• 180(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2021-04-30, 13:59)jacky_smith Wrote: Hi,

I have been using Xonfluence for years. It is the best skin for me because it is very customisable.

Until Kodi version 18 it was possible to use the addon "artistslideshow" in version 2.x. Unfortunately, version 3.x never worked.
With Kodi version 19, there was a change to Python 3, so that "artistslideshow" in version 2.x no longer works. But now there is "artistslideshow" in version 3.3.1+matrix.1, but unfortunately this version does not work with Xonfluence for Matrix.
Can we expect a solution here?

With Kodi 19, there is the entry "music videos" in the main menu.
Unfortunately, the item "Artist" is missing in the submenu of "music videos".
It would be nice if this could be fixed.

Thanks for your great work.

Regards
jacky_smith
@jacky_smith , could you please try the latest from GitHub? I have fixed both issues.

I did not add the Artists item to the default Concerts menu, since it was not there before.  I have added the ability for you to choose it from the options when you configure the submenu items, by choosing Concerts Menu and then Concerts Artists, like so:

Please confirm that both issues are solved.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-04-30, 05:17)GavinCampbell Wrote: Hi,

I'm trying to use this skin (on Matrix) with profiles enabled and when I log off a profile it automatically logs me back on to the master profile instead of taking me to the logon screen.

I don't have many addon's installed and tried disabling everything to get a fresh profile and it still happens.

Any ideas as to what could be happening or what I could try?  I tried a different skin and it works as expected.
@GavinCampbell , my apologies, but I have not been able to figure out what is the issue in this case.  This one seems to be beyond my capabilities.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-04-30, 22:08)bsoriano Wrote: @GavinCampbell , my apologies, but I have not been able to figure out what is the issue in this case.  This one seems to be beyond my capabilities.

No problem.  Were you able to reproduce it?  I'll take a stab at it.  There must be something in the skin initialization.  The profiles in v19 are kind of messed up.  When you logoff to the logon screen it actually loads the master profile.  So I'm thinking its refreshing the screen instead of leavingt he logon screen visible.

I've been usine the aeon nox silvo skin with no issues.  So its just trying to figure out whats causing it.

I'm just a big fan of confluence, but wanted the customization powers of xonfluence.
(2021-04-30, 20:47)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-30, 20:42)VonMagnum Wrote:
(2021-04-30, 12:47)bsoriano Wrote: @VonMagnum, thanks for confirming that it is working, and for your kind words.

As for the Kodi setting, yes, I know of a script that can set/reset settings, so in theory it is possible.  Could you please post a screenshot of what setting it is?  Also, how do you envision this? A button in the OSD? Maybe a prompt when a file starts to play? If the latter, what are the file extensions that would need to have the setting turned off when you start playing them in Android?  Again, I am not 100% sure it is doable, but I am willing to give it a go.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @VonMagnum , to ensure that I get the correct setting, could you please in your Android system turn hw acceleration off in Kodi, and then PM a link to your "guisettings.xml" file? You can upload it to whatever cloud storage you use and PM me the link.  I checked the script I was thinking of, and it can change the value for almost all Kodi settings.  So, I was thinking of the following:

1. Add an option in Xonfluence settings to enable asking to disable hardware acceleration at the start of playback for xxx, yyyy, zzz type files (the option would only show up in an Android system, and you tell me which types of files are xxx, yyy, zzz and whatever others).

2. If the option in 1. is enabled, then, at the start of playback of one of the types of files you tell me, Xonfluence would pause the video, and show you a dialog asking if you want to turn off hardware acceleration for this video, if it is not turned off already.  If you answer Yes, then via script.embuary.helper, Xonfluence would turn off the Kodi harware acceleration setting, and continue playing the video.

In order for this to work, I need to see your "guisettings.xml" file with the setting turned off (I do not have an Android system I can test with); if the setting is in that file, then embuary helper can set/reset/change its value.

I'll have to get it tonight.  I was thinking just an option to check filetype playing and turn it off just for those filetypes.  I don't want to have to answer a question before playing.

@VonMagnum, that's doable as well. I just need, besides the file that I asked for, which file types this should apply to.

I would add an option in the skin settings to enable it anyway, since not all users might want hw acceleration turned off.

Regards,

Bart

I sent a link to the file.  The only ones I'm aware of offhand are .AVI and .WMV

There might be others, but I'm not sure what offhand.  Those are the two I have that present a problem here.
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
I just tried watching a movie and I was getting choppy video.  No hardware setting seemed to make a difference. I then tried switching to the regular Confluence and it played smooth as silk.  I could even see the interface hesitating with Xonfluence. I don't know what it is, but I get the feeling a script or something is running that is somehow affecting both the interface and video playing.  Has anyone else noticed an issue?
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2021-05-01, 07:46)VonMagnum Wrote: I just tried watching a movie and I was getting choppy video.  No hardware setting seemed to make a difference. I then tried switching to the regular Confluence and it played smooth as silk.  I could even see the interface hesitating with Xonfluence. I don't know what it is, but I get the feeling a script or something is running that is somehow affecting both the interface and video playing.  Has anyone else noticed an issue?
@VonMagnum, I have not experienced this.  Confluence does not run any addons, not even favorites or artist slideshow.  I will look at the code and provide settings to disable the addons that Xonfluence runs, to see if that makes a difference.  I hope I can do that this weekend.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-04-30, 21:28)bsoriano Wrote:

I have been using Xonfluence for years. It is the best skin for me because it is very customisable.

