• 103(current)
Release Google Drive for KODI
Hi:
Kodi Matrix. Some movies can't play, show this message:
"unknow error: 'ascii' vpdec can't en ode carácter '\xed' in position 4: ordinal not in range (128). Please try Again.
[font][font]very goog someone has had this error in the registry,when trying to reproduce in google drive:failed to load addon setting from special://profile/dggon_data/plugin.googledrive7settings.xml[/font][/font]
(2021-03-21, 08:55)Neo13 Wrote: Hi:
Kodi Matrix. Some movies can't play, show this message:
"unknow error: 'ascii' vpdec can't en ode carácter '\xed' in position 4: ordinal not in range (128). Please try Again.

So do I... I had the same error using android and linux.... 

I will try to recreate the error and upload a log file.

Also I cannot choose which stream to play, it defaults to original. Even if I choose that I want a determined format to play in the settings, it will ignore that and defualt to original
Hi, I had asked about 1 month ago why the add-on for kodi was processing when there were no changes in my tv and movies folders? There was no reply but now I am realizing why and it's a bit alarming.

Why is add-on monitoring all of the changes on my entire google drive even changes outside of the movies and tv folders? How do I limit the scope of visibility the add-on is monitoring? This seems like a potential breach of my privacy and totally unnecessary since the add-on requires specific directories and files to be monitored? Furthermore, it is a total waste of time to wait for the add-on to scan, process and update folders and files not required for kodi.

Please advise, thanks
Month has passed and still having this error. I can't get this addon work anymore. Even uninstalling/reinstalling everything, Kodi, Add-on, etc. Using Gdrive shared drive.

Playback Failed
One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message.

Log, edit removed some personal info:
<mod edit - removed>

Are you guys still using this addon?
where's the edit button, supposed to removed that log.
(2021-04-16, 02:55)blind486 Wrote: where's the edit button, supposed to removed that log.

You're still a newbie account, so you don't have edit privs yet.

I've removed both log snippet link and quoted log, as I'm not sure what you wanted removed.

But please post full logs (feel free to remove personal info first) to the paste site rather than quoting logs here, and log snippets are rarely of any use. Full logs are more useful for maintainers to troubleshoot stuff.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I'm having that same error...

Are there any solutions?
Has anyone found out what is going on?

@Droidly I had the same problem as you did, it was scanning the whole thing. I opened the sqlite database file and made the changes, now it's working as it should. It only scans some folders I appontt he addon to.
(2021-04-29, 07:21)vtwin0001 Wrote: I'm having that same error...

Are there any solutions?
Has anyone found out what is going on?

@Droidly I had the same problem as you did, it was scanning the whole thing. I opened the sqlite database file and made the changes, now it's working as it should. It only scans some folders I appontt he addon to.
Thanks VTwin0001, I will give it a try but I haven't worked in the sqlite database before so I will try to proceed with caution. Maybe you can give me some detailed advice? If not now worries and thanks again for the info.

I am a windows 10 user but I have added an sqlite editor.

Droidly
i've used this addon for years and im thankfull for but now i had moved on with another addon that is providing me things i wished for
https://github.com/fandangos/rclone-addon

i was able to to use a different cloud storage provider and even use crypted data directly to Kodi using my TV BOX with this new addon, it is very easy to set up.
I've been using the rclone addon in Fire Stick 4K and TIVO STREAM 4K and it works great in both devises.
(2021-05-01, 04:00)WarPirobo Wrote: i've used this addon for years and im thankfull for but now i had moved on with another addon that is providing me things i wished for

i was able to to use a different cloud storage provider and even use crypted data directly to Kodi using my TV BOX with this new addon, it is very easy to set up.
Can you tell me how to set up rclone addon I already have rclone.conf but I don't understand how it works with this addon
I have a question.

When I check my video files on the Google Drive web browser, I see that Google transcodes as 360p and 720p version of a 720P video file.

In the Gdrive add-on settings I see an option to specify resolution.

If I choose 480P in the add-on settings will it serve a 480P version?

Basically I want to know if it's *only* the Transcoded resolutions on the Google Drive webpage that the add-on can serve.

I'm curious because for some reason my 4K videos only have 360P transcodes on the webpage
(2021-05-07, 16:30)Zurg Wrote:
(2021-05-01, 04:00)WarPirobo Wrote: i've used this addon for years and im thankfull for but now i had moved on with another addon that is providing me things i wished for

Can you tell me how to set up rclone addon I already have rclone.conf but I don't understand how it works with this addon
you need to place the rclone.conf in android/kodi/userdata and modify the main.py in the line 18 where is says ("os.popen(loc + " serve webdav "place the name of the remote here": --addr :23457 --config " + loc2 +)  put the name of the remote without the "" and then in Kodi videos menu, files, add files browse and then choose the last option that says remote location and then create a webdav HTTP with server LOCALHOST and port 23457 then hit ok and if says that there is an error create it anyway, then reboot the TV BOX and open Kodi then videos files add videos and then you should be able to see your stuff in the remote you created.
(2021-05-10, 21:17)WarPirobo Wrote:
(2021-05-07, 16:30)Zurg Wrote:

you need to place the rclone.conf in android/kodi/userdata and modify the main.py in the line 18 where is says ("os.popen(loc + " serve webdav "place the name of the remote here": --addr :23457 --config " + loc2 +)  put the name of the remote without the "" and then in Kodi videos menu, files, add files browse and then choose the last option that says remote location and then create a webdav HTTP with server LOCALHOST and port 23457 then hit ok and if says that there is an error create it anyway, then reboot the TV BOX and open Kodi then videos files add videos and then you should be able to see your stuff in the remote you created.
OK thank you I will try
  • 103(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Drive for KODI7