• 10(current)
Win Music Media Helper App (Tools for Concerts & Audio)
(2021-04-27, 22:14)HomerJau Wrote: Can we discuss Music Video Library enhancements for Kodi.

Sure, but I guess your thread is not the place to do that.   There is already a thread I started a while ago when I first started looking at the music video side of things where we can discuss things further.  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356598
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I should have a first beta version of MMH with the NFO editor for Concerts/Music Videos ready tomorrow.

If anyone wants to try let me know and I’ll send a link via a PM here (@MikeKL @Sylfest @black_eagle)

This will create NFOs formatted as per the example NFO @black_eagle posted earlier, with support for all the tags including multiple performers (actors).

The first beta will support manual editing of the release data in any music video NFO and will also enable all file NFOs to be updated from the concert.nfo created by previous versions of MMH.

If you have split your concerts into track files, edit the concert.nfo first. Then all it’s common tags will be copied to existing (or new) track nfo files for videos in the same folder. Common tags excludes song title and track during the non concert.nfo updates.

You can use the MMH Video Batch Tool to update all the music video NFOs in same folder as the concert.nfo. You can do this at anytime in the future. E.g. Change common concert tags and update those changes in the track files.

Based on user feedback I’ll make additional updates in the next beta.

I still need to workout best online resource(s) to scrape the data and images: Artist and performer images. Is the aspect ratio important? Are there any other apps that handle getting these images now? Can Kodi do it? Can MMH get the image URL from Kodi? Etc...
(2021-04-28, 09:48)black_eagle Wrote:
(2021-04-27, 22:14)HomerJau Wrote: Can we discuss Music Video Library enhancements for Kodi.

Sure, but I guess your thread is not the place to do that.   There is already a thread I started a while ago when I first started looking at the music video side of things where we can discuss things further.  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356598
Thanks. I was looking for that thread yesterday.
(2021-04-28, 09:48)HomerJau Wrote: If anyone wants to try let me know and I’ll send a link via a PM here (@MikeKL @Sylfest @black_eagle)
I can give it a spin if you want me testing it. Otherwise I'll wait patiently.
@HomerJau Count me in for beta testing of MMH and providing feedback, I am new to music video scene (compared to audio) and have minimal pre-conceived ideas on what’s best approach because of where Kodi was in previous releases and where it may/will be in future.

What is general view today on storing/duplicating .nfo information as tags within .mkv for Kodi and/or using tags to create .nfo
Which will MMH view as master, it feels right that tags added to individual .mkv should be ideally master with .nfo including even concert .nfo being slaves.
(Is this a naive perception?)

I am already using in parallel mp3tag with its link to MusicBrainz to check limited number of .mkv tags being included by MMH.

---edit---additional thought for improvement---

Could it be possible to find/load concert information from MusicBrainz into the MMH "rename media/tag files" grid, by directly entering URL https://musicbrainz.org/release/795b9bc6...41402b9fe2
Wanted to use this to aid the add/build of information per track for Live 8 concert and then save tag information into .mkv's
Currently unable to load it via search by artist, album information even when correctly completing fields exactly as in MusicBrainz. (Using MMH release 4.1.12)
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
I’ve made good progress on scraping concert data including fetching images of performers, getting concert info and scraping the video codec data (video and audio codecs). The NFO editing dialog is now completed, but I haven’t integrated the new scraper yet.

I decided won’t release the first beta until I’ve built a dialog allowing users to select which performer’s image to use in the Kodi concert info screen like this example posted by @black_eagle as the scraper returns multiple images per performer (I’m fussy about this, I like a photo of the performer at about the age the concert was recorded in 1990, not at age 70):

This update also fetches the concert outline and ‘plot’ (description of the concert performance - where, when etc) which will appear in this dialog (I think, not tested in Kodi yet). I can also get the performers biography but not sure how or if Kodi shows this.

I will have the first beta ready over the weekend (Thursday 5:00pm here now)
(2021-04-29, 09:03)HomerJau Wrote: This update also fetches the concert outline and ‘plot’ (description of the concert performance - where, when etc) which will appear in this dialog (I think, not tested in Kodi yet).

Yes, it will be shown where the 'cast' is in the screenshot.
(2021-04-29, 09:03)HomerJau Wrote: I can also get the performers biography but not sure how or if Kodi shows this.

Partly depends on the skin as to where it's shown but it comes from the music database.  Kodi has no method (currently) of scraping and storing actor bio's, instead it relies on a helper script to fetch those details.  However, the music db is perfectly capable of scraping info for artists/performers/producers etc so there is some crossover between the two.  If the artist/performer exists in the music db then the bio and image will be fetched from there.  Note that this can be (and often is) a different artist image from the one that appears in the artist list for the concert in the info dialog (which comes from the nfo file).

Nox:silvo does not display the artist bio when browsing music video artists (Estuary does) but will display it if you press <i> AND the artist is present in the music library db.  This is the same artist info dialog that the music db uses and can be used to update the art, bio etc
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks for the reply. I’ll scan some test nfo files in Kodi over next day or two and checkout what happens.

