• 311(current)
Mod Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)
Hi guys,

I have the following issue: once the AVR and beamer is turned off and switch on the next time, KODI's screen resolution is set to somewhat like 1024x768 and even more anyoing, KODI is freezed completely and I need to kill the the process and restart KODI. This only happens when I use the Estuary Mod V2. With the default Estuary skin, I can switch off and on my AVR and beamer and KODI is still usable and in the same resolution as I left it.

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this switch off-on issue with the Estuary Mod V2?

Cheers
Kodi 19 | Windows 10 + lots of Linux VMs | Intel i7-8700K (passiv cooling) | Gigabyte Z370N | G.Skill 2x16GB (DDR4-3200) | Kolink Satellite PLUS | Pioneer SC-LX58 | JVC DLA-X7900 projector | Teufel 5.4.2 (Dolby ATMOS)
In this skin I missed the Dutch language file so I translated it in Dutch. This file can be downloaded at:

https://pastebin.com/raw/Biq8sEme
Two questions: The language code within Your language file isn't valid (en_GB), this should be nl_NL? May I add this file to the Kodinerds V2 build for Matrix?

Regards
(2021-04-25, 13:37)_BJ1 Wrote: Two questions: The language code within Your language file isn't valid (en_GB), this should be nl_NL? May I add this file to the Kodinerds V2 build for Matrix?

Regards

It should be nl_NL yes that's correct and yes feel free to add it to the Kodinerds V2 build for Matrix
First post. Be kind please.
Have installed the latest version of this skin from Kodinerds on latest Matrx V19, mainly to customise the main menu.
Could someone point me to a guide for creating a new menu item called for example Kids that points to a directory full of kids movies, so that it displays in the same way that Movies and TV Shows do?
Thanks in advance,
Rev
(2021-04-28, 12:33)revhead Wrote: First post. Be kind please.
Have installed the latest version of this skin from Kodinerds on latest Matrx V19, mainly to customise the main menu.
Could someone point me to a guide for creating a new menu item called for example Kids that points to a directory full of kids movies, so that it displays in the same way that Movies and TV Shows do?
Thanks in advance,
Rev
1. Add the directory with kids movies to your video sources
settings>media sources>videos>add videos
-browse to your kids movie folder and select it

2. Add "Kids" to main menu
settings>skin>home menu>customize main menu
-once you're here, hit the "+" button to add a new item
-select the new <None> item and hit "set label" to give it a name
-hit "change action" then select: video library>sources, then select the source you added in step one

than you can use the up and down buttons to change the position of the "Kids" item in the list.  As for widgets, I don't know if you'll get any artwork if you add a widget to that item on your home page... maybe somebody else can advise how to do that.
i am usingkodi 19 default skin with skin shortcuts
create play list
use skinshortcuts add play list
ImageImageImageImage
(2021-04-30, 02:13)the_other_guy Wrote: i am usingkodi 19 default skin with skin shortcuts
create play list
ImageImageImageImage
The default kodi 19 skin has skin shortcuts and allows customization?
Hey,
How can I setup the weather to show „forecast and hourly“?
Actually I can only see forecast.
Thanks
This depends on Your weather provider. This is Multiweather.

(2021-05-06, 15:55)Mahava Wrote:
(2021-04-30, 02:13)the_other_guy Wrote: i am usingkodi 19 default skin with skin shortcuts
create play list
ImageImageImageImage
The default kodi 19 skin has skin shortcuts and allows customization?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=351543
it is an update from the 18 skin skin.estuary-skinshortcuts (24) (kodi.tv)
(2021-03-23, 02:02)the_other_guy Wrote:
(2021-03-20, 17:45)bassalex2 Wrote: Hello everyone.
Will there be a version for kodi 19?

D.I.Y for kodi 19
edit addon.xml and change <requires>
xml:
<requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>

