Most recent update breaks Jellyfin for Kodi plugin
@bsoriano I don't want to ALSO hijack, but with the latest version of Amber I'm seeing a couple of odd things. My currently watched TV nodes are merging 4K and 1080p episodes together, even though I've got them separated and previously it was working; recently added 4K movies are showing the 1080p versions even though the 4K version already existed and it was only the 1080p version that was added recently. Should I just create a new thread for that?
(2021-01-09, 18:27)Offsprin Wrote: @bsoriano I don't want to ALSO hijack, but with the latest version of Amber I'm seeing a couple of odd things. My currently watched TV nodes are merging 4K and 1080p episodes together, even though I've got them separated and previously it was working; recently added 4K movies are showing the 1080p versions even though the 4K version already existed and it was only the 1080p version that was added recently. Should I just create a new thread for that?
@Offsprin , please do.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I discovered another fanart bug and considered making a new thread, but since we'd already been discussing the same type of issue here, I decided to just resurrect this thread.  Tongue

Just wanted to let you know that I discovered when the "Show Parent Folder Items" option is enabled, the incorrect fanart is displayed when actually hovering over the (..) "parent item" in an actual folder while in file view (not library view), a random fanart is displayed instead of the expected fanart that correctly displays when highlighting any of the actual episodes.

As usual, I appreciate all the work you put into this amazing skin!
(2021-04-29, 23:50)Variable! Wrote: I discovered another fanart bug and considered making a new thread, but since we'd already been discussing the same type of issue here, I decided to just resurrect this thread.  Tongue

Just wanted to let you know that I discovered when the "Show Parent Folder Items" option is enabled, the incorrect fanart is displayed when actually hovering over the (..) "parent item" in an actual folder while in file view (not library view), a random fanart is displayed instead of the expected fanart that correctly displays when highlighting any of the actual episodes.

As usual, I appreciate all the work you put into this amazing skin!
@Variable! , the expected behavior in Files view is that there is no fanart shown for the ".." item.  That is what happens in the latest Amber version from GitHub, and is what I see that happens in other skins, like Estuary.  The parent folder item does not have any art associated with it in Kodi.  

In order to display some fanart for this item in File view, I could display the default Amber background (like some skins do), or I could display the fanart of the next item in the list.  This second approach would work well in cases like the one you mention, since all of the next items are episodes of the same tv show.  However, it would not work well on a folder where all of the items are either from different tv shows, or are different movies, or music videos.

Having said that, since you are the one requesting for this to be changed, which of the two options would you prefer? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
"However, it would not work well on a folder where all of the items are either from different tv shows, or are different movies, or music videos."

That is a very good point, in which case, displaying the default background is probably the best choice.  Browsing within the seasons and episodes of a particular tv show and suddenly seeing a random fanart from an entirely different tv show appear momentarily when you enter a subfolder (and the ".." parent folder item is highlighted by default) feels somewhat jarring and unusual, but the momentary appearence of a generic default background until the user moves the cursor would probably make for the best user experience.
(2021-04-30, 00:51)Variable! Wrote: "However, it would not work well on a folder where all of the items are either from different tv shows, or are different movies, or music videos."

That is a very good point, in which case, displaying the default background is probably the best choice.  Browsing within the seasons and episodes of a particular tv show and suddenly seeing a random fanart from an entirely different tv show appear momentarily when you enter a subfolder (and the ".." parent folder item is highlighted by default) feels somewhat jarring and unusual, but the momentary appearence of a generic default background until the user moves the cursor would probably make for the best user experience.

@Variable! Thanks for replying. I will make those changes tomorrow and upload to Github.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-04-30, 00:51)Variable! Wrote: "However, it would not work well on a folder where all of the items are either from different tv shows, or are different movies, or music videos."

@Variable! , the changes are already on GitHub.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Most recent update breaks Jellyfin for Kodi plugin0