I guess I could always add an option in MMH to update some artist info in the music db (thumbs and biography). I’ve seen other scrapers with an option to write to the Kodi dbs. I won’t do this until later though (and only if this helps get that into info Kodi).
(2021-04-28, 20:18)MikeKL Wrote: @HomerJau Count me in for beta testing of MMH and providing feedback, I am new to music video scene (compared to audio) and have minimal pre-conceived ideas on what’s best approach because of where Kodi was in previous releases and where it may/will be in future.

What is general view today on storing/duplicating .nfo information as tags within .mkv for Kodi and/or using tags to create .nfo
Which will MMH view as master, it feels right that tags added to individual .mkv should be ideally master with .nfo including even concert .nfo being slaves.
(Is this a naive perception?)

I am already using in parallel mp3tag with its link to MusicBrainz to check limited number of .mkv tags being included by MMH.

---edit---additional thought for improvement---

Could it be possible to find/load concert information from MusicBrainz into the MMH "rename media/tag files" grid, by directly entering URL https://musicbrainz.org/release/795b9bc6...41402b9fe2
Wanted to use this to aid the add/build of information per track for Live 8 concert and then save tag information into .mkv's
Currently unable to load it via search by artist, album information even when correctly completing fields exactly as in MusicBrainz. (Using MMH release 4.1.12)
Kodi doesn’t read all the tags in MKV files so tagging them isn’t going to work. There’s limited standard tag names defined for Matroska files for music. MMH uses same tags as MM3Tad, but that’s not a ‘standard’. Kodi (eventually) may require different tags.

Currently NFO files are the only easy method to get MKV files into the music video library. In MMH concert.nfo is the ‘master’, individual song NFOs are updated from the master concert.nfo. Tags are ignored by both MMH and Kodi.

I’ll take a look at your MusicBrainz tagging issue, not finding Live 8. MMH should find a release if in MusicBrain db.
(2021-04-28, 20:18)MikeKL Wrote: ---edit---additional thought for improvement---

I fixed an issue MMH had in finding ‘Various Artists’ in MusicBrainz today. It now finds ‘Various Artist’ ‘Live 8: One Day One Concert’. I’ve also changed the MMH MusicBrainz track lookup to add the Artist as a prefix to the track name if all the tracks don’t have the same Artist. Example for Live 8: A track name would be ‘U2 - Vertigo’

I’ll get that update to you tomorrow with these changes. You will then be able to use the Rename & Tag tool to do what you want pretty quickly.

The new music video scraper is close to completion.
Homerjau, apologies for not responding sooner regarding explanation that NFO's are currently best way to manage Music Video Material in Kodi as its not going to read any included tagging anytime soon etc.

I had already bought into idea that Music videos concerts that we own can/should be split into individual .mkv files per track as will provide greatest mixed selection playback flexibility of our music videos in Kodi.

My learning queries seem to surround use of MusicBrainz within MMH and how a search/result from MusicBrainz may be used to aid specifically Music Video track information definition/update. (as distinct from audio only tagging)
So once we have information from MusicBrainz is overall idea to always include tags within .mkv in order to be able to subsequently utilise information to improve and enhance .nfo editing/updating?

Or could longer term goal to directly edit/update .nfo information from MusicBrainz data like we are already able for file tagging using MMH grid feature?
Again just my thoughts based on an improving understanding.

Thanks for taking look and fixing Various Artist lookup issue, will for sure give it a test with 116 created .mkvs using MMH (Currently using MMH v4.1.12)

Just a FYI, attempted to use mp3tag on a number of the .mkv’s in interim and whilst it works, with resulting saved tagging included in mkv which can be checked/validated in mp3tag; none of resulting added tags appear to be being recognised by MMH when same mkv files re-read into MMH
(Well at least for me with the Rename/Tag Media Files Grid set for video renaming/tagging)

mkv file read into mp3tag, showing tags previously saved with mkv by mp3tag

standard tags https://imgur.com/ODHlq1u  addtional extended tags https://imgur.com/a/jG27mtH

Same mkv file read in MMH, no tag data shown https://imgur.com/a/Z3Qgn1I
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2021-04-30, 16:16)MikeKL Wrote: My learning queries seem to surround use of MusicBrainz within MMH and how a search/result from MusicBrainz may be used to aid specifically Music Video track information definition/update. (as distinct from audio only tagging)
So once we have information from MusicBrainz is overall idea to always include tags within .mkv in order to be able to subsequently utilise information to improve and enhance .nfo editing/updating?

Historically MMH always just created NFO files. Recently I added tagging of the MKV files for a JRiver Media Centre user. As you know, Kodi can't use tags in MKV for music data, so until Kodi can my plan is to use existing NFOs as the source (once created)
(2021-04-30, 16:16)MikeKL Wrote: Or could longer term goal to directly edit/update .nfo information from MusicBrainz data like we are already able for file tagging using MMH grid feature?
MMH is doing this now. It updates a file named ‘concert.nfo’ (not used by Kodi)and when a user recreates the video NFOs the date from concert.nfo is copied to the video NFOs.