<import addon="script.skinshortcuts" version="1.1.4"/>

<import addon="script.module.metadatautils" version="1.0.38"/>
        <import addon="script.module.cherrypy" version="12.0.2"/>
        <import addon="script.module.musicbrainz" version="0.7.0"/>
        <import addon="script.module.thetvdb" version="1.0.29"/>
        <import addon="script.skin.helper.service" version="1.1.33"/>
        <import addon="script.skin.helper.widgets" version="1.0.42"/>
        <import addon="script.image.resource.select" version="1.0.0"/>
    </requires>

link for skin helper service (19) (kodi.tv) https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3020831

to fix errors edit home.xml
and remove 
xml:
    <!-- <include content="WidgetListGenres" condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(hide_genremovies)"> -->
                            <!-- <param name="content_path" value="plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=browsegenres&mediatype=movies&limit=1000"/> -->
                            <!-- <param name="widget_header" value="$LOCALIZE[135]"/> -->
                            <!-- <param name="widget_header_focus" value="$INFO[Container(5500).ListItem.Label, | ]"/> -->
                            <!-- <param name="widget_target" value="videos"/> -->
                            <!-- <param name="sortby" value="sorttitle"/> -->
                            <!-- <param name="list_id" value="5500"/> -->
                        <!-- </include> -->

skin.estuary.modv2\scripts    viewswitcher.py   remove line 10 xbmc.log("service.skin.viewswitcher - Start service", level=xbmc.LOGNOTICE)

Thank you!!!
Everything worked out!!!

Good luck to you
(2021-03-23, 02:02)the_other_guy Wrote:
(2021-03-20, 17:45)bassalex2 Wrote: Hello everyone.
Will there be a version for kodi 19?

D.I.Y for kodi 19
edit addon.xml and change <requires>
xml:
<requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>

<import addon="script.skinshortcuts" version="1.1.4"/>

<import addon="script.module.cherrypy" version="12.0.2"/>
        <import addon="script.module.musicbrainz" version="0.7.0"/>
        <import addon="script.module.thetvdb" version="1.0.29"/>
        <import addon="script.skin.helper.service" version="1.1.33"/>
        <import addon="script.skin.helper.widgets" version="1.0.42"/>
        <import addon="script.image.resource.select" version="1.0.0"/>
    </requires>

link for skin helper service (19) (kodi.tv) https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3020831

to fix errors edit home.xml
and remove 
xml:
    <!-- <include content="WidgetListGenres" condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(hide_genremovies)"> -->
                            <!-- <param name="content_path" value="plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=browsegenres&mediatype=movies&limit=1000"/> -->
                            <!-- <param name="widget_header" value="$LOCALIZE[135]"/> -->
                            <!-- <param name="widget_header_focus" value="$INFO[Container(5500).ListItem.Label, | ]"/> -->
                            <!-- <param name="widget_target" value="videos"/> -->
                            <!-- <param name="sortby" value="sorttitle"/> -->
                            <!-- <param name="list_id" value="5500"/> -->
                        <!-- </include> -->

skin.estuary.modv2\scripts    viewswitcher.py   remove line 10 xbmc.log("service.skin.viewswitcher - Start service", level=xbmc.LOGNOTICE)
Just a question, before I was aware of these instructions, I got the LOGNOTICE error but I fixed it (or think I fixed it) by changing LOGNOTICE to LOGINFO wherever it appeared in viewswitcher.py

I'm gonna try this instead.  But what to do about the other instances of "LOGNOTICE"?  Does deleting line 10 make the remaining instances dead code?  If so, then why not delete the rest?  I don't know much about this stuff, I'm just trying to patch up this skin so it works on my Matrix setup.
Quote:I got the LOGNOTICE error but I fixed it (or think I fixed it) by changing LOGNOTICE to LOGINFO wherever it appeared in viewswitcher.py
Yes, that's the right way as LOGNOTICE is deprecated in K19 and now named LOGINFO. Removing line 10 as above mentioned only suppress the log message. That makes the script not compatible with Python 3. Same for the skin. With the changes above you make the skin runnable with K19, but last changes of code was in 2019, so none of skin improvements and further development are applied to the skin. Not talking about bugs at all.
(2021-05-18, 19:18)_BJ1 Wrote:
Quote:I got the LOGNOTICE error but I fixed it (or think I fixed it) by changing LOGNOTICE to LOGINFO wherever it appeared in viewswitcher.py
Yes, that's the right way as LOGNOTICE is deprecated in K19 and now named LOGINFO. Removing line 10 as above mentioned only suppress the log message. That makes the script not compatible with Python 3. Same for the skin. With the changes above you make the skin runnable with K19, but last changes of code was in 2019, so none of skin improvements and further development are applied to the skin. Not talking about bugs at all.
Ok, thanks.   So, I'll leave mine as is and hope somebody will make the improvements and develop this skin properly.  It really is an awesome skin...props to Guillouz and others.
  • 311(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)17