Until Kodi version 18 it was possible to use the addon "artistslideshow" in version 2.x. Unfortunately, version 3.x never worked.
With Kodi version 19, there was a change to Python 3, so that "artistslideshow" in version 2.x no longer works. But now there is "artistslideshow" in version 3.3.1+matrix.1, but unfortunately this version does not work with Xonfluence for Matrix.

Regards
jacky_smith
@jacky_smith , could you please try the latest from GitHub? I have fixed both issues.

I did not add the Artists item to the default Concerts menu, since it was not there before.  I have added the ability for you to choose it from the options when you configure the submenu items, by choosing Concerts Menu and then Concerts Artists, like so:

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

I have 2 systems:
1. PC Windows 10 with Kodi 19 and Xonfluence.
2. Zotac Mini PC with Libreelec 9.2.6

System 1:
Your adjustments work fine here. Both the menu item "Music Video" and "Artist Slideshow".
Thank you very much for your quick solution. Very good work.

System 2:
Xonfluence cannot yet be installed under Matrix because Libreelec has not yet been finally adapted to Matrix (dependency error).
However, I have also made your adjustments to Xonfluence with Kodi 18 under Libreelec. Now I can also access the artists in the music videos. That's fine.
However, "Artist Slideshow 3.3" still doesn't work with Kodi 18 and Xonfluence.
The problem does not need to be solved, however, as I assume that Xonfluence can be installed with the final version of Libreelec and that "Artist Slideshow" will then also work in the Matrix version.

Thanks again

Regards
jacky_smith
(2021-05-01, 14:35)jacky_smith Wrote:
(2021-04-30, 21:28)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards
jacky_smith

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

I have 2 systems:
1. PC Windows 10 with Kodi 19 and Xonfluence.
2. Zotac Mini PC with Libreelec 9.2.6

System 1:
Your adjustments work fine here. Both the menu item "Music Video" and "Artist Slideshow".
Thank you very much for your quick solution. Very good work.

System 2:
Xonfluence cannot yet be installed under Matrix because Libreelec has not yet been finally adapted to Matrix (dependency error).
However, I have also made your adjustments to Xonfluence with Kodi 18 under Libreelec. Now I can also access the artists in the music videos. That's fine.
However, "Artist Slideshow 3.3" still doesn't work with Kodi 18 and Xonfluence.
The problem does not need to be solved, however, as I assume that Xonfluence can be installed with the final version of Libreelec and that "Artist Slideshow" will then also work in the Matrix version.

Thanks again

Regards
jacky_smith
@jacky_smith , thanks for confirming.  And yes, I am only working on Xonfluence for Matrix.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-04-30, 22:08)bsoriano Wrote: @GavinCampbell , my apologies, but I have not been able to figure out what is the issue in this case.  This one seems to be beyond my capabilities.

Found it... Its in the startup.xml.  All the code that was added for intro movies and playlists causes it to reload the master profile when you log off of the other profiles.  If I just replace the startup.xml with the one from the confluence skin it works ask expected.  I'm not sure how to fix it permanently, just was able to figure out why it was broken and how I could work around it.
(2021-05-01, 17:15)GavinCampbell Wrote:

Found it... Its in the startup.xml.  All the code that was added for intro movies and playlists causes it to reload the master profile when you log off of the other profiles.  If I just replace the startup.xml with the one from the confluence skin it works ask expected.  I'm not sure how to fix it permanently, just was able to figure out why it was broken and how I could work around it.
@GavinCampbell , excellent detective work, thanks! Smile

I will think about the best way to make that code optional and I will do some testing.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Tongue 
hi guys

a problem that was already in old versions of xonfluence

just check the picture, it's more understandable then my poor english Tongue

(2021-05-01, 21:12)dkangel Wrote: hi guys

@dkangel,

Thank you for reporting this. I will look into it.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-01, 21:12)dkangel Wrote: hi guys

@dkangel , this is fixed already in the latest on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-01, 17:15)GavinCampbell Wrote:

@GavinCampbell , I think I found a way around the issue.  Please try the latest from GitHub.  The startup.xml is different, it still has the code to show the intro video or startup playlist, but in a different way.  I tested it on Matrix nad it worked, even though somethimes it took a little while to get the login screen again.  I think this last bit is due to issues with the Kodi profile system.

Please test and let me know if the issue is fixed for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-01, 07:46)VonMagnum Wrote: I just tried watching a movie and I was getting choppy video.  No hardware setting seemed to make a difference. I then tried switching to the regular Confluence and it played smooth as silk.  I could even see the interface hesitating with Xonfluence. I don't know what it is, but I get the feeling a script or something is running that is somehow affecting both the interface and video playing.  Has anyone else noticed an issue?
@VonMagnum , in the latest from GitHub, I have removed any addon dependency from Xonfluence.  So, now you do not need to have service.library.data.provider or script.favourites.  Could you test again, with service.library.data.provider disabled and see if playback is better? Please let me know.  Thanks.

If you want to use/see favourites, or video node stats, you need to enable the addons in Xonfluence's skin settings:

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
  • 180(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13