, 05:39)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 04:38)sirmedia Wrote: RAR files? Where do you see that? There are NO rar files.
What is the last line of your snippet?
I'm sorry, but I don't know where you see any RAR. I searched and there is no RAR, only ISO.
@sirmedia - the last line refers to the iso via an archive:// link header. That normally indicates the iso is compressed in a rar (or sometimes zip) file format.

Anyway as noted, we cannot solve this kind of issue with just a snippet. We need the full debug log (wiki) details to try and work out what's happening, otherwise we won't be able to assist in this issue any further.

The log uploader should already sanitise the log of things like usernames and passwords, but if you want to manually go through it and redact any other information then you're welcome to do so (it's just a text file). But in this case snippets aren't enough, a full length log is needed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Quote:the last line refers to the iso via an archive:// link header. That normally indicates the iso is compressed in a rar (or sometimes zip) file format.

I can assure you it is NOT a RAR file, just a .ISO file on a NFS mount. I do NOT use RARs or any other archive types. I believe something mounts that ISO as an archive that's why it looks like archive://... and you can see the .VOB files from inside the .ISO

'archive://nfs%3a%2f%2f192.168....%2fnas%2f...%20(1989).ISO/VIDEO_TS/VTS_14_4.VOB'

In any case, the scraper should recognize these patterns *.ISO/VIDEO_TS/*.VOB and not waste time on them over and over (there can be LOTS of them inside each ISO), it will never have a chance to find anything useful at TMDB with names like VTS_14_4

All I asked was a simple question, if there is a way to configure the scraper or Kodi to not mount these ISO files and traverse inside them. It cannot be that the answer to every question is "post a debug log". And from there it went quickly to erroneous conclusions such as "it's not a scraper problem", "you are using RAR files". This is not helpful, but thank you anyway.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....defromscan

That might do what you need, if it's specifically .vob files (or at least if it's specific file types) you want ignored.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-03-31, 17:24)sirmedia Wrote: [
In any case, the scraper should recognize these patterns *.ISO/VIDEO_TS/*.VOB and not waste time on them over and over (there can be LOTS of them inside each ISO), it will never have a chance to find anything useful at TMDB with names like VTS_14_4

All I asked was a simple question, if there is a way to configure the scraper or Kodi to not mount these ISO files and traverse inside them. It cannot be that the answer to every question is "post a debug log". And from there it went quickly to erroneous conclusions such as "it's not a scraper problem", "you are using RAR files". This is not helpful, but thank you anyway.
Do you have the vfs.libarchive addon installed and enabled? as that is known to have introduced issues with ISO files since ISO support was added to it. If so then disable the addon and restart Kodi then hopefully your issue will go away.

This is why we always request full debug logs, as it will contain details such as what addons are installed.
Yep, it looks like it's installed and enabled, but that's the default that Kodi comes with, it's a clean install, I didn't install the addon myself. What does disabling that addon break? If I don't care for rar, zip, tgz archives, is it safe to disable or am I trading one problem for another?
(2021-04-01, 16:32)sirmedia Wrote: Yep, it looks like it's installed and enabled, but that's the default that Kodi comes with, it's a clean install, I didn't install the addon myself. What does disabling that addon break? If I don't care for rar, zip, tgz archives, is it safe to disable or am I trading one problem for another?

It's only used for expanding these archive formats https://github.com/xbmc/vfs.libarchive/b...xml.in#L29 so for example a movie contained in a rar file can be played without any prior unpacking, so if you don't have any media contained in those formats then you have no need for vfs.libarchive and it can be safely disabled.

ISO was added due to allow support of Game disc images, however the impact on the other media types wasn't fully considered, as this has caused a lot more problems than the benefit to game user ISO support has been removed from vfs.libarchive as of today so a new v2.0.1 version should appearing soon.
Thank you very much for your clear explanation. This makes a lot more sense now.

Edit: it appears that the vfs.libarchive addon got pulled in by some subtitles addons (Subscene, SuperSubtitles), so I cannot disable it/uninstall it. I'll wait for the update that removes .iso
Hmmm?  This is somewhat ironic.  I've been having a random problem lately that simply appears out of nowhere from time to time with no rhyme or reason.  When I select an iso title in the library, it usually plays just fine.  However, sometimes when I click on it, it just flashes and nothing happens.

Since I have my entire userdata folder backed up, when this occurs I simply replace it and all is well again... until the next time it occurs.  Yesterday it happened again.  I decided rather than replace my entire userdata folder, I'd only copy and replace a little at a time so I could figure out where the problem resides.  The first folder I copied over was the 'addons' folder.  This folder replacement alone fixed the error.  So I began deleting the individual metadata and script folders one by one and putting them back after testing until the problem was fixed.  The problem ended up being the vfs.libarchive.  Once I deleted it, all was well.  