MusicBrainz tag data is used to name the tracks (and file names). I am currently working on a new Music Video Scraper that will get additional data for concerts, this data will be added to any NFO files already created by MMH (or by any other method, including manually created nfos etc)
(2021-04-30, 16:16)MikeKL Wrote: Just a FYI, attempted to use mp3tag on a number of the .mkv’s in interim and whilst it works, with resulting saved tagging included in mkv which can be checked/validated in mp3tag; none of resulting added tags appear to be being recognised by MMH when same mkv files re-read into MMH
(Well at least for me with the Rename/Tag Media Files Grid set for video renaming/tagging)

mkv file read into mp3tag, showing tags previously saved with mkv by mp3tag

standard tags https://imgur.com/ODHlq1u  addtional extended tags https://imgur.com/a/jG27mtH

Same mkv file read in MMH, no tag data shown https://imgur.com/a/Z3Qgn1I

Currently MMH does not read any tags from MKV. I should updated it so if tags do exist they get loaded into the Rename & Tag tool's grid. But it makes more sense to get that data from NFOs if they exist (for Kodi users). Maybe a new preferences: Existing Tag Data File Source= NFO or MKV?

I PM'd you a link to a MMH Beta version with the MusicBrainz 'Various Artist' bug fix and support for looking up a MusicBrainz ReleaseID directly when pasted into the 'Album Name' text box (then click: Find). Also, now if multiple track artists are found track names (and file names) are auto prefixed with the track artist name.

These changes will be included in the next official MMH release. Example: 04. U2 - Vertigo

I should have a new Beta with a the new Concert Scraper ready to try soon:
Now gets more data (tags) online including performers and saves to the NFOs.
Also fetches performer images and additional Posters and Fanart (and allows users to choose which art to use).
There's a new tool to edit the NFOs via a UI, which may help casual non-computer type users make manual changes. This implements fetching existing data when a user updates existing NFOs (as discussed earlier). MMH does this now but only for a few simple tags. Next version has many tags, some with multiple attributes. 
MMH will also add Video and Audio stream data to the nfo file (codecs, aspect ratio etc)

THX
Garry
(2021-04-30, 16:16)MikeKL Wrote: Or could longer term goal be to directly edit/update .nfo information from MusicBrainz data like we are already able for file tagging using MMH grid feature?
(2021-05-01, 07:20)HomerJau Wrote: MMH is doing this now. It updates a file named ‘concert.nfo’ (not used by Kodi)and when a user recreates the video NFOs the data from concert.nfo is copied to the video NFOs.

MusicBrainz tag data is used to name the tracks (and file names). I am currently working on a new Music Video Scraper that will get additional data for concerts, this data will be added to any NFO files already created by MMH (or by any other method, including manually created nfos etc)
Here I meant to say is it possible to update specific individual .nfo of each .mkv with specific "track differences" from the overall concert .nfo as MHH Grid with included/edited from other sources "tag information" can provide. (i.e. Specific artist(s) within "Various Artists" concert)

On a separate note, does anyone know how I can ensure folder.jpg when stored in concert folder is being utilised and presented in standard estuary skin, at the moment folder.jpg seems to be being completely ignored.
Kodi appears to be extracting/presenting video thumbnail from each .mkv as far as I can tell and not sure/clear how-to override with folder.jpg where it’s appropriate i.e. in Music Video -> Album view

Assume I doing something wrong and it’s simple addition within concert.nfo or do we need album.nfo or something else.. (i.e. Must adhere to very rigid folder naming structure for concert music videos)
Kodi just extracting thumbnail from each .mkv as far as I can tell and not sure/clear howto overide with folder.jpg
(2021-05-01, 12:33)MikeKL Wrote: Here I meant to say is it possible to update specific individual .nfo of each .mkv with specific "track differences" from the overall concert .nfo as MHH Grid with included/edited from other sources "tag information" can provide. (i.e. Specific artist(s) within "Various Artists" concert)

The current version of MMH uses what’s in the ‘concert.nfo’ to create song MKVs when you recreate the NFO files for a concert folder, but adds the specific song MKV tags (track, title). There are no other song file tags supported in Kodi. For example there’s not an AlbumArtist and Artist tag. Only Artist which must be set to the Concert Artist to group all the files as the Concert tracks in Kodi.

For a ‘Various Artists’ concert the track names and file names are prefixed with the track artist as a workaround. So when viewing the concerts’s tracks in Kodi’s music video library (from the ‘Album’ view) you see the track artist name (e.g. ‘04. U2 - Vertigo’).

I intend adding a new NFO editor to a future MMH version where you can edit individual song NFOs, but in Kodi (currently) the only sensible edits I can think of would be to change the Performers (Actors) in the case where you want to list another guest appearance for just one or two songs in the concert. I may be able to automate this. It’s on my To Do list but this data isn’t always available from some investigation so far.
(2021-04-28, 19:00)Sylfest Wrote: I can give it a spin if you want me testing it. Otherwise I'll wait patiently.

@HomerJau  well sign me up for the beta. I got some Blu-Rays arriving in the mail today Smile
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Media Helper App (Tools for Concerts & Audio)2