• 27(current)
Beta Sling
(2021-04-30, 07:07)d21spike Wrote:
(2021-04-30, 05:27)hagertyoh Wrote: It seems “My TV” does not work right now on Leia or Matrix builds. Is this a known issue or do you need logs to decipher the problem
Just pushed version 2021.4.30.1, should work.

Installed. it works again. Thanks.

I installed the sling guide to use the recording features. The Leia version works great. The Matrix version Does not open. I am not sure if it is a Matrix Libreelec issue or your program. Matrix libreelec is still in beta testing so not sure if all the bugs worked out. Unless you know the issue I was going to wait for libreelec to get further testing do a clean install and see if it clears up.
(2021-04-30, 17:26)hagertyoh Wrote:
(2021-04-30, 07:07)d21spike Wrote:
(2021-04-30, 05:27)hagertyoh Wrote: It seems “My TV” does not work right now on Leia or Matrix builds. Is this a known issue or do you need logs to decipher the problem
Just pushed version 2021.4.30.1, should work.

I installed the sling guide to use the recording features. The Leia version works great. The Matrix version Does not open. I am not sure if it is a Matrix Libreelec issue or your program. Matrix libreelec is still in beta testing so not sure if all the bugs worked out. Unless you know the issue I was going to wait for libreelec to get further testing do a clean install and see if it clears up.

I have the Matrix build running on a Win10 build with no issue as well as an ARM build on a Samsung phone/Nvidia Shield. I don't have a Libreelec setup to verify but sounds like it might be limited to that. The guide code-wise there is little to no difference as far as Leia or Matrix, just the usual changing python version and library differences. You can check logging for an error or wait and see if it's a beta issue.

What's the issue you are seeing specifically?
(2021-04-30, 17:45)d21spike Wrote:
(2021-04-30, 17:26)hagertyoh Wrote:
(2021-04-30, 07:07)d21spike Wrote: Just pushed version 2021.4.30.1, should work.

I have the Matrix build running on a Win10 build with no issue as well as an ARM build on a Samsung phone/Nvidia Shield. I don't have a Libreelec setup to verify but sounds like it might be limited to that. The guide code-wise there is little to no difference as far as Leia or Matrix, just the usual changing python version and library differences. You can check logging for an error or wait and see if it's a beta issue.

To help identify to problem, i installed sling guide on a rpi3 with Leia libreelec installed. I have the same issue as Matrix libreelec. The error shown on the screen is “there was a problem launching the modal guide window. Looking in the log the error shows

“ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /storage/.kodi/addons/script.sling_guide/resources/skins/Default
ERROR: EXCEPTION: XML File for Window is missing”

Looking through the file manager, the folder is there the same as my Leia ARM install.

Thanks
When I try to update from 0.0.110 to 2021.4.31.1
I get a dependence error for xbmc.python 3.0.0 could not be met.
Can I assume this update does not work on Leia?
(2021-05-02, 03:49)hagertyoh Wrote:
(2021-04-30, 17:45)d21spike Wrote:
(2021-04-30, 17:26)hagertyoh Wrote: Installed. it works again. Thanks.

To help identify to problem, i installed sling guide on a rpi3 with Leia libreelec installed. I have the same issue as Matrix libreelec. The error shown on the screen is “there was a problem launching the modal guide window. Looking in the log the error shows

“ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /storage/.kodi/addons/script.sling_guide/resources/skins/Default

Looking through the file manager, the folder is there the same as my Leia ARM install.

Thanks

Hmm I do notice that my "Default" folder is all lowercase and in your error it's capitalized. If you want, you can try to rename the directory and see if that makes it happy.
(2021-05-02, 14:47)Penbrock Wrote: When I try to update from 0.0.110 to 2021.4.31.1

You are trying to run a Matrix build on Kodi Leia. How did you install the addon?
(2021-05-02, 16:18)d21spike Wrote:
(2021-05-02, 03:49)hagertyoh Wrote:
(2021-04-30, 17:45)d21spike Wrote: I have the Matrix build running on a Win10 build with no issue as well as an ARM build on a Samsung phone/Nvidia Shield. I don't have a Libreelec setup to verify but sounds like it might be limited to that. The guide code-wise there is little to no difference as far as Leia or Matrix, just the usual changing python version and library differences. You can check logging for an error or wait and see if it's a beta issue.

Thanks

Hmm I do notice that my "Default" folder is all lowercase and in your error it's capitalized. If you want, you can try to rename the directory and see if that makes it happy.