I have no idea what it does but deleting it doesn't seem to have any affect.  Iso's play perfectly as usual.  They mount, all the player controls work, they have menus, external players mount and work, etc.  New titles scrape all artwork.  I went google hunting for the zip and found it at GitHub.  vfs.libarchive-2.0.0.zip.  I am reluctant to install it because it seemed to be the root of my iso playback problem and my system seems to be working fine without it.  Today for the 1st time I came across this thread.  I read v2.0.1 will be appearing soon.  (the irony)

Because I deleted it from my addons folder, is it going to update anyway?  Do I need it?  If so, is there a GitHub link I can monitor if my system doesn't auto install it?  You guys write that you can disable it in add-ons.  I've been to my add-ons in the GUI and never ever saw it before although it was certainly in the Explorer 'addons' folder.  I wasn't specifically looking for it though so I could be mistaken.  Being an avid iso user, I'm concerned that by simply deleting it where I did and possibly never installing it again, I probably left residual instances and bad code all over other areas of my install.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2021-03-31, 01:45)rmrector Wrote: Curious, the intention is to combine the results from both. I'll look into it further.

Quick question, so I've had to setup another device and done my "turn off use fanart.tv" trick in the scraper, which worked earlier in the week. But today collections are not pulling the collection artwork from TMDB as it did at the start of the week.

Do you know if anything has changed in the last few days? Just confirming that scanning with fanart.tv still doesn't pull collection artwork as per my original issue.
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.
(2021-04-01, 17:11)sirmedia Wrote: Thank you very much for your clear explanation. This makes a lot more sense now.

Edit: it appears that the vfs.libarchive addon got pulled in by some subtitles addons (Subscene, SuperSubtitles), so I cannot disable it/uninstall it. I'll wait for the update that removes .iso

@sirmedia V2.0.1 of vfs.libarchive should now be available via the repo, if you have auto-updates on it may already have been updated.
(2021-04-01, 19:09)brazen1 Wrote: I have no idea what it does but deleting it doesn't seem to have any affect.  Iso's play perfectly as usual.  They mount, all the player controls work, they have menus, external players mount and work, etc.  New titles scrape all artwork.  I went google hunting for the zip and found it at GitHub.  vfs.libarchive-2.0.0.zip.  I am reluctant to install it because it seemed to be the root of my iso playback problem and my system seems to be working fine without it.  Today for the 1st time I came across this thread.  I read v2.0.1 will be appearing soon.  (the irony)

Because I deleted it from my addons folder, is it going to update anyway?  Do I need it?  If so, is there a GitHub link I can monitor if my system doesn't auto install it?  You guys write that you can disable it in add-ons.  I've been to my add-ons in the GUI and never ever saw it before although it was certainly in the Explorer 'addons' folder.  I wasn't specifically looking for it though so I could be mistaken.  Being an avid iso user, I'm concerned that by simply deleting it where I did and possibly never installing it again, I probably left residual instances and bad code all over other areas of my install.

To expand on what I previosly posted, when it comes to videos/music ISO's then nothing extra is needed as the mounting etc is handled within the main Kodi app, so ISO's are handled as if they a real optical disc being played in the hardware disc player (Blu-ray, dvd, cd players). Libarchive is a 3rd party library (https://www.libarchive.org/) for handling various archive formats such as rar, zip and 7zip, while these are not standard video/music formats they may contain mkv, mp4, mp4, flac or whatever video/music files, so to save the user the trouble of extracting them vfs.libarchive allows Kodi to view the files contained within, so it's the mkv, mp4, mp4, flac or whatever that gets displayed. If you then play the files vfs.libarchive then extracts the file/s on the fly to a tempary folder then Kodi will then play the extracted mkv, mp4, mp4, flac or whatever. If you don't keep any media in any of the archive formats the the vfs.archive addon is not needed.

Where ISO and libarchive came into play was for Games via Retroplayer. Game ROM's can come as ISO files, however unlike video/music, Retroplayer cannot handle the ISO natively so mounting alone is not enough, so the contents must first be extracted for the Game to be started. As libarchive also supports ISO someone thought it would be a good idea for vfs.libarchive to also handle extraction of the contents of ISO's so Retroplayer can play game ISO files, however as can be the way where someone is focused on their main area of interest, the implications for video/music ISO's was not fully considered.

If for some reason you don't get the update and want to keep vfs.libarchive then all repo provided addons can be found at http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/matrix/
Hi,
Could someone please help me with this problem :
I've uploaded new artwork on themoviedb.org for a specific movie which is in my Kodi library.
In Kodi (matrix), when I try to update the movie information, the scraper does not find the newly uploaded artwork.
The problem remains after removing the movie from the library and adding it again.
If I use TheMovieDB scraper instead of the Python version of it, everything works fine : the newly uploaded artwork is immedialtely found.
So there seems to be a specific problem with TheMovie DB Python scraper which does not refresh the artwork list.
Anyone knows what I shoud do ? ...
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB movie scraper - PYTHON version0