That did it. Now works. Thanks
(2021-05-02, 16:19)d21spike Wrote:
(2021-05-02, 14:47)Penbrock Wrote: When I try to update from 0.0.110 to 2021.4.31.1

You are trying to run a Matrix build on Kodi Leia. How did you install the addon?
I think I had used IOFault-Repo back a while ago. Should I be using a different one?
(2021-05-02, 23:05)Penbrock Wrote: I think I had used IOFault-Repo back a while ago. Should I be using a different one?

IOFault-Repo is fine, just the default branch became Matrix since that is what Kodi is currently on.

The links below are to zip's in order to update the repo on your devices.

IOFault-Repo: Matrix
IOFault-Repo: Leia

Once, updated you'll be able to download the current version of Sling and Sling Guide.
(2021-05-02, 18:40)hagertyoh Wrote: That did it. Now works. Thanks

Glad to hear it, I'll test the change on other devices. If nothing breaks, I'll push it.
The latest update broke my sling playback. Libreelec might not have the latest inputstream adaptive just yet.
(2021-05-03, 17:16)hagertyoh Wrote: The latest update broke my sling playback. Libreelec might not have the latest inputstream adaptive just yet.

I don't believe it was my update, seems further upstream when playback is attempted. Not just Libreelec.

Correction, my mistake. Current live version should solve playback issues.
(2021-05-03, 18:47)d21spike Wrote:
(2021-05-03, 17:16)hagertyoh Wrote: The latest update broke my sling playback. Libreelec might not have the latest inputstream adaptive just yet.

I don't believe it was my update, seems further upstream when playback is attempted. Not just Libreelec.

Correction, my mistake. Current live version should solve playback issues.
Thanks all fixed.
@d21spike, thanks for this addon. I guess I am using it more and more. I have couple of items, if looking for improvements.

First, the sling guide addon - If you are hightlighting the selected cell, it does not show up in my system. It makes knowing which listing you are on hard. I am hoping you can fix this one. A long range item might be the ability to create a timer rule to new episodes.

In sling: I like using the built in guide also. I use Pluto tv and would like to use IPTV merge for both Sling and Pluto. If you could make configuring IPTV Simple client a manual process as opposed to automatically I think they could work together.
What do you think of making the Sling guide update process in the background so it does not show each time the guide updates?

I will place new feature in github if you think you might want to work on these.

Thanks
(2021-05-04, 16:49)hagertyoh Wrote: @d21spike, thanks for this addon. I guess I am using it more and more. I have couple of items, if looking for improvements.

First, the sling guide addon - If you are hightlighting the selected cell, it does not show up in my system. It makes knowing which listing you are on hard. I am hoping you can fix this one. A long range item might be the ability to create a timer rule to new episodes.

In sling: I like using the built in guide also. I use Pluto tv and would like to use IPTV merge for both Sling and Pluto. If you could make configuring IPTV Simple client a manual process as opposed to automatically I think they could work together.
What do you think of making the Sling guide update process in the background so it does not show each time the guide updates?

I will place new feature in github if you think you might want to work on these.

Thanks
  • Highlighting
    • What device/controls are you experiencing this on?
      • On touch devices, I do notice where the touch automatically launches playback. Probably will try to switch that to longpress.
      • On windows (or anything with keyboard/mouse) highlighting tracks either mouse movement or arrow keys. I believe it's the same behavior with remotes but I can't remember 100%.
  • Show/Series recording
    • Current implementation is based on what is visible in My TV and/or the Sling Guide. 
    • Sling (official) does offer "Series Recording". This is something that can be implemented in the future, no need for timers. 
      •  
        • Probably will be via a context menu and a given show.
  • IPTV Simple integration
    • As long as the Slinger service is enabled, Sling's internal web service runs hosting the channels playlist and guide data pages. This occurs regardless of the IPTV setting. So if you want to manage IPTV manually, disable the integration and import the guide data as you see fit.
    • I don't see much further development on the IPTV side since there has been multiple issues of channels and guide data getting mixed up with little to no control over how this occurs.
      • This was one of the reasons for the stand-alone guide. The other being recording.
  • Update notifications
    • These already do run in the background via the Slinger service and what you are seeing are notifications of the progress. Otherwise there would be no way to tell the progress.
    • I can create a toggle to turn off the notifications.
@hagertyoh
IPTV Merge already supports Sling.
Just go Playlists > Add > Add-on > Sling
(this will automatically set the correct sling settings it needs)
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sling0